The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 18, 2022, 05:58:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brass Goggles is not currently accepting donations. If you have set up an automatic donation at PayPal, please cancel it immediately, as the funds will no longer reach us.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch City Steampunk Festival -- Waltham, MA on Saturday, May 9th 2015  (Read 2860 times)
Firestone
Swab

United States United States

« on: February 12, 2015, 03:23:53 pm »

Waltham, MA's steampunk festival is returning this year!

Saturday May 9th will see a day of steampunk events in and around Waltham Common. There will be shows, vendors, talks, installations, and demonstrations on the steampunk theme.

If you are interested in getting involved, check out the website at WatchCityFestival.com!
Redranger90
Deck Hand

Steady as she goes!

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 03:24:13 am »

I'll be there!

The original Redneck Steampunk
breakinglight11
Deck Hand

Gravatar

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 06:21:09 pm »

It’s been in the works for quite a few weeks now, but I have received official confirmation! Mrs. Hawking will be seeing its next performance at the 2015 Watch City Steampunk Festival!

This Festival first happened in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2011, as a tribute to the city’s historical ties to the industrial revolution. This makes it the perfect venue to host a story like Mrs. Hawking’s, which embodies the steampunk sentiment in its action-adventure reinterpretation of the style and culture of the Victorian era. We’re so excited to present our show directly to fans of the genre, and we think it’s going to make an even bigger stir than it did at Arisia.

The Festival will be happening in and around Waltham Commons, spilling over onto Moody Street, and daytime admission will be free! It will be full of steampunk related events and exhibitions, including musical groups, dance shows, lectures, and craft demonstrations, in addition to our fabulous play. It’s also looking like we will have two performances over the course of the day, so you will have two free-of-charge opportunities to see us!

Most of our original cast will be returning, though sadly a few of our wonderful actors will not be joining us for this encore performance. We will be holding auditions for these roles, which include some major and some minor, on March 22nd and 23rd from 7PM to 9PM at the Watertown Public Library in the Raya Stern Trustees Room. If you are interested in auditioning, please send an email to mrshawkingweb@gmail.com to reserve your slot. Walk-ins are welcome, but we’d love to know you’re coming.

We’re hoping to top what we accomplished with our debut performance, in terms of audience reach and representation of our play. So if you’d love to help out in any way, your assistance is greatly appreciated. Here’s to the next step in the telling of the Mrs. Hawking story!

Mrs. Hawking by Phoebe Roberts will be performed on Saturday, May 9th at 2PM and 6PM as part of the 2015 Watch City Steampunk Festival.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:00:47 pm by breakinglight11 » Logged
Miss Indigo Darling
Officer

Adventuress

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 03:46:21 pm »

I'll be there!

"Of all the fishes in the sea, my favourite is the bass. He climbs up on the tall sea weed, and slides down on his hands and knees."
Firestone
Swab

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 04:16:06 pm »

We have closed our applications for performances at the Festival, which means we will have a list of the acts we've selected and a schedule of events very soon! Keep an eye on the Watch City Steampunk Festival website, and on this space, to see what we'll have going on!

The Watch City Steampunk Festival is New England's ONLY large-scale steampunk event, so don't miss us!
breakinglight11
Deck Hand

Gravatar

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 09:06:50 pm »

Mrs. Hawking, the new steampunk play, just sent in our press pack for advertising our upcoming performance at the Watch City Festival! If you want to get a quick overview of what the show's all about, or if you're interested in having materials for promotion on your website, check out our packet here!

These are free for distribution to anyone who cares to spread the word about us. Thanks! :-)

Mrs. Hawking by Phoebe Roberts will be performed on Saturday, May 9th at 2PM and 6PM as part of the 2015 Watch City Steampunk Festival.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:00:58 pm by breakinglight11 » Logged
Gunslinger67
Deck Hand

Guerrilla Machinist

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 03:27:37 am »

This sounds like it could be quite delightful , I may just have to point the zeppelin in Waltham's direction.

Thanks for the heads up  Cool

.....and the road becomes my bride .
Μολὼν λαβέ
Miss Indigo Darling
Officer

Adventuress

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 05:36:46 pm »

I'm really looking forward to  Mrs Hawking!
 Will you be needing any backstage assistance? Costume people? Set shufflers? Makeup?  I offer my services to you in that regard. My theatre experience is mainly musical, pit orchestra sort of thing. But I've been behind the scenes too, helping out with that which I mentioned.
Firestone
Swab

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 03:25:02 pm »

The Watch City Steampunk Festival is doing a film series leading up to the day at the Waltham Public Library! From the official Festival website:

"The series includes four films: Martin Scorsese’s Academy Award-winning Hugo, Barry Sonnenfeld’s Wild, Wild West starring Will Smith, Kevin Kline, and Salma Hayek, the 2004 animé film Steamboy with the voices of Anna Paquin, Patrick Stewart, and Alfred Molina, and last but not least, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea – the 1954 classic starring Kirk Douglas and James Mason, based on Jules Verne’s seminal 19th century novel considered by many to have created the science fiction literary genre.

The Waltham Public Library is located at 735 Main Street, Waltham, Massachusetts. The library has a small parking lot in the rear, but there is a lot of street parking in the area that is free after 5:00pm.

All films will be shown on Monday evenings in the Library’s Lecture Hall, located on the Ground Floor (lower level), and will begin at 6:30pm."

The schedule for the film festival can be found here.
Firestone
Swab

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 05:24:09 pm »

Many performers have been annouced at the all-new revamped Festival web site!

- The Athena School of Arms, recreators of historical European martial arts!

- Bruce Hesselbach, author of steampunk novel "Perpetual Motion"!

- Bruce Rosebaum, artist and the Steampunk Guru!

- Frenchy and the Punk, the folky, gothic, Steampunk musical group!

- Jennifer Elfrig, Victorian museum consultant and novelist!

- The King Serpent Variety Troupe, Steampunk variety performers!

And more to be announced soon!

Check out the performers page for more information!
breakinglight11
Deck Hand

Gravatar

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 03:10:05 pm »

To Miss Indigo Darling: Thank you so much, that's very cool of you!

We could use a makeup person, if you're still available. It would be great if you could meet sometime in the nearish future to talk and plan.

Send me an email at mrshawkingweb@gmail.com with your availability and we'll set something up!

Thank you again!
Miss Indigo Darling
Officer

Adventuress

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 05:39:35 pm »

Hello Breakinglight11,
I've responded via email, yes I'm still available!
Thank you so much, I look forward to this. Much fun!
Firestone
Swab

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 06:04:37 pm »

More performers are announced the Watch City Steampunk Festival website!

Eli August & the Abadoned Buildings - a stunning melody of Dark Americana, Chamber Rock and Gothic Folk.

The Pirate Crew of the Dead Rabbit

L.S. Kilroy - author of The Vitruvian Heir novel.

And more to come soon!
breakinglight11
Deck Hand

Gravatar

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 02:18:21 pm »

Considering attending our upcoming production of Mrs. Hawking at the Watch City Steampunk Festival? Curious for a sneak peek? Well, check out our offical 45-second theatrical trailer to get a glimpse of the play!

Many thanks to Bernie Gabin and Joe Gabin for putting this together! We hope to capture the high action, high intensity ride of our steampunk superhero story, so as to intrigue both fans of the genre and casual viewers alike. So if that looks exciting to you, please be sure to join us for our two performances this coming May!

Mrs. Hawking by Phoebe Roberts will be performed on Saturday, May 9th at 2PM and 6PM at the Center for Digital Arts at 274 Moody Street, Waltham as part of the 2015 Watch City Steampunk Festival.
breakinglight11
Deck Hand

Gravatar

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 10:54:31 pm »

The complete schedule of events is now available for the Watch City Steampunk Festival this May!

On Friday, May 8th, our opening ceremonies consist of two kickoff parties!

7-9PM - Around the Globe in 80 Days costuming party at Global Thrift Waltham

8-10PM - STEM to Steam - a Steampunk Artist's Salon art reception with light refreshments at the Center for Digital Arts.

And the full schedule of events on the day of, Saturday May 9th! There are plenty of arts, music, performances, and exhibits! This is going to be one fabulous day of steampunk!
Miss Indigo Darling
Officer

Adventuress

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 04:29:46 pm »

Oh this is going to be so much fun indeed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: