The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 28, 2020, 08:55:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself (Mk. III)  (Read 100900 times)
Deimos
Snr. Officer
United States United States

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #575 on: August 29, 2020, 10:53:39 pm »

Welcome Epi...very much looking forward to seeing your "Tactile" post  Cheesy

Here is a test to find out if your mission in life is complete:
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Lauren Bacall

"You can tell a man's vices by his friends, his virtues by his enemies."

"Only the paranoid survive."
Yeknod
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #576 on: September 05, 2020, 09:26:58 pm »

Hi all , i'm very much new to the steampunk world and only found out about it after one of my piece work was compared to the steampunk world.
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #577 on: September 05, 2020, 09:34:37 pm »

Welcome to Brass Goggles, Yeknod. Would you be willing to share your work with us?

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #578 on: September 06, 2020, 06:45:02 am »

Hi all , i'm very much new to the steampunk world and only found out about it after one of my piece work was compared to the steampunk world.
welcome aboard, I too would like to see your work, if willing to share.

Deimos
Snr. Officer

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #579 on: September 06, 2020, 07:10:22 am »

Welcome Yeknod (donkey spelled backwards?).... I am also keen to see your work.
Losshluz
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #580 on: September 26, 2020, 12:10:22 am »

Hello splendid Folk,

I am Brazilian/British, currently living in London. I work as a translator and a history/heritage activity assistant at sites such as the Tower of London, Kensington Palace, where Queen Victoria was born and Hampton Court Palace, amongst others. I enjoy attending the Whitby Goth/Steampunk Festival in the North of England and nightclub Slimelight cut from the same kind of cloth.

I am busy translating into English the work of a Brazilian University Professor, who in his spare time writes stories of Braziliana Steampunk. A short series is currently showing at Amazon Prime in Brazil. I shall keep you informed when it is released in the US and the UK.

Would you kindly show me how to post a profile portrait? I have tried including one here but it is not showing up. Are we allowed to post links and pictures?

Best wishes of a splendid weekend to all.
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #581 on: September 26, 2020, 02:13:00 am »

Hello, Losshluz, and welcome.

A short primer on adding a profile picture may be found in the Engine Room, at Guidelines for changing your avatar.

You may absolutely post links and images. To post an image, you need to find somewhere else to host it (such as imgur or imageshack) and then post a link to it using [img] tags or the button. More information may be found in the Engine room. As a courtesy to those with low-bandwidth connections, please place very large or multiple images behind [spoiler] tags, using the button.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #582 on: September 26, 2020, 05:15:53 am »

Hello, Losshluz, and welcome.

A short primer on adding a profile picture may be found in the Engine Room, at Guidelines for changing your avatar.

You may absolutely post links and images. To post an image, you need to find somewhere else to host it (such as imgur or imageshack) and then post a link to it using [img] tags or the button. More information may be found in the Engine room. As a courtesy to those with low-bandwidth connections, please place very large or multiple images behind [spoiler] tags, using the button.

Welcome again! And also I will add that you can embed pictures from your Twitter account if you can isolate the url for the picture with your web browser. The url to the picture will look something like this:

Code:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/MyPicture?format=jpg&name=large

Or in the old format

Code:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/My Picture.jpg

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: