The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 23, 2021, 08:00:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The farce awakens....  (Read 8008 times)
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2014, 03:06:58 pm »

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about, or why you're getting so damn pissy.

. It's a fact. 'Colored people' is... not said anymore. The fact that you're old doesn't change that.

Maybe its just something in the English speaking world, and not over in Sweden.

Apparently not..

" Person of color (plural: people of color, persons of color) is a term used primarily in the United States to describe any person who is not white. The term is meant to be inclusive among non-white groups, emphasizing common experiences of racism. It should not be used interchangeably with "colored", which was previously used in the United States as a term for African Americans only. "

In Sweden we speak English fine.. and a few others too  Wink

Dolph Lundgren Interview on The Jonathan Ross Show 2/2/13

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:26:10 pm by 4_0_4 » Logged

" You can lose every battle except that last " Sir Malcolm , Penny Dreadful
Inflatable Friend
Zeppelin Admiral
Italy Italy

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2014, 04:52:51 pm »

I have to go back on my previous decision now, though hopefully with less raw grr Cheesy

I guess a lot of how you perceive the star-wars universe (or anything for that matter) depends on your environment, upbringing and all manner of cultural/personal expectations.

As a young kid my best friend explained that he preferred the Empire over the rebels because that was where all the black people were, his rational being that you could see all the rebels where white folk, whereas under their uniforms the Empire soldiers were obviously of any and all colours. Duh. This seemed perfectly rational to my childhood self and, as my personal preferences also lent to the Empire though purely for stylistic rather than racial reasons, this meant we could continue to be best friends.

Later in life that background sort of moulded into a view that while the Empire may be draped in the clothes of WWII fascism the Empire itself was probably more like the Roman Empire in so much that it expanded to envelop other planets/countries and co-opt the humans it found there by similar methods to the Romans. The armour and style of the empire being a key part in this, while the rebels openly wore their race, species, differences and allegiance the Empire was visually unified by its closed faced and dramatic appearance. No matter what planet, skin colour, religion or whatever an Empire soldier had thay were outwardly of one body and one mind; unified, strong and endless. (so long as they were human).

It's amusing in many ways to see that after a great many years, some terrible pre-sequels, and the burgeoning threat of a new release that it turns out that Dayton was right all along! If we hadn't dropped out of touch when we went to secondary school I'm sure he'd be smug.

R.I.P

That made me chuckle.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2014, 11:12:08 pm »

Muhahahahaha, you fall in my trap. I waited oh so patiently than the complainin came back :
http://www.dorkly.com/post/70458/the-next-year-for-star-wars?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=amplification

*strawberry sundae with a strawberry on top*

Me personally, since seeing the trailer, I've not been able to wait.  When Abrahms was announced as director, my enthusiasm shot through the ROOF (he did GREAT with Star Trek in my humble opinion, disregarding the whole "Time travel" BS).  When the plot details (which may or may not be true) were leaked, I looked at my wife and said "If even a QUARTER of this is true, this will be the best movie ever.  OF ALL TIME."

I am so stoked about it I'm actually doing my first cosplay.  A custom Dark Jedi named Dago Del'Vega.  My Ultrasaber Lightsaber will be here within two weeks.  I'm pricing the linen, cotton, and silk to make the tunics and robes this coming week.

I will be the guy in full (dark) Jedi robes, with a lightsaber, FIRST IN LINE OPENING NIGHT (because this WILL get a midnight release), ready to go.

Sure, I hated the prequel trilogy and what they did to Vader.  I hate that the force is nothing but a bunch of microbes.  I hate what Lucas did to the films I grew up with (not only did Han shoot first, he's the ONLY one who shot--Greedo never had a CHANCE, which was the POINT).  But by the same token, I'm a Star Wars junkie through and through (although I DETEST the EU, sorry, I do.  I hate it more than I hate the Prequel Trilogy), and will go see these movies.

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2014, 11:24:25 pm »

Muhahahahaha, you fall in my trap. I waited oh so patiently than the complainin came back :
http://www.dorkly.com/post/70458/the-next-year-for-star-wars?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=amplification

Me personally, since seeing the trailer, I've not been able to wait.  When Abrahms was announced as director, my enthusiasm shot through the ROOF (he did GREAT with Star Trek in my humble opinion, disregarding the whole "Time travel" BS).  When the plot details (which may or may not be true) were leaked, I looked at my wife and said "If even a QUARTER of this is true, this will be the best movie ever.  OF ALL TIME."

I am so stoked about it I'm actually doing my first cosplay.  A custom Dark Jedi named Dago Del'Vega.  My Ultrasaber Lightsaber will be here within two weeks.  I'm pricing the linen, cotton, and silk to make the tunics and robes this coming week.

I will be the guy in full (dark) Jedi robes, with a lightsaber, FIRST IN LINE OPENING NIGHT (because this WILL get a midnight release), ready to go.

Sure, I hated the prequel trilogy and what they did to Vader.  I hate that the force is nothing but a bunch of microbes.  I hate what Lucas did to the films I grew up with (not only did Han shoot first, he's the ONLY one who shot--Greedo never had a CHANCE, which was the POINT).  But by the same token, I'm a Star Wars junkie through and through (although I DETEST the EU, sorry, I do.  I hate it more than I hate the Prequel Trilogy), and will go see these movies.

TBH I think they should of it left alone - or wait till someone worthy came along.

Disney want $$$$ though so greed wins in the end .

TV spin - off would have been far safer bet with more leway for letdowns.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:28:46 pm by 4_0_4 » Logged
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2014, 11:27:32 pm »

Me personally, since seeing the trailer, I've not been able to wait.  When Abrahms was announced as director, my enthusiasm shot through the ROOF (he did GREAT with Star Trek in my humble opinion, disregarding the whole "Time travel" BS).  When the plot details (which may or may not be true) were leaked, I looked at my wife and said "If even a QUARTER of this is true, this will be the best movie ever.  OF ALL TIME."

I am so stoked about it I'm actually doing my first cosplay.  A custom Dark Jedi named Dago Del'Vega.  My Ultrasaber Lightsaber will be here within two weeks.  I'm pricing the linen, cotton, and silk to make the tunics and robes this coming week.

Sure, I hated the prequel trilogy and what they did to Vader.  I hate that the force is nothing but a bunch of microbes.  I hate what Lucas did to the films I grew up with (not only did Han shoot first, he's the ONLY one who shot--Greedo never had a CHANCE, which was the POINT).  But by the same token, I'm a Star Wars junkie through and through (although I DETEST the EU, sorry, I do.  I hate it more than I hate the Prequel Trilogy), and will go see these movies.

TBH I think they should of it left alone - or wait till someone worthy came along.

Well 4_0_4, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I just happen to see it differently.

The trailer looks good, the leaked spoilers look AMAZING, Abrahms is a proven decent director, and Mark Hamill HIMSELF says this movie is better than Empire.  Would the Joker lie to me?  I think NOT, particularly considering that his first kid was born during the filming of Empire, so it's always held a very special place in his heart.

I await the movie with great anticipation.
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2014, 11:34:30 pm »

Me personally, since seeing the trailer, I've not been able to wait.  When Abrahms was announced as director, my enthusiasm shot through the ROOF (he did GREAT with Star Trek in my humble opinion, disregarding the whole "Time travel" BS).  When the plot details (which may or may not be true) were leaked, I looked at my wife and said "If even a QUARTER of this is true, this will be the best movie ever.  OF ALL TIME."

I am so stoked about it I'm actually doing my first cosplay.  A custom Dark Jedi named Dago Del'Vega.  My Ultrasaber Lightsaber will be here within two weeks.  I'm pricing the linen, cotton, and silk to make the tunics and robes this coming week.

Sure, I hated the prequel trilogy and what they did to Vader.  I hate that the force is nothing but a bunch of microbes.  I hate what Lucas did to the films I grew up with (not only did Han shoot first, he's the ONLY one who shot--Greedo never had a CHANCE, which was the POINT).  But by the same token, I'm a Star Wars junkie through and through (although I DETEST the EU, sorry, I do.  I hate it more than I hate the Prequel Trilogy), and will go see these movies.

Well 4_0_4, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I just happen to see it differently.

The trailer looks good, the leaked spoilers look AMAZING, Abrahms is a proven decent director, and Mark Hamill HIMSELF says this movie is better than Empire.  Would the Joker lie to me?  I think NOT, particularly considering that his first kid was born during the filming of Empire, so it's always held a very special place in his heart.

decent is not good enough , you need someone whose a visionary to live up to its legacy .

JJA had mixed reviews on ST from what I read - not a fan of super 8 or the trailer ( just far too goofy for my liking ) but if Fett is in it as reputed it will spike interest more..

No VADER reincarnations though pleaseeeee ...I do not want to see his head on some beach ball  Shocked
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:42:31 pm by 4_0_4 » Logged
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2014, 11:44:34 pm »

The trailer looks good, the leaked spoilers look AMAZING, Abrahms is a proven decent director, and Mark Hamill HIMSELF says this movie is better than Empire.  Would the Joker lie to me?  I think NOT, particularly considering that his first kid was born during the filming of Empire, so it's always held a very special place in his heart.

decent is not good enough , you need someone whose a visionary to live up to its legacy .

JJA had mixed reviews on ST from what I read - not a fan of super 8 or the trailer ( just far too goofy for my liking ) but if Fett is in it as reputed it will spike interest more..

No VADER reincarnations though pleaseeeee ...I do not want to see his head on some beach ball  Shocked

Again, your opinion, and you're very much entitled to it.  I think Abrahms did fine with Star Trek (and this is coming from a fairly hardcore Trekkie), and I think he'll do EPIC WIN with Star Wars (if the spoilers are true, it don't matter HOW bad a director is behind the camera, it's going to be EPIC WIN, because seriously, have you read the spoilers?).  I'm stoked, and there's not a darn thing anyone can say or do that's going to change that.

May the Force be With You.
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2014, 12:16:14 am »

Again, your opinion, and you're very much entitled to it.  I think Abrahms did fine with Star Trek (and this is coming from a fairly hardcore Trekkie), and I think he'll do EPIC WIN with Star Wars (if the spoilers are true, it don't matter HOW bad a director is behind the camera, it's going to be EPIC WIN, because seriously, have you read the spoilers?).  I'm stoked, and there's not a darn thing anyone can say or do that's going to change that.

Good, I'm glad ur stoked for it - I guess Old age , life and all that has made me far more cynical in regards to having a, " new hope"  Cheesy

Not read anything just tit bits - fett rumour caught my eye because he will already have a motive in the film ( no plot req )
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2014, 12:55:34 am »

Good, I'm glad ur stoked for it - I guess Old age , life and all that has made me far more cynical in regards to having a, " new hope"  Cheesy

Not read anything just tit bits - fett rumour caught my eye because he will already have a motive in the film ( no plot req )

Some of what I've read lead me to believe that Fett, if he's in it, may have more to do with the main plot than you realize.  In pointed fact, chick on the speeder in the trailer?  Without getting too much into spoiler territory here, I think they've got quite a relationship together.

As to the age and whatnot, well, Lucas is gone.  That actually gives me more hope than anything else.  However, we'll know in just over a year.  I'm ready, I'm waiting, I'm sourcing silks and linens and cotton drill (suggested by our very own Lady Ava as a substitute cloth, says it'll work just as well), leathers and all of that, and my lightsaber is on the way.

If I've got ENOUGH fabric left, I may even dress my kid as a Dark Padawan.  Because WHY NOT? Cheesy
chironex
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

The typing jellyfish monster

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2014, 05:38:59 am »

All poorly-typed arguing aside, while the movie may turn out cool, that is one weak teaser.

If you can't wait for more Star Wars, though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhTn8cjm9ZM

Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we wins we wins and if we dies we dies fightin' so it don't count as beat. Even if we runs away it means we can always come back for anuvver go, see!

QUEENSLAND RAIL NOT FOR SALE!!!!!!
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2014, 05:55:13 am »

All poorly-typed arguing aside, while the movie may turn out cool, that is one weak teaser.

Wasn't the trailer that got me excited, to be honest (you're right, it is a pretty weak teaser).  Was the fact that the Original Cast is signed on, Mark Hamill says it KICKS ASS, and the leaked spoilers are EPIC amazing.

Sorry about poor typing, but as my signature disclaimer points out, there's a very real chance that anything I type is under the influence of SOMETHING (in this instance, narcotic cough syrup mixed with whisky because life f***ing sucks right now).
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2014, 12:39:59 pm »

" So I've just spoken to George about this great new idea he has  that's going to totally change the FORCE "

" The saber ? "

" Yeah,  that was George's idea too , and here's the clever part Harrison "

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"The UK focus groups LOVE it!"
[/quote]

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
chironex
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

The typing jellyfish monster

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2014, 02:04:24 pm »

Wasn't the trailer that got me excited, to be honest (you're right, it is a pretty weak teaser).  Was the fact that the Original Cast is signed on, Mark Hamill says it KICKS ASS, and the leaked spoilers are EPIC amazing.

Sorry about poor typing, but as my signature disclaimer points out, there's a very real chance that anything I type is under the influence of SOMETHING (in this instance, narcotic cough syrup mixed with whisky because life f***ing sucks right now).

Yours wasn't the worst....
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2014, 03:10:36 pm »

" You'll never guess what part George wants you to play "
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2014, 03:41:48 pm »

Yours wasn't the worst....

I'm chuffed..

Trololo Sing Along!
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2014, 06:55:41 pm »

Bloody Hilarious !!!!!

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2014, 12:18:19 pm »

OK, let's try this a little less discretely...

"The older UK focus groups LOVE it!"
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

https://youtube.com/c/RovingJack

« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2014, 02:55:43 am »

They have names now.

I'll admit i've become a bit desensitized to the sight of BB-8. But watching it's head bobble about still makes me worry that we will be treated to a droids eye view in shaky camera syndrome... in a star wars movie. ugh, I feel queasy already, and I don't get motion sick, just dislike the idea.

http://io9.com/new-star-wars-new-character-names-revealed-1669995798

When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2014, 11:23:41 am »

They have names now.

I'll admit i've become a bit desensitized to the sight of BB-8. But watching it's head bobble about still makes me worry that we will be treated to a droids eye view in shaky camera syndrome... in a star wars movie. ugh, I feel queasy already, and I don't get motion sick, just dislike the idea.

BB-8 = Bomb/beach ball 8 surely! It must be a Dark Star reference.

Sorontar

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2014, 02:00:57 pm »

They have names now.

And/or an 8-ball reference.
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2014, 04:00:10 pm »

They have names now.

And/or an 8-ball reference.

well, at least that explains why he moves so fast  ..

can R2 still I fly ?

I wonder .....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:02:28 pm by 4_0_4 » Logged
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2014, 06:54:49 am »

A leaked scene? Or just a Tie fighter which crashed on the highway? Grin

Meh!  Probably just crash landed a few miles short of the starport

Leaked Star Wars Episode VII Filmset Footage!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 06:58:23 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2014, 01:02:57 pm »

I wish !

those stormtroopers are originals too - prob in protest of JJA and his benefactor ( no not Mickey )

Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2014, 01:37:11 am »

I wish !

those stormtroopers are originals too - prob in protest of JJA and his benefactor ( no not Mickey )

I actually kind of like the new helmet design...
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2014, 01:23:58 pm »

An old video and not quite The Force Awakens.... but while we wait, let's consider a series that would be just as great as it was originally if also set in the Victorian era. Unfortunately its not, so let's then add Star Wars instead.

Sorontar
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:25:35 pm by Sorontar » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: