The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 24, 2019, 05:14:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself (Mk. III)  (Read 57066 times)
Smiltstomb
Swab

United States United States

« Reply #500 on: March 25, 2018, 06:49:10 am »

Hello, I'm Steve.  I'm attempting to learn about this fascinating steampunk ness.  I keep seeing tidbits of and wondering just how one gets more involved.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #501 on: March 25, 2018, 07:03:06 am »

Hello everybody,

I used to wear the grandad shirts and waistcoats back in the mid-eighties wandering around Greenwich when I was a spring chicken albeit without the top hat and goggles. Thirty years later I find myself wandering around Comic Con Birmingham and on a whim bought myself top hat and goggles and hey presto instant Steampunk... I think the grey beard and slight beer gut may have added to the effect, but the swan/ugly duckling transformation was complete...

For a living I make varnishes, lacquers and veneers and in my spare time I take pictures then destroy them to create new digital works of art.

- "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." (The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul)

Welcome Mr. Catchpole! Steampunk is the only subculture where you look better the older you get!  Grin The best part about it is that you get to share the subculture with all the generations. You will find virtually any age starting from teenager and upwards represented in Steampunk.

Adm. J. Wilhelm
United States Airship Orca

J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #502 on: March 25, 2018, 07:12:21 am »

Hello, I'm Steve.  I'm attempting to learn about this fascinating steampunk ness.  I keep seeing tidbits of and wondering just how one gets more involved.

Then Mr. Smiltstomb walk in! All you have to do is to peruse these halls and ask away, until you have imbibed the subculture. Beyond that, there is no magic pill to accelerate your induction, outside of attending local events featuring our Steampunk brethren, and perhaps learning how to make, write or dress!

Make sure to hand your coat and hat to the monkey butler. Breakfast will be served at 9 sharp!

I remain AYS,

Adm. Johannes Wilhelm  a/k/a  Lt. Gen. Julin Wodinaz Bahlmann
Crimson blue
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Adventurer

« Reply #503 on: March 28, 2018, 08:17:03 pm »

Greetings everyone,

I decided to join this forum as I have quite a keen interest in the steampunk aesthetic.
I have always had an interest in goggles not necessarily always steampunk ones as I like other sorts as well as well as the ability to fly. Also it fascinates me how people in the past percieved the future in a different sort of way.

When at london comic con a couple years back I saw the interesting steampunk things on display and I did also buy some steampunk goggles too.

Otherwise I am also interested in a variety of other subjects as well and very keen to learn new stuff.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #504 on: March 29, 2018, 01:01:32 am »

Greetings everyone,

I decided to join this forum as I have quite a keen interest in the steampunk aesthetic.
I have always had an interest in goggles not necessarily always steampunk ones as I like other sorts as well as well as the ability to fly. Also it fascinates me how people in the past percieved the future in a different sort of way.

When at london comic con a couple years back I saw the interesting steampunk things on display and I did also buy some steampunk goggles too.

Otherwise I am also interested in a variety of other subjects as well and very keen to learn new stuff.

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Blue! Learn you will while at this forum. Flying is something very close to my heart as well. Circumstances have prevented me from exercising my college education on the subject, but while I'm still alive, and ther is still hope I plan to go back to the Aeronautical Industry. I have carried my love of aeronautics into my Steampunk hobby as well! For a less Steampunk snd straight aeronautical thread head to the Meta Clubs section where I host the Guild of Icarus. Otherwise follow my madness in the forum...

Adm. Johannes Wilhelm

a/k/a

Lt. Gen. Julin Wodinaz Bahlmann
US Airship Corps of Engineers
Moriarty_Viccar
Swab

« Reply #505 on: April 05, 2018, 04:05:28 pm »

Hello,
I'm Matt but write for my magazine Steampunk Journal under the pen name Moriarty Viccar.
It's a play on the term "More Tea Vicar" but I have to explain it more than people get it, so I think it might be too tenuous.. Smiley
Or maybe I'm ahead of my time...? Tongue
Helena G. Wells
Deck Hand
France France

« Reply #506 on: April 26, 2018, 10:23:21 am »

Hello, Grin

I'm Helena G. Wells, 47 years old

I'm french and my english isn't very good, I apologise...

I love steampunk, in cinema, and costuming...

I'd like wearing steampunk clothings every day, so i'm looking for ideas...

I'm french, my english isn't good, sorry...
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #507 on: April 26, 2018, 10:49:06 am »

Hello, Grin

Dear Ms Wells, welcome to the forum! No need for apologies! You've come to the right place for ideas! You chose a great name, by the way! Feel free to look at the threads we have here!

At your service,
Adm. J. Wilhelm
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #508 on: April 26, 2018, 12:26:19 pm »

Hello, Grin

Welcome to the forums! looking forward to see your creations Smiley

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #509 on: April 26, 2018, 01:12:34 pm »

Afternoon Miss Wells, hope you'll a lovely time here.  Grin

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #510 on: April 26, 2018, 04:01:12 pm »

family of yours, Mercury?
Helena G. Wells
Deck Hand
France France

« Reply #511 on: April 26, 2018, 04:34:29 pm »

Hello, Grin

Dear Ms Wells, welcome to the forum! No need for apologies! You've come to the right place for ideas! You chose a great name, by the way! Feel free to look at the threads we have here!

At your service,
Adm. J. Wilhelm

thank you J. Wilhelm !  Smiley
Helena G. Wells
Deck Hand
France France

« Reply #512 on: April 26, 2018, 04:35:17 pm »

family of yours, Mercury?

Grin Grin Grin
annevpreussen
Gunner

Captain Annemarie of the Eagle's Arrow Airship

« Reply #513 on: May 02, 2018, 04:55:16 am »

Oh, many new people! Welcome, everyone! Cheesy

I wear goggles so you can't see when I'm staring at you.
M. P. Ferret
Swab

« Reply #514 on: May 12, 2018, 11:03:01 am »

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, M. P. Ferret here (I fare from lovely France, so it's the French pronunciation of "Ferret". Absolutely nothing to do with an animal I may own and/or idolise). Some of you may know me as Mélissa or The Green Ferret.

Amateur detective and palaeontologist, I'm a full time artist (no I didn't get that the wrong way around). I started making my own costumes and props years ago as part of medieval reenactment, but after attending a few Comic Cons when I moved to the UK I've been turned to steampunk.
As mentioned earlier I have a slight ferret obsession, as well as serious dinosaur geekiness and bad pun syndrome.

I live in sunny tropical Penge in South London, a bit far from most of you lovely Northerners, but I'm always happy to hop on a train to join the madness.  Wink

Pardon my French.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #515 on: May 16, 2018, 09:20:58 am »

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, M. P. Ferret here (I fare from lovely France, so it's the French pronunciation of "Ferret". Absolutely nothing to do with an animal I may own and/or idolise). Some of you may know me as Mélissa or The Green Ferret.

Amateur detective and palaeontologist, I'm a full time artist (no I didn't get that the wrong way around). I started making my own costumes and props years ago as part of medieval reenactment, but after attending a few Comic Cons when I moved to the UK I've been turned to steampunk.
As mentioned earlier I have a slight ferret obsession, as well as serious dinosaur geekiness and bad pun syndrome.

I live in sunny tropical Penge in South London, a bit far from most of you lovely Northerners, but I'm always happy to hop on a train to join the madness.  Wink

Welcome! I hope you will enjoy your time here!
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #516 on: May 16, 2018, 10:58:37 am »

Welcome EVERYONE! I hope you'll have a lovely time here in this forum, I know I have.

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #517 on: May 18, 2018, 07:26:47 am »

Hello,
I'm Matt but write for my magazine Steampunk Journal under the pen name Moriarty Viccar.
It's a play on the term "More Tea Vicar" but I have to explain it more than people get it, so I think it might be too tenuous.. Smiley
Or maybe I'm ahead of my time...? Tongue

Oh I do love clever puns
kstar22
Swab

« Reply #518 on: May 25, 2018, 05:10:06 pm »

Hey there, new in town, anyone care to show me around? Tongue
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #519 on: May 25, 2018, 06:41:51 pm »

A very warm welcome to the forum - I do hope you have a very pleasant stay here. If there's anything you'd like to know about the forum or the wider world of Steampunk please do ask away, as everyone is very friendly here. Well, apart from the ones locked away in the Dungeon Dimensions, but as I remember they are only let out when there's an eclipse happening on a solstice that falls on Friday the 13th...  Cheesy

Yours,
Miranda.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 09:41:16 am by Miranda.T » Logged
Cmdr. Storm
Officer

« Reply #520 on: May 27, 2018, 07:16:17 am »

Welcome,Please have a Look around & Don't Be Afraid to Message Anyone even if Just to talk,OK?
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #521 on: May 30, 2018, 08:02:56 pm »

Hello and welcome; feel free to look around and join in anything that interests you.  I hope you'll soon feel at home here.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Karloff1962
Swab

« Reply #522 on: June 03, 2018, 02:29:57 pm »

Hi My name is Andy, I guess i was a steampunk fan before the word was even coined as I grew up with a lot of stuff that is now widely recognised as steampunk. I was also writing the stuff when I was a kid, never really knowing it was a thing. I have continued to write in the genre for some time now. I am by trade a musician, although I have been many things in fact my background is very much like a pulp or steampunk character! I was quite ignorant of all the dressing up and events etc, until I was informed by a bass player friend of mine that all this stuff goes on! to this end I have decided to get involved myself by getting myself a costume and building a character. My son is also interested although he comes from a more Japanese approach as he is very much into the Japanese Animé cartoons. We thought that these events( and of course comicons) would be ideal places where we could both go and share our interests. I am looking forward to hopefully meeting new people and making new friends with similar interests.
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #523 on: June 03, 2018, 02:38:57 pm »

Hi My name is Andy, I guess i was a steampunk fan before the word was even coined as I grew up with a lot of stuff that is now widely recognised as steampunk. I was also writing the stuff when I was a kid, never really knowing it was a thing. I have continued to write in the genre for some time now. I am by trade a musician, although I have been many things in fact my background is very much like a pulp or steampunk character! I was quite ignorant of all the dressing up and events etc, until I was informed by a bass player friend of mine that all this stuff goes on! to this end I have decided to get involved myself by getting myself a costume and building a character. My son is also interested although he comes from a more Japanese approach as he is very much into the Japanese Animé cartoons. We thought that these events( and of course comicons) would be ideal places where we could both go and share our interests. I am looking forward to hopefully meeting new people and making new friends with similar interests.

I think many of us were involved in individual pursuits before discovering the general term of Steampunk.

Welcome aboard! please share any creations or thoughts, It's a big, but friendly place.

Take your time to look around and get a feel for the place.

Captain Steele Tear
Deck Hand

of the Airship "Skeleton Blue"

« Reply #524 on: June 04, 2018, 05:07:14 am »

Hello all, my name is Captain Steele Tear. I suppose I have been a lurker, as I've heard it called, having been visiting here for years and never making an account. So I shall present an account, of myself.
   My love affair with Steampunk began quite unexpectedly out of necessity. More than three years ago my wife and I, with our two young daughters, bought a small farm in the hills of Kentucky, seemed a good idea at the time, but winter came and with it the terrible realization that our very old house was incredibly drafty. Drafty is a nice word, more like: "who left the door open!? ... oh, it's still closed". Needless to say I had to find a way to keep my family warm. So, I bought a wood burning stove, not a very good one mind you, it was better than the open fireplace, however it burned wood too quickly being fairly old and drafty itself. It got to the point that I was chopping down trees this morning to burn tonight; it was bad. Naturally I did what anyone would do in that situation; I bought a ton of coal. While I do not suggest anyone attempt burning coal in a wood stove, I made it work and it kept us warm.
   I honestly didn't think my neighbors would get as upset as they did, apparently not everyone loves the smell of burning coal like I do, this is Kentucky, after all, I thought it would be fine, but it did explain why I had to drive an hour away to find someone who still sells coal to the private citizen.
   Steampunk was always that thing I would see here and there and love it but, didn't know what it was called. Once I started researching how to build a steam engine for the farm,  I found it. It was like: "That's it! Steampunk is its name!". And I haven't looked back since.

Happy ocular transference.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: