The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 09, 2021, 08:43:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone had a good Xmas / [insert festive event] day?  (Read 763 times)
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: December 26, 2014, 05:54:45 am »

Mine was pretty good, got some cool prezzie stuff too. I was stuffed with food, champagne, and a couple glasses of absinth. spent several hours staring off into the flames of the wood burning stove, occasionally distracted by various conversations. I just got back to my house!

Really enjoyed it.  Grin

Need SLEEP!  I'm doing it all again tonight with a few friends coming over to my place...  Cheesy

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 06:59:42 am »

This Xmas and related Eve, I spent it alone  Sad  However I decided to prepare food proper for the occasion, and so I made a salt-crusted Rib Eye/Scotch Fillet/Entrecôte Roast (2.7 lbs - small portion) and I improvised with hand-mashed potatoes and an Alfredo/Roast Tomato/Chorizo/White Wine sauce.  Actually really good.  I splurged at $30 for beef, sauce, wine and potatoes, but I have leftovers good for several days

The recipe for rib roast is exceedingly simple, just make a crust with a bit of oil rubbed on the meat and an ungodly amount of salt and pepper (1 cup coarse or Kosher or sea salt and 1/3 cup of mixed red white and black pepper for every 5 lbs of meat). Cure overnight before baking. The sauce is up to you.  It could simply be a horseradish based sauce.  Broil uncovered for 30 minutes on the highest setting to burn the salt on top, and then bake on medium heat (325F) 35 minutes for every pound of meat.  An internal temperature of 140 degrees implies Medium Rare (pink).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 07:02:56 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 08:04:20 am »

It is  nearing the end of Boxing day here in the Antipodes.   I spent it watching It Came from Beneath the Sea  on my new DVD player. I am watching  DR Who Christmas Special on my old TV and I might watch  Holy Grail  later because Xmas viewing is diabolical  this year.

Yesterday I watched Wizards, a wonderful post apocalypse cartoon .
Inflatable Friend
Zeppelin Admiral
Italy Italy

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 11:19:30 am »

Spent Christmas with the Italian side of the family, the result was obscene amounts of food, swearing at traffic, laughing at the antics of children, fearing for the sanity of our upcoming baby and having an all round jolly festive period.

Still a little conflicted though, I'll be honest that my personal preference is to be alone on Christmas Day, preferably somewhere fairly out of the way and unbothered by people or technology.
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 04:33:04 pm »

We had a Christmas of quality presents rather than quantity. I made both of the boys and my husband quilts, my mom got everyone new kindle fires and that was about it other than stocking stuffers. We had roast duck, mashed potatoes, and an amazing cheesecake for dessert. Then later we watched the Dr. Who Christmas special. It was a good holiday.

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 06:09:14 pm »

Spent Christmas day with Scarface and Al Ziemer

Between us all, the mad, the disabled, and the incompetant, we managed to muddle together a very good Christmas dinner.

Spent the rest of the day watching them both fast asleep, snoring, dribbling, etc, listening to Classic FM.

Hey ho, duty calls an' all that, all in all, a good day spent with my Mum and Dad.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 07:04:20 pm by SeVeNeVeS » Logged

Rory B Esq BSc
Snr. Officer

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 06:31:25 pm »

Venison in Shiaz sauce, quiet (needed that after 'mad Friday' Steampunk meet up ... 2 revolutionaries and 2 coppers).

Me and my 'mad moggie'. eat when I want to, sleep it off when I want to, Sorted!
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 12:51:22 am »

nope..
i used to get furious sbout it too , but now I just dont care . Besides how much can incurable bed ridden person have , or what hope or change ?

There is no gift for that ( sry santa  Grin ) and no one on this planet I'd trust to give it without taking x10 back ( they all f u over in the end - right ...... ? )

God Bless humans.. there could be worse , but even David Icke knows the reptilians aren't that bad ; it's just us that's the damm problem and always has been.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 01:57:58 am by 4_0_4 » Logged

" You can lose every battle except that last " Sir Malcolm , Penny Dreadful
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 02:00:14 am »

And remeber BOB loves you ...... every last one of you .... and even Chicar  Cool

Sub Genius Commercial
Maxwell Grantly
Deck Hand

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 07:00:03 pm »

Jokingly, I explain that "I survived it" when people ask.

Actually, I spent the holidays with various friends and family - the time seemed to pass so quickly.

Here's wishing you all a very Happy New Year!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 02:08:05 am »

Been jamming and performing all over the place.

Gonna spend time with immediate family over New Years, partly because I really want to and have felt guilty that they can't come see me (largely because of medical concerns). Also partly because my own meds are giving me fits (I think a bratwurst is slightly in disagreement with my appetite suppressant Cheesy Cry).

All in all a Damn Fine Holiday so far!

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: