The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 21, 2019, 06:43:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My mom recently started making steampunk-inspired jewelry.  (Read 870 times)
missbdesigns
« on: January 03, 2015, 07:14:26 pm »

My mom is a stained glass/jewelry artist who recently started making steampunk-inspired jewelry. 
She's made about 100 pieces so far, and would love to hear from you if you like her work, or would like to own some. 

Here's a link to a photo album with contact information: http://imgur.com/a/v4H2W

Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 07:34:13 pm »

They look great.  I love the inclusion of the coin.
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 07:45:37 pm »

Interesting, do you have links to her regular jewelry?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
steelhips
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 02:45:54 pm »

There are some really lovely pieces there.  It's a tough market to break into - some would say saturated but tell her to keep going.  Does she have an etsy store?  That's what most of the makers in SP do.

Interesting, do you have links to her regular jewelry?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hey Drew! I only have two reservations about our genre.  One is the destruction of typewriters just for the keys and the other is the destruction of works of art in their original form - the pocketwatch.  I'm not saying your Mum is doing that missbdesigns.  But, unfortunately, there have been SP artists that have disassembled first, ask questions later.  Or cry very expensive tears later.
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 01:28:04 pm »

Yes, that is how I feel, also.
creagmor
Zeppelin Captain
South Africa South Africa

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 05:06:49 pm »

Great work. best wishes in her endeavour. Just remember every new venture will take twice as long, and cost twice as much as the original estimates.  

“Love is an emotional thing, and whatever is emotional is opposed to that cold true reason which I place above all things.” Sherlock Holmes, in The Sign of Four.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: