The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 08, 2021, 07:27:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The start of one branch of my family tree in the US.  (Read 560 times)
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

https://youtube.com/c/RovingJack

« on: September 02, 2014, 02:51:38 am »

Peter Delvee emigrated circa 1752 from Holland. As a small boy, he accompanied his parents and a younger brother to the New World. On the voyage, his mother died, not an uncommon occurrence in those days. Upon reaching this shore, his father soon died leaving Peter and his brother orphans.

I'm kind of curious what Holland was like in the 1750s. If memory serves it's a bit passed the golden age of the Netherlands. I'd be interested to know if perhaps they were leaving an empire in decline, or heading to a new world full of opportunity.

Heck if it comes to it I may have to see if I can make a trip over there with what records I can find here and see if we can trace things back further.

also of note is the first names of his mother in law and daughter some years later- Bathsheba. lol. I just love that name.

When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: