The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 13, 2020, 03:22:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself (Mk. III)  (Read 97974 times)
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #550 on: June 04, 2019, 09:10:54 pm »

im buckshot
Welcome, buckshot. Tell us a bit about yourself. What inspired your interest in Steampunk?

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Bad Luck Belle
Deck Hand
United States United States

Belle Sparks, AB aboard the Asylum

« Reply #551 on: December 04, 2019, 03:37:56 pm »

Hello, ladies and gents!

My name is not Belinda but it very nearly was, and that is what I'll be going by in this forum. Call me Belle! Smiley What with school and other struggles I likely won't be around very often, but I am excited to have found this place.

Looking forward to meeting and getting to know all of you!

"It simply isn't an adventure worth telling if there aren't any dragons." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #552 on: December 04, 2019, 06:43:37 pm »

Hello, ladies and gents!

My name is not Belinda but it very nearly was, and that is what I'll be going by in this forum. Call me Belle! Smiley What with school and other struggles I likely won't be around very often, but I am excited to have found this place.

A very warm welcome to the forum, \Belle - I do so hope you enjoy your time here  Smiley.

Yours,
Miranda.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon Machinery (they/them)

« Reply #553 on: December 09, 2019, 12:26:57 am »

Hello, ladies and gents!

Most welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy your stay!

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #554 on: February 20, 2020, 06:07:06 am »

What what but it's been far too long there, chaps! I have returned! After ten long years of traveling and adventuring, I come back to you with tales of cults, crackpots, and skullduggery.

Having traveled widely throughout these United States, I have once again settled in my native land of Virginia with a loving companion, as well as two rather rambunctious familiars who enjoy terrorizing my entire airship crew.

Alas, but the world out there can be a frightful place, and I missed you lot more than I can put to words. I am not quite as full of gusto and energy as I once was, and I realize now that the book of faces has drained more than its fair share of my creativity and wit. So I have returned and wish to reconnect with the glorious gentlefolk nerds that I once called my own.  Wink

I hope you are all well, and I will see you in the aetherverse as our collective adventures continue.

Most Sincerely,

The Hat

"Yes, ban people, the way of the future!" -Captain Minty Gearhertz
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #555 on: February 20, 2020, 01:27:43 pm »

Welcome back, sir! We look forward to hearing of your adventures.
Southern Yankee
Swab

« Reply #556 on: April 04, 2020, 02:10:14 pm »

Hi everyone, I'm Josh. I grew up in New England but now live in the southeastern U.S.

I've only recently become aware of Steampunk as a concept; though apparrently all my favorite books and video games are wrought with Steampunk themes. I'm currently enjoying my way through "The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack" and siding with the Natives in Greedfall haha.

Professionally I'm an historian focusing on 19th century western military history, so I've been really enjoying the "yeah but what if" and "the past that could have been" nature of Steampunk.

Anyway, thanks for having me. I look forward to exploring this remarkable genre with all of you!
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #557 on: April 04, 2020, 03:55:05 pm »

Welcome Josh, in somewhat troubled times.

Please dig in on all topics, we are a friendly bunch, but some here are a little......... umm....weird Grin

Good to have ya on board Wink
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:59:37 pm by SeVeNeVeS » Logged

Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #558 on: April 04, 2020, 05:27:04 pm »

A little weird? Why I've never been so insulted in all my life ... I'm not a little weird, I prefer to be known as very weird  Wink

Welcome Josh.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Deimos
Snr. Officer

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #559 on: April 04, 2020, 07:05:14 pm »

Welcome aboard Josh....and if this group were normal I wouldn't have bothered joining it. Grin

Here is a test to find out if your mission in life is complete:
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Lauren Bacall

"You can tell a man's vices by his friends, his virtues by his enemies."

"Only the paranoid survive."
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #560 on: April 04, 2020, 09:46:36 pm »

Hi everyone, I'm Josh. I grew up in New England but now live in the southeastern U.S.

I've only recently become aware of Steampunk as a concept; though apparrently all my favorite books and video games are wrought with Steampunk themes. I'm currently enjoying my way through "The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack" and siding with the Natives in Greedfall haha.

Professionally I'm an historian focusing on 19th century western military history, so I've been really enjoying the "yeah but what if" and "the past that could have been" nature of Steampunk.

Anyway, thanks for having me. I look forward to exploring this remarkable genre with all of you!

Hello South Yankee! Welcome aboard. And as others have said we don't do "normal" very well here. I think you're not the only Southwest aficionado in the forum, nor the only historian, professional, amateur or otherwise, and history is par for the course in Steampunk. Please feel free to explore and ask for further information..

Cheers

J. Wilhelm

Southern Yankee
Swab

« Reply #561 on: April 04, 2020, 10:12:03 pm »

[quote author=J. Wilhelm

Hello South Yankee! Welcome aboard. And as others have said we don't do "normal" very well here. I think you're not the only Southwest aficionado in the forum, nor the only historian, professional, amateur or otherwise, and history is par for the course in Steampunk. Please feel free to explore and ask for further information..

Cheers

J. Wilhelm
[/quote]

Thank you all, and fear not, for I have weirdness aplenty haha.
Deimos
Snr. Officer

« Reply #562 on: April 18, 2020, 08:05:02 am »

OK, so this is not really an introduction because I've been participating for almost 2 years, but I didn't know where else to put it.....

I got a promotion!!!! Am now a Senior Officer!    Oh my!...
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #563 on: April 18, 2020, 09:27:49 am »

OK, so this is not really an introduction because I've been participating for almost 2 years, but I didn't know where else to put it.....

I got a promotion!!!! Am now a Senior Officer!    Oh my!...
Welcome aboard Senior Officer Deimos  Grin
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Deimos
Snr. Officer

« Reply #564 on: April 18, 2020, 09:41:22 am »

omg SeVeNeVeS, that is great! Too  funny! Thank you and.... "Carry on!"  

Edit:  Oh, wait.....I'm still junior to you, so I guess I can't tell you to "carry on".  
So.... "Belay that order Mr SeVeNeVeS!"  Grin  
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 09:47:21 am by Deimos » Logged
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #565 on: April 19, 2020, 09:05:08 am »

Belated greetings to you, Josh Southern Yankee!

As an amareur historian of the late 18th and early to mid 19th century west of the Mississippi ,
Perhaps we can pick each others brains, nicht wahr ?

Yhs
Prof marvel

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
Thaddeus Rawdon
Swab

« Reply #566 on: June 01, 2020, 11:15:04 am »

What ho fellow forummers! By way of an introduction, my name is Thaddeus (although Thaddeus is not my name) and I am a steampunk fan of many years gone by! It is indeed a great thing to be in the company of like minded folk, and I am grateful to have been accepted as a member of this fine online community. As a great man (myself) once said: 'It is only by doing these unremarkable things that we find confidence to do other remarkable things' and by jove was I right! Signing up for a forum is unremarkable both in and of itself...but when you find such remarkable people, content and ideas as are contained within these pages then you know that the company bestowed upon oneself is great company indeed. So, without further delay, I must dash off to peruse this forum and see what is what. Tally ho!!

(My name is Simon, I live in Norfolk U.K, love all things steampunk and have a blog. Thanks for having me!)
Deimos
Snr. Officer

« Reply #567 on: June 01, 2020, 11:47:01 am »

Welcome aboard, Thaddeus.
That is a remarkable self intro.  Smiley
I'm certain that with great celerity you will become a remarkable Brassgoggles "forum-ite".  Grin

Thaddeus Rawdon
Swab

« Reply #568 on: June 01, 2020, 01:28:06 pm »

Welcome aboard, Thaddeus.
That is a remarkable self intro.  Smiley
I'm certain that with great celerity you will become a remarkable Brassgoggles "forum-ite".  Grin

Thankyou!

Thaddeus is someone I created purely as a steampunk character...an outrageous, brash and bold adventurer/inventor...who I found easy to morph into when the need arises, but who is also vastly different to myself. I thought it would be a good idea to introduce him first!
Mackrel Sixsmith
Swab

« Reply #569 on: June 11, 2020, 09:52:01 pm »

My real name is Mike and I am new to the forum. I have always loved the Steampunk look and art, but have only recently become more seriously interested in it.
I am an aspiring writer in the UK and looking to write a Steampunk themed story so would like to talk to people about ideas, suggestions and details I can take on and include.
For a number of years now I have been a huge HP Lovecraft fan, and use his influences in my stories. However, I want to see and know Steampunk in its entirety.
I would very much like to start corresponding with people via email as well as on here.
Thanks very much!

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #570 on: June 12, 2020, 11:03:56 pm »

My real name is Mike and I am new to the forum. I have always loved the Steampunk look and art, but have only recently become more seriously interested in it.
I am an aspiring writer in the UK and looking to write a Steampunk themed story so would like to talk to people about ideas, suggestions and details I can take on and include.
For a number of years now I have been a huge HP Lovecraft fan, and use his influences in my stories. However, I want to see and know Steampunk in its entirety.
I would very much like to start corresponding with people via email as well as on here.
Thanks very much!

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Sixsmith! We do have a number of aspiring writers in the forum including yours truly (although I don’t know exactly when one ceases to be "aspiring;" in my experience I am always writing something, but I just never seem to make the time to put it all together. I think a better term is "disorganised writer."

This is one of the oldest fora that you can find, and there's only one way to go about it, and that means just read the material and interact with us. Don't be afraid to pull old threads. Some of our best material seems to resurrect from the dead quite often, and thanks to the instructions left in the dark texts of the late Abdul Al Hazrad (erroneously referred to as Abdul Alhazred), though many pictures may be missing from old threads, because of the sudden death of some image servers over the years.

Att.

Adm. J. Wilhelm
USAS Orca
NEB
Swab

New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #571 on: July 19, 2020, 03:13:14 am »

Hello good steam people. Great to join such an august crowd. I am NEB, shorthand for NEB Inskip and my alter ego is Tropple E Armitage a steampunk era correspondent who writes the  steampunk column 'The Weekly Steamswaddle,'  that you can find a spoken word version of on my NEB Inskip YouTube channel, (along with my poetic musings). There is also a short spoken word backgrounder on Tropple called, Tropple E Armitage  - His Story.  I usually post new content every couple of weeks, so please subscribe if you want to keep up to date. I have also just finished 'The Brum Meister'
An adventure romance, which should be out later this year and am working on the sequel, 'The Trade Meister.' (amongst a hundred other projects  Smiley ).
Very excited to be here and to meet fellow travellers. Steam on forever!

nebinskip.com

No steam or gas drives anything until it is confined.
Harry Emerson Fosdick
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #572 on: July 19, 2020, 07:45:38 am »

Welcome NEB (or would we be fools to call you Mr T.E.A.). I hope you enjoy your time in our company, as we contemplate the finer (and oily and hatted) points of steampunk in all its forms, including written, musical, practical and philosophical.

Sorontar

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: