The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 22, 2017, 01:36:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blog is temporarily offline. See this tweet, follow @brasstech for updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself (Mk. III)  (Read 18879 times)
Cmdr. Storm
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #350 on: November 18, 2016, 08:09:40 am »

Welcome,i was just on your Site, Very Cool & Well Organized Wink Hope to see more of Your Interesting Stuff!
Skip
Swab

Full steam ahead!

« Reply #351 on: November 18, 2016, 03:18:29 pm »

Greetings and salutations,

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Skip Lipman (rn) and I am a storyteller, prop & costume maker. My joys are my family and creating fun and interesting works.

I am a filmmaker, and have a new steampunk project that I will detail further in Aural-Ocular.

Just wanted to pop in and say, Cheerio!

Telling stories of light, hope, and redemption in an ever darkening world.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #352 on: November 18, 2016, 08:30:55 pm »

Hello! My name is Tina, also known as Auntie Tina.  I recently started blogging and making videos on vintage and antique things.  My last post was on decorative compacts.  Who knew these clever little things had so many hidden compartments?  They reminded me of the gadgets in a the Steampunk novels I read, which led me to wonder how I could combine my interest.  So far, I haven't been able to make many connections, but so much of what I have researched finds its origins in the 1800's industrial age.  I am open to ideas and suggestions!  Meanwhile, I'm going to soak up all the wonderful information on this site and see if it can spark my creativity!
I would love for you to visit my site and leave some comments (polite ones are most appreciated!)
www.auntietinasantiques.com

Many thanks for the pointer to your site. The article on compacts was fascinating - why aren't they made like that anymore, elegant but with a surfeit of practical compartments? I was forced to make my own (http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43842.msg933770.html#msg933770).

Oh, and a warm welcome to the forum! Skip too - best of luck with getting your film together.

Yours,
Miranda.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:32:36 pm by Miranda.T » Logged
Quinn Ó Luain
« Reply #353 on: November 24, 2016, 04:16:00 am »

Greeting, my esteemed ladies and gentlemen! 

I go by Quinn, and I came across this gathering of like-minded individuals by chance during a search for inspiration for my various projects.  I have long lurked on the edges of the steampunk communities, marveling from afar all of the wonderful things that have been created, and I finally decided to jump in and partake of it in earnest.  I won't lie, I still have so much to learn about all of the influences that created this genre, but I've never passed on an opportunity to broaden my horizons and expand my knowledge!

Sewing, knitting/crocheting/weaving, writing, and drawing are all my biggest interest currently, and in the two former I intend to share my progress with.  In fact, I've been restoring a more modern (1969) flatbed knitting machine, and have plans to modify it aesthetically to resemble something that could have existed in the Victorian Era (the very first knitting machine ever was invented in 1589, in fact).  I'm also keenly interested in combining Victorian fashion with tradition Viking and Celtic designs, so expect to see that from me as well!

In the interest of not running at the mouth...er, keyboard, I will leave it here.  I hope to make a good impression here, and help others in their endeavors whenever I can as well!

Sincerely, Quinn
Prof. Cecily
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

« Reply #354 on: November 24, 2016, 05:10:47 pm »

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen.
Welcome aboard, Skip and Quinn.

If you haven't seen it yet, Quinn, this book could prove most helpful in your designs
http://store.doverpublications.com/0486229238.html

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily
SteamPunkArtist
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #355 on: December 01, 2016, 06:00:10 pm »

Greetings. Just thought I'd say hi.

I have always loved Sci-fi and fantasy stuff and have liked steampunk since I first heard/saw it.
Also love the Victorian aesthetic and style 

I am an artist and paint all the normal stuff but I'm prone to doing the occasional steampunk drawing and art too!

Gentleman Artist
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #356 on: January 03, 2017, 03:58:56 pm »

Greetings. Just thought I'd say hi.

I have always loved Sci-fi and fantasy stuff and have liked steampunk since I first heard/saw it.
Also love the Victorian aesthetic and style 

I am an artist and paint all the normal stuff but I'm prone to doing the occasional steampunk drawing and art too!

Hello and welcome to brass goggles! Sorry for this ridiculously late welcome, but i hope you enjoy your stay! Can we see some of your work?

I could be a Scientologist, just as a hobbyist
and start a cult that's turning people into sheep
~the real Mackenzies
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #357 on: January 18, 2017, 02:22:11 am »

In the words of Mushu from Mulan, "I LIIIIIIIIIIVVVVEEEEEE".

It has been about a year since I have been on the forum, and felt it appropriate to reintroduce myself.

I am Captain Retep Madasa of the Airship Icarus, and I am a lover of steampunk an a frequenter of its events and demonstrations.

Glad to be back!

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!
Colonel Hawthorne
Snr. Officer
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #358 on: January 18, 2017, 04:22:11 am »

Welcome back, sir.

Should your username now be Steampunk Returns?

Colonel Sir Julius Hawthorne
H.M. Air Privateers (Retd.)

http://capitalsteampunknz.org

Whatever did we do before retro-futurism?
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #359 on: January 18, 2017, 09:41:56 pm »

In the words of Mushu from Mulan, "I LIIIIIIIIIIVVVVEEEEEE".

It has been about a year since I have been on the forum, and felt it appropriate to reintroduce myself.

I am Captain Retep Madasa of the Airship Icarus, and I am a lover of steampunk an a frequenter of its events and demonstrations.

Glad to be back!

Glad to see you back!
Anita Reyes
Deck Hand
Mexico Mexico

« Reply #360 on: Today at 12:09:14 am »

Greetings fellows inhabitants of somewhere in time.

I've join this forum a few days ago so first of all please to meet you and join you!
My name is Señorita Ana Rosa Reyes Gutiérrez, para servirles (to serve you).
Hope we get along!
« Last Edit: Today at 12:14:03 am by Anita Reyes » Logged

"Guerra guerra en el monte en el valle, los cañones horrisonos truenen y sus ecos sonoros resuenen con las voces de unión, libertad!"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: