The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 19, 2019, 09:50:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the League of S.T.E.A.M. running out of Steam?  (Read 1444 times)
SPBrewer
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Sky Pirate Brewer

« on: January 29, 2015, 07:32:24 am »

I just watched the "League of S.T.E.A.M." 's latest video "It's Not Easy Being Green".  I feel that the League has lost much of the Steam it once had.  Aside from a pair of goggles, they barely have the Steampunk feel they once had.  Have they lost any members (aside from The R.O.S.E.)?
I truly mean this as constructive criticism.
Any input from anybody else?

The Sky Pirate
Captain of the "Queen Victoria's Revenge"

Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

So English even the English don't get it!

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:33:14 pm »

TBH Mr Brewer I haven't taken much notice of them for a while. At least it seems they genuinely did use their Kickstarter funds to make more videos (unlike some other folks I could mention but won't) I believe at least one of the members is still occasionally active on here. I would imagine it's not easy coming up with quality content regularly. Whether that means their hearts aren't in it any more, or they're just genuinely having a bit of a lull atm who can say?

As for members leaving, again don't know. I know they're partnered with Youtube now as their channel got pretty big, perhaps other paths have opened up that are commanding their attention. I spotted a few if not all of them in this promo video recently.

Savant - Kali 47 (Official Video)

Have her steamed and brought to my tent!
rose61
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 03:18:06 am »

This thread is dedicated to accidental steampunk song in no-steampunk movie, show, etc.
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 07:19:24 am »

Ummm...No.

The League of S.T.E.A.M. is (was?) a steampunk performance group. We're merely wondering what's happened. Kinda like really loving a band, buying all their music and going to all their shows, but as the members age and replacements are made...

If you're not familiar with them, check out their site:  http://leagueofsteam.com/#landingpage 
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 07:23:40 am »

Well, I hadn't been to their site in a while, myself, but they posted two new videos in June:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7KjXjqioUKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U6x3MU-b7dk

I haven't watched them yet, so I don't know if these are an improvement or not, but at least they're still going.

Ranger Reid
Zeppelin Captain

https://rangerreid.wordpress.com/

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 01:14:32 pm »

I am a recent devote to steam.  And when I found LOS I watched all the videos from the first to the most recent.

I enjoyed all of them.

I also messaged them on their Facebook page and found them witty, friendly, and seemingly still excited about their activities.

The quality and enthusiasm seems undiminished to me.

GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 05:29:09 pm »

Good to hear, Ranger Reid!
Baron von Fogel
Officer

LeagueOfSTEAM
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 12:12:26 am »

Hey guys, Andrew (aka Baron von Fogel) from the League of S.T.E.A.M. here -

I haven't been on this forum in quite some time but someone brought this thread to my attention and I thought I'd jump in to clarify some things.

We currently have 10 members, and yes, we've had a few members of the group leave over the years - Professor Jager and R.O.S.E. (they've since started a family and have a couple of wonderful kids!), JayAre, and The Russian.  No dramatic departures, just people wanting to pursue other personal and career goals.

We're concluding the third season of our web series (the final episode should be released in the next couple of weeks, with a musical special coming out in late Fall of this year).  In previous seasons, our formula was to highlight some kind of gadget in each episode, but going into the current season we made conscious decisions to focus more on telling stronger stories and to explore our characters and their relationships in greater detail.  Some of these stories involve a bunch of gadgets (we built a whole Steampunk laboratory set, and a big drilling machine!) while in other stories, gadgets would have felt out of place.  I feel confident that ALL of our stories this season are grounded in the Steampunk world we've built, regardless of the presence or absence of goggles and gadgets.  If that makes some episodes "less Steampunk" that's fine, as long as people are engaged in the stories we're telling.

We absolutely love Steampunk, and the Steampunk community is truly important to us.  If y'all have more questions about what we're up to, feel free to reach out - we're generally pretty accessible and we love hearing from you guys! (find us @leagueofsteam on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)

Check out my site at: www.andrewfogel.com

Follow the League of STEAM on Twitter: www.twitter.com/LeagueOfSTEAM
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 04:16:31 am »

Thanks for the update, and welcome back!

There are quite a few of us who consider the League to be one of our touchstones, and its collapse would have been devastating to morale.

So again, thanks for the reassurance, and do continue being excellent!
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 10:25:21 am »

You see this is one thing I do love about brass goggles. If rumours are spreading, the horses mouth is but one post away.
It has the necessary history required to address both prince and commoner, artisan and shameless consumer as equals.

Thereby acting as a nexus where minor misunderstandings might be suitably hammered out.

GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 02:45:25 pm »

You should re-post that comment over on the thread "Calling all Brass Goggles of old?" with an explanation of what prompted your comment. They need to hear it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: