The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 27, 2019, 08:20:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Barker Street Irregulars OOC and Set Up Thread  (Read 29980 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #275 on: July 02, 2015, 10:00:53 pm »

Oh that makes a lot of sense.  The moment The Morgan saw the copies being made(she may have been summoned when Celia said her name)  she kept the information knowing it would be useful but the men in white used it to make her replacement and that would tick her off.  I already knew Toby was small for his age but it may be that the half of him Celia has is the more fae and isn't ageing much so the human half is getting all of it.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #276 on: July 02, 2015, 10:35:43 pm »

Also Toby seems to have a very sunny disposition, I wonder if Toby 2 has all of his dark moods.  In magic both phrases could have a direct meaning.  Also Toby is impulsive and compassionate, Toby 2 may well be a control freak.

From what I've seen Celia has very little Ego about what she does and doesn't expect people to crawl to her.  Celia 2 seems to need a lot of confirmation of her status.  What they have in common is the mother bear attitude.

Beety is sure they need to merge or die.

"Beety kept quiet as she watched Celia, the appalling strain she was under could crack London.  It wasn't as simple as the Captain's dilemma, Celia had to be in range of her doppelganger before they both died but when they were that close the distortions in the magic resonance could build to catastrophic proportions before either had a chance of winning. Only the fact that Beety had given her word to Celia's grandmother prevented her from dissolving into panic knowing how weak her own magic was compared to what they faced.  Her one comfort was the fact that she had taught Celia how to bluff extremely well."

"Beety was sharply reminded of a group of elves that had created the one perfect moment and stayed in it.  They had been horrifyingly grateful when she made it possible for them to escape into death.  She really didn't want anyone ever to be trapped like that again but the crowned "Celia" and the "King" in white and gold were starting the long preparation for exactly that sort of spell. 
"Celia think of Toby, whatever they try think of Toby as you know him with all his faults and all his future before him."

That makes even more sense if Toby 2 is ageing rapidly and Celia 2 wants to complete the spell to prevent his death.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #277 on: July 02, 2015, 10:50:18 pm »

Yes the rapid ageing would worry Celia very much.  She is going to have a very long life and the thought of her baby fading away would bother her a lot. Toby lets Celia baby him but Toby 2 would most likely be a moody teenager who won't even let her hug him.  The control freak thing fits too.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #278 on: July 02, 2015, 11:01:27 pm »

Knowing how many teenagers hate seeing their baby pictures Toby 2 may be horribly embarrassed by Toby.  You could have fun with that as well.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #279 on: July 02, 2015, 11:25:07 pm »

What caused the spit could be an old thieves trap meant to take the soul of a thief and hold it until the merchandise can be returned only it wasn't meant to deal with people that are a bit more than human.  Since she was not stopped the goblins would have most likely think she got away with it until the found the doubles wandering about.

I wonder if Celia herself is one of the magic circles binding Morgan.  She did say that being bound to some of the circles was done voluntarily and taking on the debt instead of getting instant justice was something she did to have Celia owe her.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2015, 12:25:41 am »

Ooh interesting, thinking about that for a while.  I have to try and get some sleep it's gone midnight here.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2015, 12:35:14 am »

Good night.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #282 on: July 03, 2015, 02:11:46 am »

That sounds cool.   Sorry I was out of pocket so long and not chipping in.    I am going to be spotty for a bit.   Taking a fire assignment and will be traveling for a couple weeks. 

I hope to check in and participate each evening.   If I see that I can't I will write Reid into another abduction or something.

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #283 on: July 03, 2015, 02:13:50 am »

We can always have you along but not very talkative if you don't mind.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2015, 02:17:08 am »

Not only dont I mind, but I would invite you to make minor movements and input for me if it helps the big story.

Keep me dry, humble, hopefully competent, and always...... always...... blunt.    And I do not mind taking the occasional pratfall for the humor and fun of the story.  Just keep me "good at what I do" please.

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #285 on: July 03, 2015, 02:37:45 am »

Will do. Also I think it will be helpful for us to have a tracker through the tricky goblin streets.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #286 on: July 03, 2015, 02:40:56 am »

I see no reason to make this the grand finale.   we had talked about there being several different magic focal points.   I know we put forth that without the main one at the tower, now they had to make use of several others together, but what if each of the remaining 5 have the potential to wreak havoc?

Then we could deal with this one, the bad guys flee at the last moment (hopefully we win LOL)  and it's off to the next one. 

We could keep the story running a while, and maybe some of our other players will have the chance to rejoin us.   

I am hoping Mallard returns soon. 
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #287 on: July 03, 2015, 03:04:55 am »

Yes this has grown quite a bit.  I see no reason now that we know where things are headed to braking each ring like a chapter in a book. I admit when i started this it was going to be a simple theft of the crown jewels useing the raven to disrupt their magical protection but it has grown so much from that that the episodes will need to be much bigger to hold it all.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #288 on: July 03, 2015, 08:09:55 pm »

Yes this has grown quite a bit.  I see no reason now that we know where things are headed to braking each ring like a chapter in a book. I admit when i started this it was going to be a simple theft of the crown jewels useing the raven to disrupt their magical protection but it has grown so much from that that the episodes will need to be much bigger to hold it all.
Such is the way of writing, this is yet another example of the characters running away with the authors story!

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #289 on: July 03, 2015, 10:02:02 pm »

And since each of us is an author there are more directions for the characters to go.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #290 on: July 04, 2015, 03:52:39 am »

and as we get a feel for each other then we can play off each other more.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #291 on: July 04, 2015, 04:53:00 am »

I was wondering if Inkpot, as the Clockwarden, would be able to keep the streets from moving quite so much (not stop them, as that would probably cause a major disruption), but to do so, he perhaps needs to get to the Golden Tower, as that's where the Vortex Clock is hidden (perhaps it's even the reason the tower keeps moving, as the major eddy in time that the clock regulates could be the sort that moves, like an eccentric eddy in a river bend, for example - which might also explain why the streets keep moving, admn why one has to concentrate on a point other than one's destination, which like the Market finds one instead of one finding it. Assuming I've got the logic nailed down correctly, that is.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #292 on: July 04, 2015, 05:07:16 am »

I know it's own magic is fighting Celia 2 and only the iron of Toby 2 sword is keeping them from get horribly lost. But I am not sure why.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #293 on: July 04, 2015, 05:30:31 am »

Just an idea: A spinning set of magnets (such as those in an electric motor) inside of an armature creates an electromagnetic field; a motor made to spin really fast without current input will itself superconduct, that is to say, produce current, once it begins spinning fast enough. That might/could perhaps be what the vortex clocks are: clockwork superconductors that create magnetic/magical fields that act as governance devices to control the temporal tidal forces exerted by the eddies (vortices) in time that the city rests upon (?). Perhaps the sword is attracted to the tower, or perturbs the tower's clock's field somehow (?). Kind of a stretch, but it seems plausible to me.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #294 on: July 05, 2015, 11:37:17 pm »

Or not.

I hope everybody's just off doing things related to the 4th... I mean, I swear I've been bathing regularly.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #295 on: July 06, 2015, 12:55:32 am »

Travelling for work.  I an checking in when I can.  Hope to see this continue soon.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #296 on: July 06, 2015, 12:59:23 am »

We can move things along of we need to but I figure the holiday is responsible for the most of it.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #297 on: July 06, 2015, 07:24:09 am »

Just come back from up north and well signal was spotty (still cannot access the forum via iPhone!)

Toby2's Sword - Is it not some arcane alloy rune engraved relic of "Old Camelot" that acts as an anchor for time eddies?
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #298 on: July 06, 2015, 09:48:08 am »

It very well could be and he may not know all it can do.  If it would make him too much of a handful for the men in white they would have neglected to tell him it did much more than kill things. 
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #299 on: July 06, 2015, 10:50:24 am »

Question If the sword responds to a true descendant of Arthur should it be Reid that breaks the spell?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: