The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 20, 2019, 10:34:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Barker Street Irregulars OOC and Set Up Thread  (Read 33937 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2015, 05:02:52 pm »

Not knowing where the portal-vs.-gateway thing in relation to Reid etc. is going, I'm waiting to see what transpires. Marley and Inkpot will exchange testy pleasantries and convo vis-a-vis the HMAS Carolus Linnaeus incident some time very soon.

Right now, I have sweaty bedclothing to launder (no fever overnight, but Lawdy what a sweat. You'd think my bed was a sauna...).

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #251 on: July 01, 2015, 12:15:12 am »

This is what I think will happen.  Celia and the gang will find their way to the current head of the market picking up Reid on the way if he wishes.  While working out a deal they will come under attack by the men in white and see the false Celia for the first time.  I think after that we will have to brake the magic connecting the Morgan to the imposter driving them off and Giving Celia a measure of her power back.   This is just a loose outline of what I think should happen and you all can change it at any time.  Also what shall our false Arthur look like and what do you all want the false Celia to be(crazy and from the future? A twisted avatar of Camelot made out of magic? or something realy out there like a summer fae using humans to strike at the winter court.)

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2015, 12:24:49 am »

Just for continuity, I would prefer the false Arthur to be the guard from the tower.  He had taken that job in order to get close enough to set up the one big spell and be there to jump in and claim the power.  So whatever else happens, we have already "seen" him.   

If anyone novelizes this it will make sense that way.

The false celia should come from a time when she was injured defending the city.   The spell components that gave her health were taken and used to create a shadow celia for this purpose.   To HER memory she went from being injured to being helped by the men in white.   She is an echo of the real celia powered by the healing spell, and unaware of her "falseness"   

That would set up a tragic self sacrifice on her part during the finale when she would realize that to save the city there should be only one Celia, and break the spell feeding her energy......

just some thoughts that occur to me for a good story.     I absolutely offer them for consideration, but will go with the gang.

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #253 on: July 01, 2015, 12:29:31 am »

I like the idea of the next time we see the Arthur he is in shining armour on a white horse looking very impresive. If the false Celia is an echo she may have taken him under her wing like Toby and is slowly making him look more like you would imagine a king.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #254 on: July 01, 2015, 12:31:19 am »

She could think it IS Tobey since they are controlling her and keeping her thoughts fuzzy.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #255 on: July 01, 2015, 12:37:47 am »

Just thought I'd go ahead and do the transaction. Now Marley's as firmly in the muck as everybody else, and teh Hound's cleared for entry under guard to be used as entry money, if I understood the run of things correctly. I'd think that Arthur and false Celia will have felt both Celia's and Marley's oaths. Hopefully I haven't mucked anything up yet.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #256 on: July 01, 2015, 12:49:20 am »

The men in white could have told the false Celia that we are all working with The Morgan to take her son away. That would make her a vicious mama bear.

Bailey you are doing fine. and that gives me something to build on.

So now that Celia is registered as a trader in the market and everyone knows that she has something powerful up for sale I think we can expect quite a few goblins to show up and try to trick them in to a deal.  I know one of the most basic rules is the market itself gets a cut of every transaction and contracts when sealed properly are stronger than any mortal law.  but what rules do you all think are out there?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 01:08:59 am by Stella Gaslight » Logged
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #257 on: July 01, 2015, 01:30:41 am »

Rule # 1......  all trades are overseen by an Arbiter.  He works for the market directly and is supposed to have no opinion to either side.   (he will of course be biased against us.

Rule #18   if anything happens to the Arbiter another may step forward to complete the deal.     (I could "make him fall down... a lot.")

Then the goblin that owes me for getting rid of his rival could step in to finish our negotiations and we know he is in favor of us getting the weres out of his market.     

How's that sound?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #258 on: July 01, 2015, 01:32:09 am »

I'd think the one I mentioned earlier (The loose brick incident), that about saying thank you to any but close friends, family or those with whom one has just already struck a deal for something would indicate indebtedness, and thus a deal, thus binding the thanker to the thanked; I think that's actually faerie lore, but I'd think a goblin'd love the tricky nature of it, and probably similar traps for the unwary as well.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2015, 01:35:39 am »

OOOoooohhhh  and rule #49   anyone who interrupts a deal, (unless they are petitioning to make a counteroffer)  is considered "hostile to trade" and open for killing on the spot.    That would make it fun to see other hounds try to stop the trade....  they would either have to try to out bid and "buy" their partner or allow it to go through   and if one did try just to interrupt it without bidding or being a qualified trader, one of us could kill him   

happy happy happy.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2015, 02:21:17 am »

rule 23 you must allow a full inspection of the market grounds to all traders

rule 87  a trader may keep a reasonable number of guards about their person.

rule 11 if a deal is struck, to break it is to be put down.

rule 354 not every deal must be verbalized.   (Reid can "suggest" that he had a deal with the goblin in the cave that they would help each other, even though they never said it.  backing out, even thought it isn't a proven deal yet, might embarrass the guild chief, or even allow him to be killed as per #11)

rule 152  if offered a "better deal" one may break off an arrangement, but only if the guild chief approves.

I think there may be an argument as to weather the hound is a sentient creature or livestock. they would argue that rule #87 allows for him to offer his own price for his own hide because he is sentient.

Celia would counter that if he is allowed to trade, it would violate rule #65 bringing a second trader in on a negotiation in progress, and she could allow her guard to kill the arbiter for a bad faith move.

they would decide to leave him as livestock  

Rule 7 No trader may brake a contract when they have the means to forfil it on the pain of death.

Rule 14 All traders are allowed to test the things offered for trade to ensure their authenticity.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2015, 02:25:43 am »

I love the idea of the arrogance as the biased Arbiter tries to make a deal to get rid of us, and Celia just keeps using the rules.  (Beety of course knows some of the obscure rules and can whisper to Celia during the negotiations.)

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2015, 02:29:07 am »

Oooh that is good. They keep thinking just because we are humans we are stupid yokels.  Percell are you ruung a side story or was that a misfire?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:20:42 am by Stella Gaslight » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #263 on: July 02, 2015, 12:33:42 am »

Was thinking the goblins view the "king" and "queen" with suspiciousness and disdain, but the fact that some/many already see them as bona fide royals indicates that at least part of the doppelganger's (false Celia's) glamour is working and affecting their perceptions.

Also, I was wondering if perhaps Goblin society were stratified a bit; InKpot would come form what passes for Lower or Middle Class among them, and Reid's benefactor most likely from the "Upper Crust," for example.

Finally, Inkpot's proper title, other than "Regent," might properly be "Clockwarden."

What do you all think?
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #264 on: July 02, 2015, 12:37:23 am »

I think the goblins would be ruled by class, but also strongly by guild alignment.   An upper crust would dive headfirst into a fight to protect a lower class if they were from the same guild.   (my opinion only)

Celia is in a  better spot than she thinks.    The gagme guild does not want the were's to win. 

And the Morrigan had hinted as much too.   I  just realized that maybe the Morrigan had "thought" she would rule by the fake arther's side, but the were's put up their fake Celia instead.    So though Morrigan is still bound by her contract, she is also "rooting for us". 

That would explain our dream conversations with  her and fit with the fake Celia plot nicely.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2015, 12:46:17 am »

All sounds good to me.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2015, 01:10:35 am »

I think the city may have been trying to tell her that when it split in to fives but Celia could not comprehend what it was trying to tell her,
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #267 on: July 02, 2015, 01:20:00 am »

I am envisioning a finale where the were's ask the Morrigan for help saving their plot, and she looks at them and replies "That wasn't part of our contract.  You are on your own."

Not suggesting we are near that point........  just thinking ahead.....
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #268 on: July 02, 2015, 01:26:50 am »

I wonder if Toby will have a part to play.  Perhaps the final spell they need both Celias to open the last gate and the only way to get the real one to do it will be because they have Toby.
Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #269 on: July 02, 2015, 01:29:56 am »

OOOooohhh  since I thought the guard from the tower should make an appearance....  The fake celia keeps talking to the Arthur (in armor) as if he is her Tobey.  But when it all falls apart, it should be the guard pretending to be.   She is so drugged and magicked that she has no idea...

poor dear......  Wink
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #270 on: July 02, 2015, 01:39:20 am »

And she has been fed half truths that we will sort of make look true because she will be able to feel the Morgan on us and that will be enough proof for her.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #271 on: July 02, 2015, 08:14:28 pm »

Names of individuals and organizations (hopwefully) taken from the previous ytext, or hopefully made to fit  the storyline for continuity and standar reader expectations. If anything is off or wrangly used, tell me and I'll try to fix it. Pardon begged for making the European conglomerate sound like a particularly disgusting onomatapoeic joke on the American conglomerate name GAG-ME (lol. Sorry, couldn't resist).

Marley's not really been around the Morrigan as far as I can tell; would there be a reasion for him to have been? If not, I'm not sure if that will have any bearing on things or not, but perhaps it would make the false Celia think he's not "tainted" like the others.

Also, since she's not the Real Celia, I'm not sure what her memories of Marley might be, depending upon which Celia (meaning form which time period) she's been crafted. If an earlier one, she might only remember The real Celia's first encounter (if any at all) with the fellow. Just for the sake of having such a memory I'd like to suggest what could have come to be called "The Orrery Incident," a case where an orrery created in the image of the famous first one was perverted into an attempt at a time machine, which of course went wrong and threatened London's present (at that time) reality. Or whatever you all think fits. Maybe that's a good one for the side stories...

If she's created using a later time period, not sure how many cases from the past she would remember or if she would in fact remember any(?). I guess it woud depend upon how detailed her false memory might be versus how drugged/magicked/bewildered she is? Just thinking out loud, I suppose you could say.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #272 on: July 02, 2015, 08:28:16 pm »

Is this finale going to take place in the market?
If so then the older darker James May make his darkness shown through some unique abilities

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2015, 08:33:44 pm »

I know we are going to fight the false Celia  but I think she is going to run off after we stomp them  then she will be damaged for a bit and we may be able to brake the next circle with just a bit of sneaking in to a museum and perhaps fighting a monster they left behind.  Or maybe mummies and things that the circle is animating because mummies are neat.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #274 on: July 02, 2015, 09:43:14 pm »

I have an idea:- Reading back Celia believes that she got Toby away from The Goblins without harm.  What if she's wrong and the other Celia and Toby are really parts of their souls taken and manipulated by mad goblins. They are ageing faster than the originals so their Toby was the young guard here.

"The two men were laughing like drunkards already as they stormed out of the outer tower gate.  Otherwise they might have noticed the young guard who had been watching the inner courtyard staring at them darkly from a shadowy corner.  His face was mottled with rage, and his fists were clenched tightly."

Unless Celia and Toby merge with their second selves London will crack and with it The Realm, but their second selves have been drugged ( that herbal potion) lied to and manipulated by experts.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: