The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 17, 2021, 01:16:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadillac Expert Needed....  (Read 721 times)
SPBrewer
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Sky Pirate Brewer

« on: May 26, 2015, 08:39:33 am »

I need an expert in old Cadillac's to tell me the difference between the 1959 Cadillac Coupe Deville and the 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Seville.
This is for a model car project I am working on.  Aside from the Chrome on the side of the car and the "V" shaped emblem on the trunk, I can not see any other differences.

Stan  aka The Sky Pirate.

The Sky Pirate
Captain of the "Queen Victoria's Revenge"

Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 04:29:53 pm »

No expert here, I just spend an unhealthy amount of time on youtube watching old American car relics forced back to life. So ignore what I say, I'm probably wrong!

Anyhow, not 100% sure, but I think there is a difference in width, the Coupe de Ville being approx one inch or so wider. As I understand it, there is a slight issue with swapping some chrome / trim between the two, though it can be made to work.

Other than that, it is all exterior chrome trim, some slight mechanical differences (standard fit / options mostly), and interior trim, which separate the two models.

I await to be corrected, and I will be...  Grin

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SouthernGothic
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 11:56:36 am »

In addition to the Eldorado's chrome trim being different, the rear "grill" featured three rows of bumper bullets as did the Fleetwoods (not the Coupe Devilles).
They also came with a vinyl roof which was unique for the time.
Body panels and windows matched the Coupe Deville otherwise.
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 05:09:13 pm »

Sorry, but the thread reminded me of this One piece at a time Grin

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: