The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 22, 2019, 01:25:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SLAB CITY ; Salton Sea - Steampunk or no?  (Read 4856 times)
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2015, 02:15:05 am »

The Accidental Sea

A short video about the Salton Sea; possibly my favorite video on youtube and IIRC made by the author of 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'.

Thanks for that. It is an interesting subject.  I will check on  the peculiar children later.
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 06:30:41 am »

This video popped up on YouTube  while following  a fellow Gogglers  tip on Hawkwind music. One thing led to another. It's  a man's visit to the Salton Sea

https://youtu.be/wCYcSbCR6z4
Synistor 303
Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2018, 08:42:29 am »

I agree.  In spirit perhaps compatible, but not until you populate it with inhabitants of a Steampunk version of Mad Max.

Mad Maximilian: Beyond Crystal Dome (1885)

*Lady Entity*
"Gentlemen:  you know the rules.  Two chaps enter, one chap leaves."

Not much makes me laugh out loud, but that did...
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2018, 09:21:54 am »

I agree.  In spirit perhaps compatible, but not until you populate it with inhabitants of a Steampunk version of Mad Max.

Mad Maximilian: Beyond Crystal Dome (1885)

*Lady Entity*
"Gentlemen:  you know the rules.  Two chaps enter, one chap leaves."

Not much makes me laugh out loud, but that did...

Hack each other apart in civil fashion. The winners will retire for tea and Devonshire scones
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2018, 10:23:16 pm »

I was out that way, visited Slab city for a day in mid February. They have salvation mountain, and the slightly lesser know outdoor art gallery made from salvaged and reclaimed materials in 'East Jesus', so named because it's so remote you travel until you find Jesus and then you have to head a bit further east before you find it (or that's the story they told me).

But I also found some nice graffiti gallery space done on two cement round walls of a bit forming a third point in the triangle of salvation mountain, and east Jesus. It's not on any maps or guides of the slabs or salton sea area.

Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2018, 01:03:44 am »

Roving, its reassuring go know it hadn't been tidied up. One day I would like to visit the place and see it in all its faded glory
Melrose
Gunner
Australia Australia

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2018, 08:02:45 am »

There's a documentary going around, "A Day in Slab City", by the Vice network. In Australia it can be picked up via SBS On Demand.
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2018, 06:13:49 am »

There's a documentary going around, "A Day in Slab City", by the Vice network. In Australia it can be picked up via SBS On Demand.

With luck it may turn up here in NZ.  I shall watch out for it
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: