The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 17, 2021, 10:24:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself (Mk. III)  (Read 114043 times)
John Zybourne
Deck Hand
United States United States

« Reply #600 on: December 29, 2020, 02:50:00 am »

Thank you all for the warm introduction! SeVeNeVeS, may I ask what you enjoy building? I should have something worth posting in a few weeks! Admiral Wilhelm, one cannot have Galvanism without Magnetism!

Thank you again for the warm welcome,
John Zybourne
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #601 on: December 29, 2020, 08:24:58 am »

Thank you all for the warm introduction! SeVeNeVeS, may I ask what you enjoy building? I should have something worth posting in a few weeks! Admiral Wilhelm, one cannot have Galvanism without Magnetism!

Thank you again for the warm welcome,
John Zybourne
I mainly make one hellova mess, but anything really, I try to use other peoples unwanted wood, alot of copper pipe, I've done a couple of heating radiators.
All I make is part of the big plan to try and make my home look slightly different, but also fit the Steampunk aesthetic.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 08:32:44 am by SeVeNeVeS » Logged

Deimos
Snr. Officer

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #602 on: December 29, 2020, 03:53:59 pm »

Hello all! I'm a long time lurker, but have finally decided to set down roots and make the necessary introductions! I'm a tinkerer who likes making electronical objects and housing them in shellacked wood and brass, so steampunk has always been a bit of an aesthetic inspiration. Anyhow, I'm glad to be here and look forward to the conversations and inspiration.
Cheers,
 John Zybourne

Welcome aboard, John.
Would be very interested in seeing your projects, especially the electronical ones.
I worked in [aerospace] "electronicals" for 34 years.
And now (being retired) I, too, work in wood and brass and copper and [occasionally] aluminium and steel.
Currently have about six projects going. 

Here is a test to find out if your mission in life is complete:
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Lauren Bacall

"You can tell a man's vices by his friends, his virtues by his enemies."

"Only the paranoid survive."
John Zybourne
Deck Hand

« Reply #603 on: December 30, 2020, 05:30:29 am »

Thank you for the welcome Deimos! If I may ask, what are those six projects? SeVeNeVeS, do you have any photos of this steampunk radiator?
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #604 on: December 30, 2020, 07:40:43 am »

Thank you for the welcome Deimos! If I may ask, what are those six projects? SeVeNeVeS, do you have any photos of this steampunk radiator?

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43798.0.html
Deimos
Snr. Officer

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #605 on: December 30, 2020, 08:39:45 am »

Two nixie tube clocks....one to be a gift and one for myself. Since I've never done one before I thought I would build one for myself in tandem (and in stages) with the one that is the gift; i.e.  do some thing with mine, and if that works out, do it on the "gift" one. If it doesn't work out, I only have to modify mine. This is still very early stages.

In fact all but two of my projects are early to mid stage. I do 90% of my woodworking at an [ongoing] class offered by the local community college. But we got shut down mid semester last spring (you already know the reason) and then this past fall semester didn't happen at all. So all woodworking has been put on hold . And most of my projects incorporate wood.

So 4 the others are part of a bigger project, which is steampunking my computer (except for the tower... I have a desktop...and the tower is hidden out of sight).
I did  the keyboard first back in 2018 (which is in the Tactile forum Captain Nemo's Keyboard) and was about a third of the way through the monitor when my WW class got shut down.

Two of the embellishments for the monitor turned out to be too big, so I am incorporating them into bookends (they will light up). But now I have to re-do those embellishment for the monitor, but scaled down a bit.

Am about 3/4 of the way through a "Switching Box"  (I call it the "Eigenflux Plasma Controller") which lights up and has moving parts, but I need to cut a few pieces of wood for the some internal structural support, so that is on hold.

Got some brass and other embellishments , and "dead mouse" from Goodwill, and took it apart to start planning how to do the mouse. That  will be a challenge.

Am finishing up the steampunking of a USB connector... that should be ready in a couple of weeks  (lots of tiny parts on that, also a challenge).

And lastly I decided to steampunk my wastebasket.... but that will be a lot of wood (with embellishments and lights).... so the wood cutting for that will be this semester, which as far as I know, is a still a "go".  I've drawn it up (wood-wise)  and have the stuff I want to attach to it, just haven't laid it out as to what goes where.
And it won't look like a wastebasket. You won't even know it's a wastebasket.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 07:49:24 pm by Deimos » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: