The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 27, 2021, 05:24:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The farce awakens....  (Read 8016 times)
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2014, 12:14:04 pm »

I am surprised that no-one is relating the droid to the deadly inflatable ball from Dark Star.
The original "beachball of doom" known (and hated) by all Mac users.

You sure about the beachball George ??
"Do you have any idea how much Apple will pay us?! I've been trying to work in some product placement for decades!"  Grin

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2014, 12:44:49 pm »

" So I've just spoken to George about this great new idea he has  thats going to totally change the FORCE "

" The saber ? "

" Yeah,  that was George's idea too , and here's the clever part Harrison "

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 02:17:44 pm by 4_0_4 » Logged

" You can lose every battle except that last " Sir Malcolm , Penny Dreadful
Kieranfoy
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Cthulhu ftaghn!

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2014, 07:31:16 pm »

Dunno what you all are complaining about, myself.

Sure, there're black people where there weren't black people in the original movies main cast. That's called racisn, and the attempt to avoid it. Not a bad thing...

The droid looks only slightly goofier than the exceedingly phallic R2-D2 did back when Star Wars came out.

And new and funky lightsabers coming out each movies has been a tradition since Episode one. How many of you laughed yourselves silly at Darth Maul's saberstaff, and later admitted it was actually pretty badass?

'Invoked or not, the gods will be present.'

-The Oracle of Delphi
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2014, 07:50:09 pm »

Sure, there're black people where there weren't black people in the original movies main cast. That's called racisn, and the attempt to avoid it. Not a bad thing...

Wink

chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2014, 08:13:57 pm »

He was the only ones in the wholes galaxy. Tokenism is as bad as absence.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:16:23 pm by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Kieranfoy
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Cthulhu ftaghn!

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2014, 08:15:16 pm »

Many. I meant many. There weren't many in the original trilogy.

Defintely not overlooking Billy Williams, who is awesome.
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2014, 08:19:44 pm »

Many. I meant many. There weren't many in the original trilogy.

Defintely not overlooking Billy Williams, who is awesome.

And how many coloured actors are in the new one ?
Kieranfoy
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Cthulhu ftaghn!

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2014, 08:34:36 pm »

Main cast? Three, I think.

Not what one would call brilliant progress, but more than one.

Also, I don't think anyone says 'colored people' any more. Might come off as racist to some, just heads up. Very 1950's.
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2014, 09:30:52 pm »

Main cast? Three, I think.

You work for Disney ?

Not what one would call brilliant progress, but more than one.

You forget Darth Vader

[/quote]

Also, I don't think anyone says 'colored people' any more. Might come off as racist to some, just heads up. Very 1950's.
[/quote]

So how would you address every asain ,native indian ,aborgine etc etc , or did you just mean african descent ?

4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2014, 09:34:27 pm »

You know that because  you know how many black actors auditioned for roles , do you ?
Narsil
Immortal
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2014, 09:52:14 pm »

I think that the problem with the phrase 'coloured people' is that it rests on the assumption that being white is normal and anything else is notable by their difference from this norm. 

A man of eighty has outlived probably three new schools of painting, two of architecture and poetry and a hundred in dress.
Lord Byron
Kieranfoy
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Cthulhu ftaghn!

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2014, 10:05:05 pm »

You do realize, 404, that the cast list has been published, right? I can read, don't have to work for Disney.

And the fact that no one says colored people anymore is... a fact. No my opinion. People of color is the PC phrase.

True about Darth Vader.
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2014, 10:25:48 pm »

Darth Vader is only black off world, in world he is white, played by a white man in is youngest appearance and give birth to two white child with a white girl.

As for people of colors, i think ''ethnicity other than white'' would be a more correct terms. People of colors give the same impression than white is the norm than colored peoples.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:28:39 pm by chicar » Logged
Kieranfoy
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Cthulhu ftaghn!

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2014, 10:54:04 pm »

Interesting point.

I only meant that colored people is considered un pc. I, personally, have no opinion on what word choice should be used, just knowledge of what words are used.
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2014, 12:38:01 am »

You do realize, 404, that the cast list has been published, right? I can read, don't have to work for Disney.

Of course, because giving away major spoilers like Boba Fett in the cast is really going to works wonders for the overall plot when it comes to reveal him

And the fact that no one says colored people anymore is... a fact. No my opinion. People of color is the PC phrase.

That expression is new to me then , I've never heard it in my entire  life , which I suspect has been longer than yours.
Kieranfoy
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Cthulhu ftaghn!

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2014, 12:47:39 am »

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about, or why you're getting so damn pissy.

. It's a fact. 'Colored people' is... not said anymore. The fact that you're old doesn't change that.

Maybe its just something in the English speaking world, and not over in Sweden.

4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2014, 01:23:16 am »

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about, or why you're getting so damn pissy.

. It's a fact. 'Colored people' is... not said anymore. The fact that you're old doesn't change that.

Maybe its just something in the English speaking world, and not over in Sweden.

Feel the Fire by Coloured Man

I guess all his fans must be white then , right ?    Roll Eyes

Its wonder how this song has not been removed , I suggest you report to UTUBE immediately and report back to us what they say.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:26:50 am by 4_0_4 » Logged
Kieranfoy
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Cthulhu ftaghn!

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2014, 01:31:32 am »

...what?

Know what? I don't care. Not my issues, not my problem. You call people whatever you want, and lets try talking about Star Wars before the mods close this thread.

So, anyone have any opinions on the freaking lightsabee? Me, I like the blade flicker, makes the saber more dynamic and visually interesting. Could do without the crossgaurds.

Maybe have a lightsaber hilt designed by someone with a vague idea of how swordfighting works, now there's a radical suggestion. I mean, how many lightsabers would work IRL? They all have huge buttons that could get switched off while moving your grip, if you can even grip the thing in the first place!
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

https://youtube.com/c/RovingJack

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2014, 05:14:32 am »

great greasy cog you guys WTF?

right anyway. light sabre.

I honestly could thing of a dozen different designs that would be interesting to see. plasma window basket hilt rapier for one, I mean a bigger blade make little difference in a device that cuts most anything, and how many people have lost hands in combat with these things.

But some part of me always wanted to see a light hammer. It's techniques would be different from a regular hammer in that a hammer relies on weight, but I could see something with a glowing hub cap sized face on either side of something that otherwise resembled a van de graf generator with a slight nimbus around that part as well. The glowing parts would deflect blaster and sabre hits while a blow from the face of the hammer would be like those lightening cracks and pops you hear from a light sabre only hundreds of times more due to surface area in contact. so it would be like a combination searing brand of large size with a bit of a concussive blast at the site of impact.

or maybe something similar in an axe form. For a sith I like the image of a light scythe but it's completely impractical and a sideways emitter makes it a terrible parrying weapon or dueling in general. but a pike/glaive/spear might be worth it.

When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.
Kieranfoy
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Cthulhu ftaghn!

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2014, 05:24:12 am »

Bugger if I know.

Anyway, they did a basket hilt in the EU, and a spear type called a saber pike.

The light-hammer sounds like a Warhammer-verse thunderhammer to me, same principle.

A principle they extend to scythes, maces, even gauntlets.
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2014, 02:38:11 am »

A page back or so there was mention of a handful of materials that were lightsaber resistant...so where are the shields and armor?  I think the idea of an armored Jedi Knight is pretty cool.

Well that wolf has a dimber bonebox, and he'll flash it all milky and red.  But you won't see our Red Jack's spit, nug, cuz he's pinked ya, and yer dead.
Kieranfoy
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Cthulhu ftaghn!

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2014, 03:13:44 am »

Phrik, cortosis, beskar'gam...

In the EU, I believe many ancient Sith (who were all freaking awesome heavy metal Dark Side magic Eyptians)  wore armor, as did some later Sith.

In some of the computer games, many Jedi and Sith robes had some sort of armored underlay or were woven out of armorweave, which would protect against a lightsaber, somewhat.

I don't think you could move a shield fast enough for it to be practical, though.

Also, I swear to Belial, I hate autocorrect.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2014, 03:44:34 am »

Have read places the new saber is a "Junk-Saber," something thrown together that won't be featured in the film very long.  Then again, I read quite a lot that "could" be true (Star Wars Spoiler thread, supposedly someone from production leaked quite a bit--if even a QUARTER of it is true, I'll be the happiest man alive).

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2014, 01:26:50 pm »

R.I.P
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2014, 03:04:10 pm »

Muhahahahaha, you fall in my trap. I waited oh so patiently than the complainin came back :
http://www.dorkly.com/post/70458/the-next-year-for-star-wars?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=amplification

*strawberry sundae with a strawberry on top*
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 03:10:49 pm by chicar » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: