Author Topic: Introduce yourself (Mk. III)  (Read 165967 times)

Lady_Lockharte

• Deck Hand
Wishing star
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2015, 12:44:52 am »
Hello all,

My name is Miranda. I'm a 31 y/o and I have a job that isn't worth mentioning. I'm an aspiring writer working towards finishing and publishing my first novel. This might seem a bit pessimistic, but I don't see myself doing much with my life outside of pursuing authorship. I suppose the story I am working on would vaguely fit within the realm of steampunk, although I'm not all too familiar with the "boundaries" of the genre. I am pleasantly surprised to find that the steampunk community seems teeming with fellow writers. As a personal style, I must admit I am more 'goth' than steampunk. Although, I do have a bowler hat I often wear with my ensemble. I do not cosplay, I just go out in my own style on a regular basis. It is something that regularly turns heads.
However, I am not joining up to promote myself. I am interested to learn more about the steampunk genre, and the literary elements that are involved with it. I am not sure how applicable it may be on this site, but I have also heard of another offshoot branch called "Dieselpunk" that seems very interesting to me as well.

bodaciouscreed

• Swab
Re: Introduce yourself (Mk. III)
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2015, 06:13:34 am »
Howdy everyone!

I'm Jonathan Fesmire, a steampunk writer (and artist), currently working on my fist steampunk novel. (Not my first novel, but first in this genre.) It's called Bodacious Creed: a Steampunk Zombie Western. You can learn more about it on my site, http://jonfesmire.com/.

In my blog, The Mostly Steampunk Blog, I interview a variety of people in the steampunk community, feature related art, and talk about the writing process. http://www.jonfesmire.com/#!blog/c1bqk

I'm a copywriter at my day job, and live near Disneyland, which is pretty sweet. I'm also a single father with an amazing 7-year-old son who loves Minecraft and technology.

Moneaky

• Deck Hand
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2015, 11:05:13 pm »
Spent many a year on the Runnersworld UK forums, and through that got involved in all kinds of shenanigans- triathlon, ironman, ultra triathlon. With a rather abrupt retirement during a deca (not worth asking, the answer will be long as is the way of these ultra type events). Was instrumental in the forming of the Pirates (somewhere between a cult ironman group and bunch of buffoons).
Trained in Theatre costume making in the late 80's- 1980's to clarify for the time travellers amongst you.
Love putting those cutting skills into practice during idle moments making my own steampunk outfits.
 Was a "normal"punk? Standard punk? waaaay back so this is a natural mash up of my interests.

I could go on and on and on, and do usually.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:07:00 pm by Moneaky »

SirWinkles

• Deck Hand
    • The Ironarium
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2015, 04:43:56 pm »
Hi Everyone!

Hailing from Annapolis MD area. Glad to be a part of the group! 

Regards,
Sir Reginald Winkles
-------------------------------------
Founding Ironarium Artist

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Ironarium
https://www.facebook.com/Ironarium
-----------------------------------------------
Distinguished Handcrafted Wares - Functional Steampunk Art

Warmest Regards,
Sir Reginald Wickles
Proud Gentleman of Leisure

Jobasha

• Deck Hand
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2015, 05:42:23 pm »
Hello I am here in my capacity as a magician and tarot reader. I make props for magicians and have worked putting on recreations of Victorian séances. I am working on creating a steam punked theme piece of magical theatre and want to have a browse of the tactile section here for ideas.
Almost no one dances sober unless insane.
H.P. Lovecraft

J. Wilhelm

• ╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
  • Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple
    • NASA Dude
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2015, 06:55:34 pm »
Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the forum!  Please follow our monkey butler to the atrium! Refreshments will be provided.

clockwork_lilith

• Gunner
  • Jewellery Design
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2015, 12:12:49 am »
Hello! I'm Back ;)
It's actually been a few years since I stopped visiting this forum and indulging in steampunk loveliness. I thought I'd pop over and say hell, once again.

Much love darlings x

ewoudo

• Gunner
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2015, 06:51:36 am »
Hi,  I'm ewoud and 34 yrs old , from holland.
Just recently came in to contact with steampunk, and fell in love :)
I'm not very handy crafting things. and the most prestige thing i ever made was a paper plane i guess..

But now i have kids and i discovered i like to build things (not on a high level but getting there)

from cardboard an foam..

Hope to learn a lot of new things here!

Caledonian

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Caledon MacHinery (they/them)
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2015, 06:59:19 am »
Welcome back, lillith. I am sure you'll meet up with old friends soon :)

En, welkom, Ewoud! Ik hoop dat je reis door de wereld van steampunk een goede zal zijn.
(En in het vervolg I'll be talking English to you )
Passion is like a Peatfire

Cora Courcelle

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2015, 08:59:54 pm »
Greetings to you all. My name is Cora and I have been interested in steampunk for a few years now, having first come across the whole, wonderful concept through an acquaintance who visited WGW and told me about 'all these non-goths who dressed up like Victorians - and some of them are as old as you ...'   Ah, thought I, just my cup of tea!
So here I am, late 50's and enjoying dressing up again. I like to make my own costumes and will happily spend hours fiddling about with anything that does not involve housework. I know very little about computers so please forgive any errors I make in protocol or technology (left to myself I still write with a fountain pen) but I am really delighted to be here.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Emile

• Officer
Hello....
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2015, 10:11:44 pm »
....my name's Emile.

DrIrritation

• Swab
    • Facebook Site
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2015, 10:48:37 pm »
Eric Stott of Albany NY here, I cosplay as Doctor Irritation & am very much enjoying it. Outfit consists of a vintage bowler, corroded Wilson Goggles,  a howie style lab coat (which I made myself) white leather gauntlet gloves (soiled) and black lineman boots. AND of course, a bushy beard. I put this together for the Enchanted City Steampunk Fair in Troy NY- there was supposed to be a plotline involving evil inventors throwing over the rule of Queen Mab- I was supposed to snatch the crown from her head- but at the last minute it was tossed out the window, so I spent the day slinking around the street with paper bags full of candy, leering at the crowds & hissing "Fairy Droppings.....or Evil Mints..... CHOOSE ONE!"

For some reason it was a hit, and I'm now Doctor Irritation - the Evil Mints guy
Evil Mints- CHOOSE NOW!

Caledonian

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2015, 06:29:35 am »
Welcome all^^
I expect the welcome comité to arrive soon but till that point you'll have to deal with me.

GCCC

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2015, 06:44:24 am »
Welcome all^^
I expect the welcome comité to arrive soon but till that point you'll have to deal with me.

DUN DUN DUUUUN!!! (Dramatic Sound Effect)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cphNpqKpKc4
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:01:20 pm by GCCC »

Cora Courcelle

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2015, 04:42:45 pm »
Eric Stott of Albany NY here, I cosplay as Doctor Irritation & am very much enjoying it. Outfit consists of a vintage bowler, corroded Wilson Goggles,  a howie style lab coat (which I made myself) white leather gauntlet gloves (soiled) and black lineman boots. AND of course, a bushy beard. I put this together for the Enchanted City Steampunk Fair in Troy NY- there was supposed to be a plotline involving evil inventors throwing over the rule of Queen Mab- I was supposed to snatch the crown from her head- but at the last minute it was tossed out the window, so I spent the day slinking around the street with paper bags full of candy, leering at the crowds & hissing "Fairy Droppings.....or Evil Mints..... CHOOSE ONE!"

For some reason it was a hit, and I'm now Doctor Irritation - the Evil Mints guy
I would ask what the gloves are soiled with but perhaps, on reflection, I don't! want to know!

Miss.Adilie Bucket-Glass

• Swab
  • Budding steampunk
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2015, 10:25:26 pm »
Hello! My name is Addie and I love reading horror stories. I enjoy Professor Elemental and Mr.B The Gentleman Rhymer. My TV show tastes include Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, and Torchwood. It would be lovely to expand my steampunk collection as I only have a couple of things. I'm currently still stuck in my education but I'm DIY-ing a pair of high heels that I have recently come into possession of. Feel free to say Hi and maybe introduce yourself as your steampunk character (if you have one.)
-Loves
         Addie

(note: everything in this reply is the truth except for my name for obvious reasons.)
-Love
       Addie

Saros

• Deck Hand
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2015, 01:03:47 am »
Greeting everyone

My wife and I have just attended our first Steampunk event and needless to say it was wonderful. It was held at the Strasburg Railroad in Strasburg, PA USA Oct 16th-18th 2015.
We have been lurking for some time on the forums and thought it was time to join up. :-)

Saros :-)

artistpaul

• Swab
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2015, 05:08:52 am »
Hi and thank you for accepting me to your wonderful forum! My name is Paul, I live in South Wales, UK I paint, draw and make things. I will post a few pics as soon as I have settled in and made a cup of tea.

Caledonian

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2015, 12:52:34 pm »
Welcome addie, paul and salos.
We look forward to seeing your posts!

ravensrod

• Deck Hand
« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2015, 01:28:27 pm »
Greetings all, I'm Dave, a mature hippy/biker still rebelling and refusing to grow up in spite of my bus pass and some old bugger staring back at me when I look in a mirror. I'm delighted and surprised to find this wonderful subculture with all it's opportunity for inventiveness and creativity and no silly rules (and the music is good too). I've been to a few local events which were fun and plan on attending more, hopefully I'll remember to take some photos and post them.
it seemed like a good idea at the time

Mrs Bunny

• Deck Hand
  • I LOVE MY KNITTED DIRIGIBLES!
    • Brod the Odd
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2015, 02:54:56 pm »
Good day! I'm Mrs Bunny, and I'm fascinated with dirigibles. I love A Conspiracy of Alchemists, am reading The Steampunk User Manual, and needing to read HP Lovecraft's works. I am currently restoring a rather old typewriter.
Have a lovely day!
Together we are adventurers of the realms!

J. Wilhelm

• ╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
  • Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple
    • NASA Dude
« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2015, 07:04:07 am »
Welcome Dave and Ms. Bunny to the forum!  We have threads on dirigibles as well as bikes if you're into that!

Cat Lady Lelia

• Swab
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2015, 01:01:01 pm »
Hello everyone! I'm Lelia and I'm an aspiring model and seamstress from the UK!
I live and breathe Victorian history and fashion and came here to find like-minded people!
I hope to be a costume designer one day and I am currently working on my first bustle dress - hoping to meet some sewing enthusiasts here too!
Overall just looking for more info on events, get-togethers and re-enactments - places to go to and wear all those amazing outfits I unfortunately can't wear in day-to-day life :(
Looking forward to meeting amazing and creative people on here :)

Thylacinus

• Gunner
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2015, 12:07:35 am »
Hello, I am returning to steampunk after a hiatus of several years. I am a reader with a tendency to follow the will o'the wisp of intellectual curiosity into all sorts of places. My favorite steampunk "world" is that of the Leviathan series.

I was on the Steampunk Empire back in the day but it seems rather quiet over there. This is my first appearance on Brass Goggles. I'm moderately crafty, mostly a knitter with intermediate sewing skills which I hope to improve.

I'm hoping to go to a steampunk meetup in my state, Massachusetts, later this month.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:00:05 pm by Thylacinus »

Mikey Stirton

• Swab
  • Scottish Steamer
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2015, 01:41:20 pm »
Hello fellow Steamers

Woaah, where to begin. I'm new to this Forum but I've been a Steampunk since I was 28 and I'm now pushing 40 - depending on what year I'm in obviously. Quite often, when I put on my top hat and goggles and start thinking about coal powered time travel, I feel like I'm back in 1846.

Nice to meet you all

Mikey