The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 23, 2019, 06:46:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Barker Street Irregulars OOC and Set Up Thread  (Read 29669 times)
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #350 on: July 21, 2015, 09:15:56 pm »

I said he was untouched!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Oddly with the exception of the old wolf, who seemed immune to the chant.)

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #351 on: July 22, 2015, 04:15:40 am »

I thought something else would have to be riding the timewind, and a Raven or three seemed appropriate. Not sure if he'll stay with Marley or join the others at the Tower of London. I supposed he might could be the missing one, cleansed and reborn as a fledgling. If not, maybe he could be Marley's little pest/pet for a while...?

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #352 on: July 22, 2015, 06:25:14 am »

I said he was untouched!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Oddly with the exception of the old wolf, who seemed immune to the chant.)

He hasn't been fully mortal for a long time and is mostly a spirit so when the cleansing was cast well, he had to turn human or cross into the vail.

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #353 on: July 22, 2015, 11:24:50 am »

All depenexx on whether his lycanthropy was magical or "disease", and if,magical I thought maybe since his power was from an entirely different set of "God's" it might remain.

Smiley
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #354 on: July 22, 2015, 02:49:45 pm »

*St. Alban's: fictitious chapel (I'd like to think I came up with it) as far as I know, whose clock governs the Docklands Eddies.

*St. Paul's: actually can't remember if it's a RL clock or a sundial that predates Queen Victoria's family's advent in England, but it's one or the other. I'm thinking a  pendulum-modified foliot clock, mainly just because I know how they work (lol). Governs London Proper, which according to what I was thinking would be at least two Thames eddies and one ley eddy (most churches in England, according to what I've read, lie on or near major ley lines, and a few such as St. Pauls lie on junctures between several).

*I'm not certain where the other vortex clocks would be; I'd think at major ley junctions and the like for one determiner; Thames or other water way eddies (such tend to have faerie/magical traditions attached to them if they're old or persistent enough); likely major natural water features like the Bath area, the various sacred wells, caverns, etc.

*Dragon Hands: included on many astronomically-themed clocks for the purpose (mainly) of predicting elclipses and other lunar-related events. I actually am not sure if such or how many (if any) are on any extant RL English tower or cathedral clocks, but many are (originally at least) from the right period for it to be possible, and anyway I figured they'd be useful to an order like Marley's.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #355 on: July 22, 2015, 05:00:29 pm »

All depenexx on whether his lycanthropy was magical or "disease", and if,magical I thought maybe since his power was from an entirely different set of "God's" it might remain.

Smiley
Its more metaphysical. The body that was infected with the "disease" died along time ago and is encased in ice. he is now a spirit that can create a physical shell. He is also 2 souls joined and yet seperate like siamese twins so suffers Wink
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #356 on: July 22, 2015, 05:03:28 pm »

I am hoping Stella will roll us in to another tale.  I would like to see the others back with us......   
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #357 on: July 22, 2015, 05:03:44 pm »

*St. Alban's: fictitious chapel (I'd like to think I came up with it) as far as I know, whose clock governs the Docklands Eddies.

*St. Paul's: actually can't remember if it's a RL clock or a sundial that predates Queen Victoria's family's advent in England, but it's one or the other. I'm thinking a  pendulum-modified foliot clock, mainly just because I know how they work (lol). Governs London Proper, which according to what I was thinking would be at least two Thames eddies and one ley eddy (most churches in England, according to what I've read, lie on or near major ley lines, and a few such as St. Pauls lie on junctures between several).

*I'm not certain where the other vortex clocks would be; I'd think at major ley junctions and the like for one determiner; Thames or other water way eddies (such tend to have faerie/magical traditions attached to them if they're old or persistent enough); likely major natural water features like the Bath area, the various sacred wells, caverns, etc.

*Dragon Hands: included on many astronomically-themed clocks for the purpose (mainly) of predicting elclipses and other lunar-related events. I actually am not sure if such or how many (if any) are on any extant RL English tower or cathedral clocks, but many are (originally at least) from the right period for it to be possible, and anyway I figured they'd be useful to an order like Marley's.

When I am Old,
Ring ye Bells at Pauls.

That's why I posted the "Oranges and lemons" nursery rhyme as there all supposed to follow a layline
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #358 on: July 22, 2015, 05:04:27 pm »

I am hoping Stella will roll us in to another tale.  I would like to see the others back with us......   

I have an idea for that but she did say this was the first case.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #359 on: July 22, 2015, 05:11:16 pm »

Great.  I have a term of an idea for an adventure, but would want to plan it out better.  Probly wouldn't play in it, just develop the story for others.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #360 on: July 22, 2015, 05:15:39 pm »

If it does happen I have a new character to introduce but it will cause conflict with the Knights Temporal
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #361 on: July 22, 2015, 08:02:56 pm »

If it does happen I have a new character to introduce but it will cause conflict with the Knights Temporal

Adjustments can be made. Perhaps one does a different function in the same realm? Could also be like a different branch of government or some  of the different  branches of service having their own intelligentsia, perhaps?

The knights temporal As I see them or saw them originally are  engineering techs with badges etc., sort of having grown into their role over the centuries, and their ranks composed, much like those of Dumas' Musketeers, of people who've distinguished themselves in battle or in the Monarch's or the realm's service in the field (Hence Marley's being able to 'join up' as it were, after his stint in the Royal Air Marines).  Like the Police, their role is more or less to react, concerned more with dealing with the disaster in progress than the actual prevention of the disaster in the first place; sort of like the difference between a thief taker and a guardsman, although the comparison is not quite there. The Linnaeus Guards that Marley is an officer in are as I see/saw it, are more of a step in the preventive/investigative direction, I was originally thinking, but also still concerned with the mechanics of keeping things running when nothing else is going on. Perhaps a division of labor would be in the offing in the near future, where one group takes one set of duties and the other takes the rest. Marley would most likely stick (perhaps unwillingly at the Grand Master's bidding) with the investigation/enforcement bunch. He's not a spit-and-polish uniformed desk rider kind of person at present, so he'd probably insist on being a field man just to keep out of the office.

I had toyed originally with the idea of him being sort of like Conan-Doyle's Lestrade to Mallard's Holmes-style figure, but whatever works out.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:05:44 pm by MWBailey » Logged
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #362 on: July 22, 2015, 08:55:20 pm »

The multiverse alliance are supposed to be observers but i can see a crossing of duties.
internal conflict can be fun
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #363 on: July 22, 2015, 09:22:27 pm »

I can run another if you want or one of you could either way works.  Just don't forget we have to pick up Toby.  And Celia may be a bit sweet on Reid.  I think she is lonely because her world is work and child.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #364 on: July 22, 2015, 09:33:25 pm »

Whoops. I'll try to fix that as soon as I reboot; this machine is acting wonky again.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #365 on: July 22, 2015, 09:35:59 pm »

I have an idea but it will start several days later.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #366 on: July 22, 2015, 09:45:35 pm »

.  And Celia may be a bit sweet on Reid.  I think she is lonely because her world is work and child.

That will be interesting to play out.   Reid only ever had one love, and she was cut down by his best friend. (Mental issues)
Reid had to kill him.  So he is sort of,messed up on friendships and relationships.   

I wish I cod,finish my novel.  It,would,explain so much about Reid.....
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #367 on: July 22, 2015, 10:34:42 pm »

I figure she had to grow up quickly with her job so she is mature and capable but not socially active unless it was for her job. So she has very little idea what most people do for fun.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #368 on: July 22, 2015, 11:03:31 pm »

Okay, fixed it so that the airship takes Toby aboard via bosun's chair before they leave the Market. Also had Marley name the raven; his name is now "Bill."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #369 on: July 23, 2015, 12:37:09 am »

I leave what Toby is up for debate all i can say is i think he has some strong power on his own. We can go free the bird and then on to the next case.  We will still need to brake the Morgan's bonds because I think she will hold us to that but those can be the framework for any sort of story we want to tell.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:37:00 am by Stella Gaslight » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #370 on: July 23, 2015, 12:00:12 pm »

Okay, we're onsite at St. Alban's and Bill's found the door to the crypts. Who's clever little fellow, then...

*PECK!*

Ouch!
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #371 on: July 23, 2015, 09:35:56 pm »

I figure that you all could have fun with the reactions to the language of the dead.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #372 on: July 23, 2015, 09:44:15 pm »

I only recently thought of this trick.   The dagger absorbs wave energy, even magic.   It also shoots same back out of the katana....

BUT.... Reid can absorb impressions from metal.......    So......   While touching the dagger, I am actually listening "through" it.   It absorbs your sounds, and I know what they were as if I listened.   Later I have to shoot them out of the katana.............
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #373 on: July 24, 2015, 10:33:21 am »

Sorry about my spotty posting; I plead back trouble and family squabbles. Mostly my fault. unfortunately.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #374 on: July 25, 2015, 01:32:56 am »

i figure the knights did some realy nasty magic down in the crypts so there may be some leftovers lurking in the shadows.  I put in the part about the spells so if someone want to tie the next case in they have some good roots.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: