The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 18, 2019, 12:33:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Barker Street Irregulars OOC and Set Up Thread  (Read 33708 times)
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #425 on: July 28, 2015, 07:32:01 pm »

Youth in green, who is he please?  I have an idea but I don't want to derail anybody's plans.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #426 on: July 28, 2015, 07:39:01 pm »

I need someone with magic or Vail gate stuff to Pull out my wakisashi and give it to me.  I usually travel with katana and tanto only,  but have a plan for the middle sword.  They should say that Jenny foresaw my need and sent it to me.  *I gave it to her character in another game/ reality timeline thing.

Maybe Abraham?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 07:41:38 pm by Ranger Reid » Logged

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #427 on: July 28, 2015, 07:59:33 pm »

*If I read the relevant post correctly, it is the young fellow in the red coat who's been given elfin features and being dropped off by the officer who's wearing two katanas. Just a minor point, probably.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #428 on: July 28, 2015, 08:25:16 pm »

1. Marley is his first name. Whippett is his surname.

2. The interrupted andcharred meal was not my addition, but it works.

3. Im aware tbat my latest post is wellnigh unintelligible; Im posting from my pad, whose keyboard is virtual and ridiculously small. Will edit asap...
Its just siri is getting jelious of Marleys thing with celia!
I find that Siri can be a real B***** when she wants to be.

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #429 on: July 28, 2015, 08:38:40 pm »

ROFL. Marley has a thing with Celia?! My characters are sneaking around behind my back again...
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #430 on: July 28, 2015, 08:47:46 pm »

Celia is cheating on Reid with Marley AND siri?Huh?   I am confused.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #431 on: July 28, 2015, 08:58:03 pm »

Dammit Siri you jeliuos AI!

Have I left enough hints to the new character yet?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:59:47 pm by CPT_J_Percell » Logged
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #432 on: July 28, 2015, 08:59:53 pm »

There has to be something I am missing in the English humor vein...... 
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #433 on: July 28, 2015, 09:05:40 pm »

Dammit Siri you jeliuos AI!

Have I left enough hints to the new character yet?

Hey. Before James fades into the timestream, can you bring me my short sword?  
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #434 on: July 28, 2015, 11:10:49 pm »

I have no idea what was suposed to be in the letter so I am making things up.  Percell are you playing things out as a new version of Toby because that is what it looks like to me.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #435 on: July 28, 2015, 11:12:42 pm »

Changing the bit about Marley seeing someone with a red jacket (back to green; if that were James's young officer, she would have been letting him in before he went to the door and knocked, So I'm assuming the one who came in with Beety was a different fellow altogether. I'll have Marley open the door and let James's fellow in just before he goes out back to spar with Toby and teh others.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #436 on: July 28, 2015, 11:48:23 pm »

Poor Toby has a lot of book learning but not much experience.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #437 on: July 29, 2015, 12:31:41 am »

I and Marley are not trying to be mean and unfair; that disarming move was supposedly very popular in RL duels, so better for Toby to meet it firsthand and learn to deal with it. The fact that Marley does it with what amounts to a (blunt dummy) hand-and-a-half sword is just a showcase of his skill with that kind of weapon.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #438 on: July 29, 2015, 06:35:43 am »

James is the one in Green, the green is the 95th Irish Rifles company (see the Sharp series)
The Elfin in red is of the Camalonian Alliance, the red is the old British uniform but just happened to be the same colour needed for the Pendragon's who still exist on his world that he had trained on under the rule of Queen Victoria Pendragon.
The Soldier is   

Tobias Artherious Wolf, The shard of the false king who remained in the broken sword and was taken away by the 500 year old version of James Purcell
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #439 on: July 29, 2015, 06:43:24 am »

I'm assuming the first case is completed then? If so, I'll lock it.

I'll do the same thing I did with the HMAS Marigold threads and compile the completed episodes into a master thread, keeping the current game thread open and stickied.

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #440 on: July 29, 2015, 04:41:36 pm »

Steampunk Away Any idea what you want those black veins to be?
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #441 on: July 29, 2015, 04:52:19 pm »

Yup Corsair I was planning on doing that but then I totally forgot.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #442 on: July 29, 2015, 04:59:16 pm »

I thought about locking it but thought as your mod and its yours then ill leave it.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #443 on: July 29, 2015, 06:00:08 pm »

I was thinking some mind control poison or something. Maybe magic that slowly turns the victim evil.

It is to go along with Reid's prophecy really. Might as well make a suspicious reentrance.

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #444 on: July 29, 2015, 06:10:35 pm »

It is to go along with Reid's prophecy really.

Funny how a side bit that I didn't expect to carry much impact can make someone change a whole path.   I was just playing.   Grin

Cool if the prophecy does turn in to something, but I didn't really expect it too.  LOL
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #445 on: July 29, 2015, 08:12:37 pm »

I'm wondering about image magic.  Is it enchanted paint/ink meant to redraw his soul?  There's some really interesting mythology with tattoos that Captain Purcell might remember at a suitable point.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #446 on: July 29, 2015, 08:18:38 pm »

Nope, the Vail is a place of pure energy, if one spends enough time there they can draw on the energy and use it to rebuild their own soul and given time learn how to create a new body.
Having an anchor gives a focal point for a persons energys.
The sword also serves to focus his mind on what he was and how he should never be.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #447 on: July 29, 2015, 08:46:51 pm »

The following is Taken from the Diaries of James Purcell and is Copyright James Purcell 2012

On the Subject of James Purcells uniform.
The style was put out of use in the 19th century but a Highlord comes with privileges.
Normally a Highlord only carries one sword however, the Black Katana was given to him when he came to the Kitsune to learn how to control his wolfen side (it was the Kitsune that changed him into a Shadow Kitsune (part Kitsune, Part Werewolf) and is the reason why he is the only three tailed warewolf in history of Albion,England and Draconia) his second Katana is one awarded to him for surviving the trial of the 16. It is covered in the dark green of the 95th rifle (Irish company) and trimmed in gold as is norm for a Highlord.

In this photo he has a red sash, James differs because his is black and yellow with 3 red lines down one side.

And for those not in the know. the man on the right is the singer who sung the sharp theme and the version of British soldier I posted.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #448 on: July 29, 2015, 09:42:12 pm »

Since we're discussing/exposing origins and such...
Been conversing with Ms Walking Stick via PM, Re Bill. and perhaps Marley as well, concerning the issue of Ravens and whether one can be something else as well as a raven, and/or whether or not they stay ravens or humans to some degree 'way down inside.

If I've gotten it right, Bill is far too talkative, articulate, intelligent, and emotionally developed to be merely a fledgling raven. In all probability he was something else before, whether it be a person, a god, demigod, a demon or whatever; his flight through and with the Timewind as well as being inundated with all the magic energy at the Golden Tower probably is what molded him into his present form, or made it impossible to change back to what he was originally, is what i'm thinking. Lord alone knows who or what he was; that will be determined through subsequent events and/or cases.

Now onto Marley; most of this I extrapolated form what Ms. Walking Stick said about Bill; at this writing she has not gotten back to me yet concerning Marley's situation. I'm not sure about him, just that the transformation spell that made him a raven, and the one that changed him back, were most likely both botched in some way; the first one by the miscreant dabbler(s) because of inexperience and youthful hubris, causing Marley to live the life of a human learning to be a raven, and getting pushed off of buildings to teach him to fly, etc.; the second, by Grand Master Mollesly, because of haste in order to salvage as much of Marley's humanity as possible, and to stop Marley's human body from perching on his desk, acting like a raven learning to be a human in the basement of Whitehall, etc.

I was thinking that at some point Marley might get caught in another spell, or just somehow change back due to a glitch in Mollesley's  hastily concocted botch job. As with Bill, to be  developed in subsequent chapters or events. So, that's where all of that is in my fevered brain at the moment.

On another, rather  worrisome note: My Dad has been diagnosed with a condition in the optic nerve of his eye requiring daily injections of a certain drug; that means that for the foreseeable future (hopefully no more than a couple of weeks, but could turn out to be a month or more), I'll be driving him every day to the doctor's office to get said injections. Thus, My posting times may be severely curtailed. Have to see...
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #449 on: July 29, 2015, 10:44:42 pm »

Very sorry to hear about your father.     Yes, I know a little about some of the Celtic (and Norse) versions of Ravens, and I figured you were setting Bill up to be something "special" down the road. 

Another reason for his development could simply be his association with ley lines and energies.   Since the Ravens are tied to the tower, and we have said it sits at a convergence point, I am sure he has absorbed some raw magic.....     

Interesting to see what other powers/ effects manifest.......

Prayers to your father.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: