The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 15, 2019, 07:12:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dive Bars ; Older & Seedier the Better : Where are the best ones ??  (Read 4531 times)
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 01:01:26 am »

I have never got the baseball/ trucker cap thing in pubs .  They detract from the character and ambiance.   Older images of outback pubs in books an T V shows  have a certain swagger

They can't all be slouch hats.

Well, they have brassieres too,  apparently... (5th picture upwards from this post) .   Roll Eyes

Grin

Thee lingerie I can get my head around -.   in some establishments they may lend ambiance . I can even imagine them being  trophies surrendered  after a lost game of pool. [ or lost and found in the car park]

But baseball caps are just plain ugly  and have no decorative value
chironex
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

The typing jellyfish monster

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 01:55:56 pm »

Those are outback pubs, and so outback people, eg. truckies, will be there. Some of their crap may join the crap stuck all over the walls.

Try a Mad Cow Tavern franchise. They also have crap all over the walls and a dingy alcoholism-worshipping atmosphere, possibly due to the one in Townsville having actually been a Victorian-era pub (the Commercial Hotel), although it is now like a pub in the same way that a palliative care ward is like a retirement village. I cannot, for unknown reasons, find any terribly good pics of the interior, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BzlPQsoG78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpQ-IMD4ncg
It looks far dingier in the cold light of day (such as makes it in there) when you can see all the crap, the low level of care for the wood, hear the chitin crunch beneath your feet, and have to take 3 cash registers covered in congealed brown sludge back to the workshop, one of which may have had its cash drawer slammed shut on the power cable.

Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we wins we wins and if we dies we dies fightin' so it don't count as beat. Even if we runs away it means we can always come back for anuvver go, see!

QUEENSLAND RAIL NOT FOR SALE!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: