The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 28, 2021, 03:57:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scary Tales: Uncensored Version Of Fairy Tales  (Read 773 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: June 27, 2015, 05:56:42 pm »

The Horror Story Hiding Behind Your Childhood Bedtime Classic:

Hansel And Gretel|Cinderella:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-eFU2lurvo

The Juniper Tree:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbNMNj8I4K4

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
creagmor
Zeppelin Captain
South Africa South Africa

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 09:55:57 pm »

According to what I have read, in the original stories: (a) Pinocchio kills the cricket (un-named) halfway through the story, (b) after making her great sacrifice, The Little Mermaid gets dumped by the guy she loves, and (c) in at least one version of Little Red Ridding Hood, she gets eaten before the wolf is killed.     

“Love is an emotional thing, and whatever is emotional is opposed to that cold true reason which I place above all things.” Sherlock Holmes, in The Sign of Four.
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 09:17:56 pm »

And the prince did more than kiss Sleeping Beauty to wake her.

I was horrified at the Struwwelpeter stories "or, Pretty Stories and Funny Pictures" (https://archive.org/details/englishstruwwelp00hoffrich) when I discovered them as a teenager, but they were mild in comparison with the unedited versions of the Grimm tales. Our ideas of childhood and what is appropriate for children is only about a hundred years old.

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: