The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 19, 2019, 07:58:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WANTED: Need Logo  (Read 1624 times)
Commander Data
Officer
United States United States

Gravatar

I swear, I'm not trying to be a jerk.

« on: August 27, 2014, 12:36:15 am »

Hey guys,
So, I've made a second website, to which I intend to show my sculptures as well as sell my technical support services.
I was interested in trying to combine the two businesses to promote a softer, more artistic approach to technology. To that effect, I worked for some time just trying to settle on a name, let alone a logo. Eventually, I became satisfied enough with Moore Tech Studios to buy the domain name. For now, my site can be found here http://techiemoore.wix.com/bostoncomputerrepair while it is under construction.

Most of my work can be found here:
http://electricchimera.livejournal.com/
The most apt categories my work could be lumped into would be Steampunk, Cyberpunk, and Retro-Futurism.

Here is a logo that I was working on:
http://s16.postimg.org/niy42x97p/image001.png

I am willing to pay for services.
If you are interested, please shoot me an email at techie.moore@gmail.com

akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

~~Blast from the past~~

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 07:23:04 pm »

You've got mail.. Smiley
Commander Data
Officer

Gravatar

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 02:00:14 am »

Still looking!
Commander Data
Officer

Gravatar

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 11:26:07 pm »

*cough*
akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

~~Blast from the past~~

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 11:15:10 pm »

Come on guys, someone help him out! I couldn't deliver because of other obligations taking up waaaay too much time.. surely someone here must be able to make a logo / banner for him??
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 12:03:15 am »

Because you are obviously computer savvy and have the soft ware  , you can make your own.

Get out some library books to help if you need to.

The   logo making   commandments are

Make it  simple
Make it clear
Make it relevant

Use a clear and legible font  for any  text.
 Use colours that show up well .
 Limit  fonts and colour use to no more than 3.

The primary colours of red, yellow and blue work  best and stand out. They are frequently used for a reason.
 Green , purple and orange are  also good options.

Google   logos, vintrage brands and logos.  There are books available in larger library systems on effective/ best graphics and logos to get ideas from.

Let us know  how it is going.

Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 12:28:04 am »

Some examples for inspiration - and some to show what not to do.

compared to these some what confused  fussy ones.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 12:29:40 am by Hurricane Annie » Logged
Rory B Esq BSc
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 08:25:22 pm »

I have done logo's but it is best to meet the client and have a thorough discussion about what the logo is for, colors and font have subliminal effects which can make a logo 'work' or not.

A logo can look great on a banner but become too fussy on a business card.

Something simple but bold works much better than something with detail and subtle color changes. Look at the simplicity of the Mc'D' loge and how well known it is to give you an idea.
A logo is a means of projecting a corporate image into people's minds, it links to your products and reputation and they can be worth more than a logo....a signature can work (as with Coca cola).
Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 08:29:03 pm »

Make sure your logo works in black and white as well.  If you print red on blue everything can fade to uniform grey if you have to print black and white for some reason - and sooner or later you will.
Rory B Esq BSc
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 06:16:57 pm »

I'll give a description of the latest logo I did and you might get the idea, It is for the artists group I'm in called 'The Well', I made the water coming out of a well hand-pump the primary colors with splashes where it hit the ground and a stream of colors flowing forward.

Simple and bold, it works on our business cards and our stall banner, it gives the message of 'a well of creativity / inspiration'.

At our group exhibition last week children were saying ... 'look mummy ... Rainbow Water'! so it grabs people's attention (the previous logo had the 'what's that' reaction).

Spend a day looking at logo's, drive to the mall and make notes of which ones are recognizable or not, then go home and look through the list asking yourself 'why'? Then by thinking about what works you should be able to come up with something that works for you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: