The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 30, 2017, 06:53:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blog is temporarily offline. See this tweet, follow @brasstech for updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself (Mk. III)  (Read 22186 times)
Cmdr. Storm
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #350 on: November 18, 2016, 08:09:40 am »

Welcome,i was just on your Site, Very Cool & Well Organized Wink Hope to see more of Your Interesting Stuff!
Skip
Swab

Full steam ahead!

« Reply #351 on: November 18, 2016, 03:18:29 pm »

Greetings and salutations,

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Skip Lipman (rn) and I am a storyteller, prop & costume maker. My joys are my family and creating fun and interesting works.

I am a filmmaker, and have a new steampunk project that I will detail further in Aural-Ocular.

Just wanted to pop in and say, Cheerio!

Telling stories of light, hope, and redemption in an ever darkening world.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #352 on: November 18, 2016, 08:30:55 pm »

Hello! My name is Tina, also known as Auntie Tina.  I recently started blogging and making videos on vintage and antique things.  My last post was on decorative compacts.  Who knew these clever little things had so many hidden compartments?  They reminded me of the gadgets in a the Steampunk novels I read, which led me to wonder how I could combine my interest.  So far, I haven't been able to make many connections, but so much of what I have researched finds its origins in the 1800's industrial age.  I am open to ideas and suggestions!  Meanwhile, I'm going to soak up all the wonderful information on this site and see if it can spark my creativity!
I would love for you to visit my site and leave some comments (polite ones are most appreciated!)
www.auntietinasantiques.com

Many thanks for the pointer to your site. The article on compacts was fascinating - why aren't they made like that anymore, elegant but with a surfeit of practical compartments? I was forced to make my own (http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43842.msg933770.html#msg933770).

Oh, and a warm welcome to the forum! Skip too - best of luck with getting your film together.

Yours,
Miranda.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:32:36 pm by Miranda.T » Logged
Quinn Ó Luain
« Reply #353 on: November 24, 2016, 04:16:00 am »

Greeting, my esteemed ladies and gentlemen! 

I go by Quinn, and I came across this gathering of like-minded individuals by chance during a search for inspiration for my various projects.  I have long lurked on the edges of the steampunk communities, marveling from afar all of the wonderful things that have been created, and I finally decided to jump in and partake of it in earnest.  I won't lie, I still have so much to learn about all of the influences that created this genre, but I've never passed on an opportunity to broaden my horizons and expand my knowledge!

Sewing, knitting/crocheting/weaving, writing, and drawing are all my biggest interest currently, and in the two former I intend to share my progress with.  In fact, I've been restoring a more modern (1969) flatbed knitting machine, and have plans to modify it aesthetically to resemble something that could have existed in the Victorian Era (the very first knitting machine ever was invented in 1589, in fact).  I'm also keenly interested in combining Victorian fashion with tradition Viking and Celtic designs, so expect to see that from me as well!

In the interest of not running at the mouth...er, keyboard, I will leave it here.  I hope to make a good impression here, and help others in their endeavors whenever I can as well!

Sincerely, Quinn
Prof. Cecily
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

« Reply #354 on: November 24, 2016, 05:10:47 pm »

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen.
Welcome aboard, Skip and Quinn.

If you haven't seen it yet, Quinn, this book could prove most helpful in your designs
http://store.doverpublications.com/0486229238.html

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily
SteamPunkArtist
Swab

« Reply #355 on: December 01, 2016, 06:00:10 pm »

Greetings. Just thought I'd say hi.

I have always loved Sci-fi and fantasy stuff and have liked steampunk since I first heard/saw it.
Also love the Victorian aesthetic and style 

I am an artist and paint all the normal stuff but I'm prone to doing the occasional steampunk drawing and art too!

Gentleman Artist
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #356 on: January 03, 2017, 03:58:56 pm »

Greetings. Just thought I'd say hi.

I have always loved Sci-fi and fantasy stuff and have liked steampunk since I first heard/saw it.
Also love the Victorian aesthetic and style 

I am an artist and paint all the normal stuff but I'm prone to doing the occasional steampunk drawing and art too!

Hello and welcome to brass goggles! Sorry for this ridiculously late welcome, but i hope you enjoy your stay! Can we see some of your work?

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #357 on: January 18, 2017, 02:22:11 am »

In the words of Mushu from Mulan, "I LIIIIIIIIIIVVVVEEEEEE".

It has been about a year since I have been on the forum, and felt it appropriate to reintroduce myself.

I am Captain Retep Madasa of the Airship Icarus, and I am a lover of steampunk an a frequenter of its events and demonstrations.

Glad to be back!

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!
Colonel Hawthorne
Snr. Officer
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #358 on: January 18, 2017, 04:22:11 am »

Welcome back, sir.

Should your username now be Steampunk Returns?

Colonel Sir Julius Hawthorne
H.M. Air Privateers (Retd.)

http://capitalsteampunknz.org

Whatever did we do before retro-futurism?
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #359 on: January 18, 2017, 09:41:56 pm »

In the words of Mushu from Mulan, "I LIIIIIIIIIIVVVVEEEEEE".

It has been about a year since I have been on the forum, and felt it appropriate to reintroduce myself.

I am Captain Retep Madasa of the Airship Icarus, and I am a lover of steampunk an a frequenter of its events and demonstrations.

Glad to be back!

Glad to see you back!
Anita Reyes
Deck Hand
Mexico Mexico

« Reply #360 on: January 22, 2017, 12:09:14 am »

Greetings fellows inhabitants of somewhere in time.

I've join this forum a few days ago so first of all please to meet you and join you!
My name is Señorita Ana Rosa Reyes Gutiérrez, para servirles (to serve you).
Hope we get along!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:14:03 am by Anita Reyes » Logged

"Guerra guerra en el monte en el valle, los cañones horrisonos truenen y sus ecos sonoros resuenen con las voces de unión, libertad!"
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #361 on: January 26, 2017, 12:48:53 am »

Greetings fellows inhabitants of somewhere in time.

I've join this forum a few days ago so first of all please to meet you and join you!
My name is Señorita Ana Rosa Reyes Gutiérrez, para servirles (to serve you).
Hope we get along!

Hola and welcome to brass goggles forums! I hope you will enjoy your stay. Looking forward to see moreof you!
MoonlitRain
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #362 on: February 04, 2017, 09:17:32 pm »

*snaps out a smart salute* Greetings fellow voyagers of steam! I am MoonlitRain but I respond to Moon, Lit, Train or Rain as well as the occasional "What ho!" I am newly initiated to the ways of steam so please don't haze me too much Tongue I am a lover of story telling, all things mechanical and some swash as well as a bit of buckle.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #363 on: February 05, 2017, 01:49:14 am »

Moon, a little swash and a bit of buckle will get you a long way - welcome Grin
Dhraevin
Deck Hand

« Reply #364 on: February 18, 2017, 04:36:49 pm »

Hello I am Jerry. I am looking for people to give me insight into SteamPunk. I love the whole aesthetic it creates. I am in school and hoping to create a series of games involving the idea of SteamPunk. Any and all input is appreciated. I have a thread started for this particular purpose
annevpreussen
Gunner

Captain Annemarie of the Eagle's Arrow Airship

« Reply #365 on: February 19, 2017, 10:48:59 pm »

*snaps out a smart salute* Greetings fellow voyagers of steam! I am MoonlitRain but I respond to Moon, Lit, Train or Rain as well as the occasional "What ho!" I am newly initiated to the ways of steam so please don't haze me too much Tongue I am a lover of story telling, all things mechanical and some swash as well as a bit of buckle.

Welcome, Moon! I'm kind of new here too, and I haven't experienced any hazing so far-- quite the opposite; everyone's been friendly and wonderfully helpful! Hope you enjoy your time here  Cheesy

Hello I am Jerry. I am looking for people to give me insight into SteamPunk. I love the whole aesthetic it creates. I am in school and hoping to create a series of games involving the idea of SteamPunk. Any and all input is appreciated. I have a thread started for this particular purpose

Hi, Jerry, and welcome! I'm also madly in love with the beautiful style of steampunk. Good luck with your game! I would love a few more steamy games in the world!

"I've always had a soft spot for androids."
Dhraevin
Deck Hand

« Reply #366 on: February 21, 2017, 05:48:40 am »

Thanks for the welcome
Lylaray
Swab

« Reply #367 on: March 02, 2017, 09:37:41 pm »

Hi
I'm not sure how to work sites like this or anything.
Long story short I'm in collage doing a project and the theme we have been given is steampunk.
I enjoy the style but to really do it justice I'm trying to get a i site past the commercial side and see what it's all really about. Could anybody be kind enough to help me with this please.

Lyla
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #368 on: March 02, 2017, 10:30:17 pm »

Hello, Layla.

You've come to the right place. We have over a decade of discussion on all of the many aspects of Steampunk. Have a good look around, and then if you need anything clarified, or if you wish to share your conclusions with us, please join in the discussion. You'll find us a generally friendly, courteous and helpful group.

Warmest regards,
Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Lylaray
Swab

« Reply #369 on: March 03, 2017, 11:49:58 am »

Am I correct in thinking that steam punk is a lifestyle as in If you choose to embody it all then its taking the charms of the past as in the simplistic life and mixing them with a ideal future. As in we don't need the modern things and the way the world is going isn't great (my opinion) so with steampunk. It takes the good of the past alters them with the charms of the old macanical things. And politely with old morals rebels against modern ethics?

Sorry if I offend I'm trying to get my head around it.
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #370 on: March 03, 2017, 12:13:43 pm »

Am I correct in thinking that steam punk is a lifestyle as in If you choose to embody it all then its taking the charms of the past as in the simplistic life and mixing them with a ideal future. As in we don't need the modern things and the way the world is going isn't great (my opinion) so with steampunk. It takes the good of the past alters them with the charms of the old macanical things. And politely with old morals rebels against modern ethics?

No offence taken, first of all a warm welcome to our little world.

Could I suggest if you have a bucket load of questions, maybe start a new thread.

I've been into Steampunk for years now, and to be honest, I still hav'nt a clue how to define this beast that consumes me into words..... To me, it's kinda like riding a motorbike at high speed, you can't explain or decribe the feeling but somehow you just know it's right, gets the old blood flowing and just puts a big grin on your face.

Not much help for your college project, I know..........  Over to much wiser folk than myself..........

Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #371 on: March 03, 2017, 04:30:02 pm »

No offence taken, first of all a warm welcome to our little world.

Could I suggest if you have a bucket load of questions, maybe start a new thread.

I've been into Steampunk for years now, and to be honest, I still hav'nt a clue how to define this beast that consumes me into words..... To me, it's kinda like riding a motorbike at high speed, you can't explain or decribe the feeling but somehow you just know it's right, gets the old blood flowing and just puts a big grin on your face.

Not much help for your college project, I know..........  Over to much wiser folk than myself..........

aka...not me. if you have made your thread already, excuse me I should head off there. I think steampunk can be a lot of things. A subculture not in the least. Like Punk the "lifestyle" steampunks might indeed find the modern world dissatisfying. I myself am mainly here not because I do not like technological advancement (agrees the fact that I am on the internet at the moment), but more because I sometimes think the world is a bit boring. steampunk fixes that. makes a more fantastic world image into something closer. I also just like to look fancy.
and that's a big group of people as well, that are just here because they like the clothing, like to make things, or just like our sci-fi background.
AdventureDepot
Deck Hand
Sweden Sweden

Tinkerer

« Reply #372 on: March 08, 2017, 11:04:32 pm »

*Opens the door to my tinkerer's workshop and waves to the fancy hats on the street outside* Hi!

I am a simple man here at AdventureDepot, and I craft with brass, leather, wood, light and clay in Sweden.

I work every day with steampunk for many years now. I have potentially great volumes to contribute to the general steampunk community. I am not all that good at actually taking pictures and saving everything I make. We will see how much I will upload and where and how frequently. I live in isolation most of the time and i like it so. Forum activity can come and go in waves over the years, and I am far from unique in that regard.

My steam punk life is focused around the subculture's aesthetic and crafting related elements. I love and work in several aspects with all kinds of styles within that, the pirate, the explorer, the captain, the aristocrat, the scientist and mainly the mechanic.

Some of you might see me as part of the common rabble for merely pretending to be aristocrat among you, and you are sure right, but once I do pretend you would never know, as with all the other times before today.

Today I solved a way to store dense Aether for travel, also made yet another common filament lamp.

Thus I love all kinds of physical steampunk design.
I am not versed with steampunk in most other areas such as text or music.

I dream about one day living in a non functional, landed air ship. I don't imagine this will ever come to pass since I lack the money and the wood working skills to make the dream come true. But hell, would not a life sized airship in the shape of a villa be an amazing sight?*

AdventureDepot
Deck Hand
Sweden Sweden

Tinkerer

« Reply #373 on: March 08, 2017, 11:09:56 pm »

Oh, and also a photo, might be a better introduction to add such with it.

Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #374 on: March 09, 2017, 03:16:58 pm »

Heya, AdventureDepot. I trust you will find Inspiration, likeminded people and maybe even friends at BG! I hope to see a lot more of you on this forum.
also, that picture is amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: