The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 18, 2022, 05:15:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: We're moving. Please bookmark brassgoggles.net in case of disruptions with our domain registration.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Exhibit - Bethlehem, PA  (Read 2207 times)
Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« on: April 15, 2015, 02:49:00 am »

Opening reception for a Steampunk Exhibition is April 30, 2015.  Lots of steampunk stuff at the Historic Bethlehem Museum in Bethlehem, PA.

April 30, 2015 6:00pm-8:00pm
 Join us and celebrate the exhibition openings of
Steampunk and Local Artist, Domenick Naccarato.
Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts
427 North New Street, Bethlehem, Pa 18018

WHERE VICTORIAN HISTORY
MEETS SCIENCE FICTION
MEMBERS: FREE | NON-MEMBERS: $15

Thursday
Wine & cheese will be served.
RSVP 610.882.0450 ext.10

HistoricBethlehem.org

PDF at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_sCPPm7rPAFdjdDSU1pNUd6TDA/view?usp=sharing

The exhibit will be there until the fall.

Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 05:31:49 pm »

Maets, will you be there for the opening? Or are you just posting a friendly reminder?

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!
Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:39:06 pm »

Maets, will you be there for the opening? Or are you just posting a friendly reminder?

I will be there at the opening!  Hoping some fellow Brass Gogglers will show as well at least check it out over the coming months.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 10:07:06 pm »

It is right in my area! I will hopefully see you!
Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 11:12:12 pm »

Great!  I look forward to meeting you!
Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 12:52:10 pm »

I have a bunch of my work at the show along with the work of several other steampunk artists.  I am looking forward to seeing the others work.

I will have some guns, two rocket packs, an iPod speak, two small airships and a big airship to name a few.
Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 05:05:57 pm »

The museum is doing a lot of advertising for the show.  My nephew who lives somewhat near Bethlehem heard about it, including hearing my name on the radio.  My sister just sent me this link about the show.
http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/arts/mc-steampunk-kemerer-museum-bethlehem-20150416-story.html

Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 01:55:26 pm »

Another article on the show.

http://www.discoverlehighvalley.com/members_pr/historic-bethlehem-museums-sites-is-pleased-to-present-steampunk-exhibit-at-the-kemerer-museum-of-decorator-arts-on-april-18-2015/

Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 01:56:52 pm »

http://historicbethlehem.org/event/members-reception-banner-steampunk/
Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 08:15:25 pm »

A little bump for anyone in the Bethlehem, PA area.  Opening night this Thursday, April 30.   Show runs into the fall.  Lots of stuff to see, my work is just a part of it.  I would be interested to hear from anyone who has attend or after they do attend.  Thanks.
Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 01:33:53 pm »

Official opening tonight 6 to 8 in Bethlehem, PA.  My first museum opening so I am rather excited.  I have been doing shows for 24 years, but this is different.  Wish me luck.  Thanks.
Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 05:51:37 pm »

More info on the exhibit.

http://historicbethlehem.org/collections/exhibits/steampunk/

Contributing Artists

Felix Eddy

Will Goddard

Heather E. Hutsell

Desirée Isphording

Ed Kidera

Milan Karlik Jr.

Ed Land

James Ng

David Sokosh

Karen Von Oppen
Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 05:59:00 pm »

They will also be having Steampunk Saturdays for the next few months.  Check out http://historicbethlehem.org/collections/exhibits/steampunk/steampunk-saturdays/

Steampunk Programs
In complement with our Steampunk exhibition, Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites will be holding a series of programs throughout the course of the exhibition. From learning how to fight like a gentleman to showing off your most elaborate Steampunk fashion, there will be programs for everyone to enjoy!

Programs:

April 30, 2015 – Member’s Reception Launch Party
Glide into the future on a 1880s airship to explore a world of romance and adventure. Meet the contributing artists of Steampunk and our new Local Artist in the Spotlight, Domenick Naccarato.

May 23, 2015 – Steampunk Cosplay Tea Party
Embrace your inner Mad Hatter and join us for an exquisite experience at the Steampunk Cosplay Tea Party. Tea will be served, as will a tea duel! Special guests Ann Covalt from Into the Myst and James Pierri of Auset Gypsy will be giving dowsing lessons and tea leaf readings. Come dressed in your Steampunk fashion! Party starts at 6 p.m. and ends at 8 p.m. Admission is free for HBMS members and $5 for the general public.

June 20, 2015 – Learn Bartitsu: the Gentleman’s Martial Art
Learn Bartitsu, the gentleman’s form of self-defense popular in Victorian London. Mark Donnelly is an expert in the fighting style used by literary hero Sherlock Holmes. Learn to use the world around you, from umbrellas to snuff boxes. This demonstration and lesson will link the realms of history and imagination.

July 18, 2015 – The Way to Egress Performance
While enjoying the sweetness of the annual Blueberry Festival, join us at the Blueberry Brewery tasting tent on Saturday afternoon to see a performance by This Way to the Egress, a band who describes their sound as “a colorful collision of ragged rock, skewed eastern European beats, ska, sultry tangos and other brands of unclassifiable musical mayhem.” Then, step over to the Steampunk Zone where Into the Mist will be doing tea and tarot readings. Visitors are encouraged to wear their Steampunk attire!

August 20, 2015 – Annual White Party & Steampunk Fashion Show
Join us for the 2nd annual White Party and Fashion Show featuring Steampunk, styled by RCMoore for the Unique Individual. Guests are encouraged to come wearing their own Steampunk fashion, and will have the chance to walk the runway to show off their creation; or, wear the traditional white attire!

September 12 – Art of Watch Making
Learn the anatomy of vintage pocket watch movements from Brooklyn’s finest, David Sokosh.  Immerse yourself in the theory of time as David demonstrates the ins and outs of watch making.

Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 09:26:13 pm »

Lots of fun last night.  Nice exhibit. I have a few pictures, if anyone is out there.
selectedgrub
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 09:40:05 pm »

Yes, The urban dictionary defines "out there"...

So extremely individualistic so as to appear mentally unstable

I am still here.
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 02:32:55 am »

And, at times, I am mentally unstable.
it's called 'creative'.

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 10:54:45 am »

That looks to be a very fine exhibition, and I must say your airships are immensely impressive in flotilla. I don't supppse there are any plans for a UK tour...?   Roll Eyes

More seriously, all the best for the remaining run; please do link the pictures.

Yours,
Miranda.
Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 02:34:04 am »

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/events/index.ssf/2015/04/historic_bethlehem_putting_ste.html
Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 06:15:05 am »

An impressive array.  Well done.
Maets
Hero of The Realm
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2015, 12:24:51 pm »

Thank you Miranda and Hez.

I had taken pictures with my phone, but they are not very good.  I am hoping to get a few from the museum.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: