The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 04, 2021, 03:54:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any vaporizers in da house ? ( Boba Fett excluded )  (Read 3915 times)
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« on: November 25, 2014, 04:59:40 pm »

Come out ! Come out !  Grin

" You can lose every battle except that last " Sir Malcolm , Penny Dreadful
Wormster
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 06:32:14 pm »

Depends on what you is 'vapin bruv!

Tread softly and carry a GBFO stick!
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:21:11 pm »

Dis! Innit?!   Grin

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 06:48:22 pm »

not what I really want , I can tell you that Wink

mainly just cherry and then caramel cappucino samples , but it feels a bit underwhelming so far and not as good as my djarums .
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:51:31 pm by 4_0_4 » Logged
Wormster
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 07:01:34 pm »

I'd stick with the djarums! Nowt like it, Years ago I "liberated" 3 from a pack pinned to the wall of a pub on the Isle of Wight - after I'd developed a taste for them in Melbourne moons before!
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 08:19:18 am »

I'd stick with the djarums! Nowt like it, Years ago I "liberated" 3 from a pack pinned to the wall of a pub on the Isle of Wight - after I'd developed a taste for them in Melbourne moons before!

I heard Tasty Vapors liquid was quite a good Kretek clone but I'd need to get shipped from Uncle Sam which is a pain in the ass - maybe not even possible given banal shipping regulations..
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 01:36:02 am »

Uh, you mean like e-cigs?  Or are we talking about something else here...?

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 08:26:22 pm »

Yeah, sorta!  An e-cig is a type of Vaporizer...but it tends to be used to describe a particular low-end (effective, not cheap, but low-end) type of vaporizer...the more complex contraptions are often referred to as Vape-pens or Vape-pipes amongst other things.  They allow for a greater connoisseurship of the act...allowing for variable voltage affecting the density of the cloud of 'smoke', complex flavor mixes, percentage of nicotine, and yes, as implied above, the potential for non-nicotine intoxication, e.g. hashish oil.  I imagine Opium oil could be produced as well, though I've never heard of it.

But here, I googled "Steampunk Vape" and here's some of the stuff we're speaking of:

etc...

But anyway, in response to some of the above comments comparing various flavors with Djarums, I've some thoughts...
First, I've been a Djarum smoker for a LONG time...ever since Sampoernas disappeared.  But I've also been a nicotine addict in virtually every way...manufactured cigarettes, hand-rolled, cigars, pipes, snuff, hookahs and shisha...everything except the chewing tobacco, which always seemed a bit gross despite my love of the Outlaw Josey Wales. Smiley

I started vaping not to quit smoking, but to smoke MORE.  Essentially I wanted to 'smoke' inside, rather than being forever forced to take breaks and stand outside to get my fix.
Within the first week my actual smoking was cut in half, and here, a couple of years later, my actual smoking is negligible, though not forsaken.
One of the keys to my enjoyment, however, is NOT to pretend that any flavor of vape oil is going to taste like tobacco or clove or whatever.  In the same way that no cigarette tastes like a cigar, and no cigar tastes like a pipe, and no pipe tastes like a cigarette, I think it's important to view vaping as it's own distinct animal.

Thus, you'll never find a vape oil flavor that tastes and feels like a Djarum, so attempting to do so is an exercise in futility.  Find vape oil flavors that you enjoy in and of themselves, ya dig?
One HUGE piece of advice is to network in person with other Vape aficionados.  For example, I was vaping with two friends of late, and we passed our pipes around just to sample each others' favorite flavors.  Mine are all fairly traditional pseudo-tobacco flavors, but one friend was smoking "Cucumber Mint", which I'd never pick up on my own, and it was delicious.  The other friend was smoking "Wookie Cookie"...a name which I would never buy, never sample in a shop, never give a second thought to...but I was surprised that it ALSO was delicious, despite a name that seems to suspiciously be targeting quite a young demographic.

Anyway, them's my two cents.  >shrugs<
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 08:29:34 pm by Vagabond GentleMan » Logged

Well that wolf has a dimber bonebox, and he'll flash it all milky and red.  But you won't see our Red Jack's spit, nug, cuz he's pinked ya, and yer dead.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 10:16:26 pm »

Ah, see, I've got one of the higher end deals (pyrex tank, large battery), just always colloquialism'd it as an e-cig. 

So yeah, I vape.  Mostly because I enjoy nicotine, but I also enjoy the clouds of it.  See, like you, I am a tobacco connoisseur in all of it's forms (save dip), and to this DAY I still enjoy my high end cigarettes, hand rolls, pipes, cigars, and hookah nearly every single night.  But for me, using the e-cig/vaporizer is just a way to continue to smoke indoors rather than out, not to mention, my wife enjoys it right along with me.
delCano
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

Gravatar

elKano_L
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 11:12:23 am »

I vape too, although I am no smoker and never been one (besides hookah, from time to time). Nicotine seems to be trying to kill me every time we meet.
However, I enjoy the flavours, the calm that goes with vaping, the smoke, ... The liquids I buy are 0% nicotine, which makes them usually too soft for most smokers I know, though. I usually buy from Janty, they have an Earl Grey flavour I quite enjoy, often mixed with some drops of peppermint or, depending on the day, blackberry.
I bought recently a mechanical mod, and it sometimes gives me a burned flavour with Janty liquids. It doesn't, though, with the liquid I bought at the same hop I bought the mod, so there seems to be some composition difference I must explore.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 06:35:57 pm »

Mine are all fairly traditional pseudo-tobacco flavors, but one friend was smoking "Cucumber Mint", which I'd never pick up on my own, and it was delicious.  The other friend was smoking "Wookie Cookie"...a name which I would never buy, never sample in a shop, never give a second thought to...but I was surprised that it ALSO was delicious, despite a name that seems to suspiciously be targeting quite a young demographic.

Gives the name "Cookie Monster" a WHOLE new meaning!

Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 12:47:50 am »

Mine are all fairly traditional pseudo-tobacco flavors, but one friend was smoking "Cucumber Mint", which I'd never pick up on my own, and it was delicious.  The other friend was smoking "Wookie Cookie"...a name which I would never buy, never sample in a shop, never give a second thought to...but I was surprised that it ALSO was delicious, despite a name that seems to suspiciously be targeting quite a young demographic.

Gives the name "Cookie Monster" a WHOLE new meaning!

Why am I suddenly reminded of the Return of the Jedi Family Guy episode:  "Save Yub Nub for me...  Come to think of it, you can SHAVE your yub nub for me, too!" F***ing Peter...
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 08:46:05 pm »

I vape too, although I am no smoker and never been one (besides hookah, from time to time). Nicotine seems to be trying to kill me every time we meet.
However, I enjoy the flavours, the calm that goes with vaping, the smoke, ... The liquids I buy are 0% nicotine, which makes them usually too soft for most smokers I know, though. I usually buy from Janty, they have an Earl Grey flavour I quite enjoy, often mixed with some drops of peppermint or, depending on the day, blackberry.
I bought recently a mechanical mod, and it sometimes gives me a burned flavour with Janty liquids. It doesn't, though, with the liquid I bought at the same hop I bought the mod, so there seems to be some composition difference I must explore.

Thats sounds pretty good actually , any other mixes ?
Sludge Van Diesel
Zeppelin Captain
England England

SteampunkDJ.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 08:54:52 pm »

I'm using one of these at the moment.

http://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/products/e-pipe/e-pipe-ii-kit-and-e-liquid-product.html

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish

www.steampunkdj.co.uk  Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SteampunkDJ & Facebook https://www.facebook.com/steampunkdj
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 01:05:34 pm »

Im curious if one of these might help my neuropathy like the real thing did...prob not I suspect
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 01:07:40 pm by 4_0_4 » Logged
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 01:09:39 pm »

is it hands free ?
Prof. Convict Archfiend
Officer
Australia Australia

Gravatar

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 10:56:15 pm »

count me in.

Running a clone mechanical mod at the moment. Much better hit then the little e-cig thingys.
Mainly using it to get of the real cigs, really enjoying it!!! first completely clean month on steam!! yay!!

trying to find a good flavour at the moment is a real bitch!! As selling juice with Nic it in with in Australia is still illegal, but shipping it in is fine  Huh

REALLY trying for a good apple!!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:00:22 pm by Prof. Convict Archfiend » Logged

Just call me "Greenie"....
(much quicker to type)
Sludge Van Diesel
Zeppelin Captain
England England

SteampunkDJ.co.uk

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 11:20:24 pm »

Yep, no buttons to push, or anything like that.  Just stick it in yer gob & suck
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 01:23:36 am »

Unfortunately, I prefer a manual.  I'll stick with my Smok brand Aero setup for now.  I WAS going to get an E-Pipe for Christmas, but wifey got me a Lightsaber (a good quality one, not a cheap Walmart version--milled Aircraft Aluminum, all that good stuff) instead.

I'm not complaining.

Maybe Valentine's Day...
Sludge Van Diesel
Zeppelin Captain
England England

SteampunkDJ.co.uk

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 11:26:53 am »

Unfortunately, I prefer a manual. 
The trouble I've found with manuals that look like a traditional pipe is that the button is usually right where a finger or thumb naturally rests.   Now I can see why they do this for ease of use, but I find a lot of accidental activation occurs.  My auto on the other hand only activates when I take a drag.
Prof. Convict Archfiend
Officer
Australia Australia

Gravatar

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 11:38:03 pm »

So what are others using??
The pipe is very intriguing I must say.

Im running a Nemesis Clone at the moment.
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1448300-nemesis-style-mechanical-mod

Will be moving to a copper Mod in the new year.
(haven't pick one, but the old "Stick a Cog on it and call it Steampunk" version isn't too bad..)
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10008987/1796204-steampunk-style-mechanical-mod
jaybig
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2015, 03:42:08 pm »

Yeah, sorta!  An e-cig is a type of Vaporizer...but it tends to be used to describe a particular low-end (effective, not cheap, but low-end) type of vaporizer...the more complex contraptions are often referred to as Vape-pens or Vape-pipes amongst other things.  They allow for a greater connoisseurship of the act...allowing for variable voltage affecting the density of the cloud of 'smoke', complex flavor mixes, percentage of nicotine, and yes, as implied above, the potential for non-nicotine intoxication, e.g. hashish oil.  I imagine Opium oil could be produced as well, though I've never heard of it.

But here, I googled "Steampunk Vape" and here's some of the stuff we're speaking of:

etc...

But anyway, in response to some of the above comments comparing various flavors with Djarums, I've some thoughts...
First, I've been a Djarum smoker for a LONG time...ever since Sampoernas disappeared.  But I've also been a nicotine addict in virtually every way...manufactured cigarettes, hand-rolled, cigars, pipes, snuff, hookahs and shisha...everything except the chewing tobacco, which always seemed a bit gross despite my love of the Outlaw Josey Wales. Smiley

I started vaping not to quit smoking, but to smoke MORE.  Essentially I wanted to 'smoke' inside, rather than being forever forced to take breaks and stand outside to get my fix.
Within the first week my actual smoking was cut in half, and here, a couple of years later, my actual smoking is negligible, though not forsaken.
One of the keys to my enjoyment, however, is NOT to pretend that any flavor of vape oil is going to taste like tobacco or clove or whatever.  In the same way that no cigarette tastes like a cigar, and no cigar tastes like a pipe, and no pipe tastes like a cigarette, I think it's important to view vaping as it's own distinct animal.

Thus, you'll never find a vape oil flavor that tastes and feels like a Djarum, so attempting to do so is an exercise in futility.  Find vape oil flavors that you enjoy in and of themselves, ya dig?
One HUGE piece of advice is to network in person with other Vape aficionados.  For example, I was vaping with two friends of late, and we passed our pipes around just to sample each others' favorite flavors.  Mine are all fairly traditional pseudo-tobacco flavors, but one friend was smoking "Cucumber Mint", which I'd never pick up on my own, and it was delicious.  The other friend was smoking "Wookie Cookie"...a name which I would never buy, never sample in a shop, never give a second thought to...but I was surprised that it ALSO was delicious, despite a name that seems to suspiciously be targeting quite a young demographic.

Anyway, them's my two cents.  >shrugs<

There pretty amazing looking e cigs! I bow to you!
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 06:08:59 am »

Unfortunately, I prefer a manual. 
The trouble I've found with manuals that look like a traditional pipe is that the button is usually right where a finger or thumb naturally rests.   Now I can see why they do this for ease of use, but I find a lot of accidental activation occurs.  My auto on the other hand only activates when I take a drag.

Never had that problem, actually.  I mean, then again, I've never really held my smokes the way most people do.  Not even my TOBACCO pipe, but eh, I'm weird like that.

---

Moving right along, for them what care about what's actually IN the tank right now, I've got a mixture of TravelVapor 8mg flavors (I would do stronger, but my wife shares with me) loaded right now--Arabic Tobacco and Cherry (about 2/3 Cherry, 1/3 Arabic Tobacco).  Has a very nice flavor to it--you can clearly taste both flavors, and they blend for almost an apple quality.

This works for me, since I tend to smoke hookah more than anything else.

I also picked up one of those chintzy Mark10 E-cig jobbies using a coupon to get a free starter kit.  Went with menthol, as again, my wife shares with me.  Tastes like chicklets.  We call it the chicklet stick.

It's battery life is TERRIBLE (you get MAYBE 30-45 minutes of use out of it) and the cartridges are ABYSMAL as far as longevity--but as far as 808 type sticks go, it gets a nice draw.  I mean, it's no eGo, but then again, once you go to an eGo, you don't really ever go back to the 808s anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: