The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 17, 2021, 02:19:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Threaded: A Experiment In The Surreal  (Read 861 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: May 21, 2015, 10:40:52 pm »

Submit !:
http://www.resn.co.nz/threaded/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 08:35:47 pm by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 09:03:29 pm »

Is the link still active? I'm not getting a page to load.
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain
Western Sahara Western Sahara

too depressed for words

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 04:27:46 am »

The link worked for me....

the "relaxation" hypnothingie was more reminiscent of a bad acid trip combined with an artillery barrage and the time I grabbed the lightning rod wire during a thunderstorm. Not particularly relaxing, nor conducive to any sort of "hypnotic state" .

going to the home page, however, produced a pleasant bluish rotating spheroid thingy.
still not calm, tho.

yhs
prof marvel

The world is in Hell and I am too depressed for words
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 04:54:39 am »

Still not loading for me.

Prof. Marvel, is the device/subject matter period to the Victorian/Edwardian eras? If it is, I'd like to try to have the thread moved out of "Off Topic".
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

too depressed for words

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 05:06:19 am »

Prof. Marvel, is the device/subject matter period to the Victorian/Edwardian eras? If it is, I'd like to try to have the thread moved out of "Off Topic".

My Dear GCCC -
it is only in the barest sense applicable to the era; and only due to the reference to hypnotism/mesmerism.
I fear it may make the heads of some individuals explode;
Thus I would think that "off topic" is actually appropo .

yhs
prof marvel
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 05:10:11 am »

Sorry, but no.  It stays here.

On the other threads, we've agreed to move them, but we're deciding whether to start a Historical main board, a Historical child board, or just throw them into the mix with Metaphysical (as there is a virtual infinity of historical threads already mixed in with Metaphysical...)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:13:23 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 05:16:11 am »

Based on Prof. Marvel's report (thank you, by the way), I agree. I would have come to the same conclusion had I been able to access the website myself.
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 08:35:09 pm »

@Prof Marvel: Sorry, the titles was meant to be a "wow,that escalated quickly" -type quip. Apparently, state of utter shock impair your comedic talent.
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

too depressed for words

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 05:54:49 am »

@Prof Marvel: Sorry, the titles was meant to be a "wow,that escalated quickly" -type quip. Apparently, state of utter shock impair your comedic talent.

Ah My Dear Chicar -
 I invariably enjoy your links, but this one did produce a state more appropos to bludgeoned into submission "stunned" rather than  :hypnotized:  ....

But please do not  take that personally, as I was never much of one for synthetic visual psychedelic displays -- they tend to give me a migraine :-)  - you can imagine that as a result I avoid live rock concerts!

my idea of hypnosis is achieved via more of a concentrated one-point-focus on a real-world object and I relax and "become one with it" - waiting for it to expand to fill my vision until a single stone for example becomes an entire mountain landscape....

On the other hand, I have always enjoyed live lightning and thunderstorms; I found them exciting and energizing ever since I was a mere sprat, and had to be dragged inside for my own good.

yhs
prof marvel
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 06:58:07 am »

On the other hand, I have always enjoyed live lightning and thunderstorms; I found them exciting and energizing ever since I was a mere sprat, and had to be dragged inside for my own good.

yhs
prof marvel
Should that be mere sprite Grin i too have always been fascinated by thunder storms and witnessed 4 strikes so far, one of which almost got me.

Back on topic.......Yep, reminded me of some acid trip gone wrong ( I was 18 and stupid.... 2 black microdots later, the world turned slightly weird Roll Eyes)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: