The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 07, 2021, 01:36:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that make you go WTF? MkII  (Read 75992 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1050 on: January 28, 2021, 04:47:58 pm »

I know a lot of members have been here longer, but I just realized  I've been here for 10 years.

Giddy gawd how time flies by................. WTF!  Shocked

My profile says I joined in 2009, which means you're "younger" than I am, sonny, so take heart  Wink Cheesy

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1051 on: January 28, 2021, 04:53:11 pm »

Annnnnnd, in other news, I recently started tweeting again. (no, on Twitter, I'm not growing feathers or anything. Yet...)

But, so far, nobody I followed back before I stopped tweeting or reading the feeds  back seven or so years ago will talk to me now. Or people I've followed recently. Maybe they think I'm a zombie or some such.

Addendum: checked past tweets and found the last was in 2016. So, four years and not seven.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 07:27:11 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #1052 on: January 29, 2021, 11:12:21 am »

I remember you Mr Bailey..... Cheesy
Good to see your still around the world appears to be getting a touch deadly of late....

WTF moment: Hedgefund rich boys throwing their toys out of the pram, when the 'dumb investors' screw over their plans to 'sell a rental and buy it back cheaper when the return comes due.'

This is what they're there to do, predict the market. People have a soft spot for certain stock. You try to drive it into the ground they will retaliate. They need to be on those forums and reddit threads. It's action and reaction no different from a typhoon in coffee growing country. They failed to do that, they failed to predict the market.

LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #1053 on: January 29, 2021, 12:39:03 pm »

Somewhere between WTF and GAAAAAAAHHHH: I managed to burn my food this morning. What was I making ? Soup. I managed to burn soup.

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #1054 on: January 29, 2021, 12:51:12 pm »

Somewhere between WTF and GAAAAAAAHHHH: I managed to burn my food this morning. What was I making ? Soup. I managed to burn soup.
If you manage to burn a cold salad THEN all hope is lost.  Grin

Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #1055 on: January 29, 2021, 12:52:19 pm »

There are not many GAH's in cooking where you managed to change the state of a meal from a liquid into a solid. On the plus side if you had managed to turn it into a gas, a fire extinguisher would have been required. So silver linings eh?

That pan is going to need some work.
Synistor 303
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #1056 on: January 29, 2021, 01:29:30 pm »

I’ve burned a lot of soup... If it has beans in it (minestrone), or peas (pea and ham), they need to be stirred a lot to stop them sticking and burning.

LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #1057 on: January 29, 2021, 02:24:26 pm »

There are not many GAH's in cooking where you managed to change the state of a meal from a liquid into a solid. On the plus side if you had managed to turn it into a gas, a fire extinguisher would have been required. So silver linings eh?

Nah, half an hour soak and a scrub with machine shop grade steel wool. Back to good as new.
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #1058 on: January 29, 2021, 02:54:57 pm »

Good to see you back Clym Angus
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 02:59:28 pm by SeVeNeVeS » Logged
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #1059 on: January 29, 2021, 04:04:07 pm »

Good to see you back Clym Angus

To Mr Hogbin: A man with a plan who laughs in the face of adversity. Precisely what we need right now!
To SeVeNeVeS:  Little older, a little wiser. Less inclined to fight more of a mind to compliment. (although threadjackery around uncouth postings still stands. If not outright ban-able (not my row to howe) we'll humbly in our limited capacity, take all the -isms straight down to clown town where they belong.) I hope this minor dalliance finds you well.

Another GAH then (more a first world GAH): Waiting for 2 stonking 3D printed flintlock nerf guns to get.... well 3D printed.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1060 on: February 04, 2021, 03:21:15 pm »

Good to see your still around the world appears to be getting a touch deadly of late....

Hello, Clym, long time no encounter! Not to worry, the pendulum will swing back sometime soon...  I hope ...

In any case, I'm glad to see that you also have not yet succumbed to the ravages of pestilence or the winds of time, Mr. Angus!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 07:41:02 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #1061 on: February 05, 2021, 04:57:36 am »

My brother once burned water - or at least that was what it looked like.  For a large gathering he tried to make pasta but the pot was too big for the heating power of the stove and it wouldn't boil.  The pasta softened, sank to the bottom and, when he left the room and got distracted, turned to a solid mass of dough which blocked the water and burned on the bottom.  When he returned the water wasn't boiling - it was smoking.
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #1062 on: February 08, 2021, 01:54:16 pm »

In any case, I'm glad to see that you also have not yet succumbed to the ravages of pestilence or the winds of time, Mr. Angus!

I feel we are more than likely to mutually agree, when I say. "If that death bloke comes near me before I'm good and ready. I'll rip his tits off." Not a warning mind you, more a statement of iron clad fact. Cheesy
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1063 on: February 14, 2021, 12:35:20 am »

I feel we are more than likely to mutually agree, when I say. "If that death bloke comes near me before I'm good and ready. I'll rip his tits off." Not a warning mind you, more a statement of iron clad fact. Cheesy

And what ever would you do with said tits if you're dead?

Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #1064 on: February 14, 2021, 01:20:39 am »

And what ever would you do with said tits if you're dead?

I dread to think personally.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 01:42:40 am by Mercury Wells » Logged

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #1065 on: February 14, 2021, 10:54:31 am »

As everyone knows, DEATH, (who speaks in capitals, and rides a white horse called Binckie!) can be tempted away from waving his scythe around by presenting him with a good curry!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 10:56:24 am by Banfili » Logged
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #1066 on: February 14, 2021, 11:36:02 am »

As everyone knows, DEATH, (who speaks in capitals, and rides a white horse called Binckie!) can be tempted away from waving his scythe around by presenting him with a good curry!

Or a cat, "CATS ARE NICE."

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #1067 on: February 14, 2021, 01:14:34 pm »

We all live so we can die. It is the meaning of life.

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #1068 on: February 14, 2021, 04:05:49 pm »

Since when? Cats are just predatory killing machines of nature, now, a cat curry, that might be something to think about..........
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Master Tinkerer
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #1069 on: February 14, 2021, 04:11:39 pm »

I hope to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather, and not screaming in terror like his passengers.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #1070 on: February 14, 2021, 04:18:10 pm »

I hope to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather, and not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Grin Grin Wink
Deimos
Snr. Officer

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #1071 on: February 14, 2021, 04:21:15 pm »

And it can be so sudden. One day you are alive, and that night you go to bed, and the next morning you wake up dead. 

Here is a test to find out if your mission in life is complete:
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Lauren Bacall

"You can tell a man's vices by his friends, his virtues by his enemies."

"Only the paranoid survive."
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #1072 on: February 14, 2021, 04:27:57 pm »

Since when? Cats are just predatory killing machines of nature, now, a cat curry, that might be something to think about..........
"Predatory killing machines", you say. It seems fairly clear why Death would like them then.  Wink

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #1073 on: February 14, 2021, 05:50:28 pm »

"Predatory killing machines", you say. It seems fairly clear why Death would like them then.  Wink
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 05:58:50 pm by SeVeNeVeS » Logged
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #1074 on: February 14, 2021, 07:00:48 pm »

Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, but we all know Death is a goth girl with an ankh on her necklace.

I'm not merciful or blessed. I'm just me. I've got a job to do and I do it....When the first living thing existed, I was there. Waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: