The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 04, 2021, 05:26:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to excuse myself for the recent eventss  (Read 859 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: September 02, 2014, 01:06:58 am »

I will try to distinquate more what could be in and out topic, althought i don't make promises.

I do hope Sir Henry  made a better job explaining my point of view in the affair than i do.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:08:59 am by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 08:14:10 am »

Esteemed Chicar:

I can't speak for others but for myself I'm glad you're back.  Perhaps you have pushed the envelope, but then again, there is no such thing as "normal" among our ranks.  I do think we are sorely missing a Dieselpunk section and an Anachronist Section for everything else.  We used to have those two sections at the Steampunk Mexico Forum.

As for myself, I don't necessarily agree that Dieselpunk is completely unrelated to Steampunk, for the very simple reasons that the British Edwardian Period and the American Jazz Age do overlap.  Hence I would not push Dieselpunk all the way "Off-Topic."  This is just my opinion (and I'm sticking to it). It's juts a matter of creating the categories for what we wish to talk about.

I remain AYS

J. Wilhelm.

chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 09:17:50 pm »

I would want you to have a good listen to this installment of Cracked Podcast as is enlightened me on the psychologic reason of my behaviors:
http://www.cracked.com/podcast/why-you-have-no-idea-what-you-look-like/

On this optic i would want to give sincerer apologies than my previous ones as i realised than thèses (and everything between  then and now) was made in the same mindset than the ones who provoked the behaviors apologised about.

Fun Fact: It also put a interesting twist on this concept of no-conformism so dear to steampunk. It make realised i was not the first to commit the sins i commited, you know the wholes '' try to label what i love as steampunk'' business (at least that a crowd i can belong to).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:41:46 pm by chicar » Logged
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 09:33:58 pm »

I will try to distinquate more what could be in and out topic, althought i don't make promises.

I do hope Sir Henry  made a better job explaining my point of view in the affair than i do.
That was done by private message to the mods as I felt that it wasn't my place to be airing your troubles in public (and the relevant thread was locked). Hopefully there will be more understanding all round. And hopefully you will continue to broaden our horizons, both on- and off-topic. Smiley

I shall have a listen to that podcast when I have a spare hour, though from the blurb about it I suspect it's how I have lived most of my life. We dress to create a persona for ourselves and behave accordingly - I've even got jobs I really wasn't qualified for because I convinced myself I was someone else. I suspect that not having a mirror for 25 years may have helped.

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: