The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 13, 2019, 04:17:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona names  (Read 200597 times)
London McGregor
Gunner
United States United States

London McGregor, Minder for the Ministry

« Reply #1275 on: July 27, 2011, 02:32:05 am »

London McGregor

while I was at another site I need to verisign to show that I was human and this came up..however...

I really like this..it fits my steampunk persona

London-a city I would love to see one day

McGregor- it kind of rolls together with London

London McGregor
42 Piper Mews
London, England N1A 7AP
Minder for the Ministry
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer

For God and Country!

« Reply #1276 on: July 28, 2011, 01:43:01 pm »

Amara (am-arr-rah) was a nickname given to me by a group of junior high friends eons ago and it stuck. I've very fond of the name.

Deegan (dee-gahn) I lovingly 'borrowed' from my long time favorite webcomic, Dominic Deegan.

With their powers combined, I am the Dread Pirate Amara Deegan! 

Anyone who names themselves after Dominic Deegan has my love!

toxickun
Officer

« Reply #1277 on: July 28, 2011, 04:33:04 pm »

I had 4 names during the years i made my first user name for a Command And Conquer game called:Renegade

First it was alertjr91.
(Then i discovered role-playing on this one server)
So it turned to warjr91 to go with the role-play

*Then came MySpace and after a while my name changed to toxicwar and i started expanding my role-playing socializing network to other sites
(such as gaia,xat,and random forums)

now here i am named Toxickun and i has a twitter,facebook,xat,xfire,msn,brass goggles,youtube,xboxlive.....bleh too much stuff x-x.
(But is happy :3)

*Each name has a history but im too tired to explain it all so forgive me*

~on a side note: the reason its called toxickun is cuz i was deeply interested in chemical war-fair as a teen or used to enjoy bio chemistry long ago so it had to be toxic, kun was something i wanted to add so it would be Japanese-ish and since kun=boy so i added it their.
and bam :M toxickun. :3

...wth is a signature ._.
[sorry for my fail in grammar]
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #1278 on: July 30, 2011, 08:48:42 am »

Mine is rather obvious, but I like such wordplay and it seems to fit me well.  Grin

Especially when one can choose to introduce oneself purely by surname on occasion, or use the full name in that 'Bond, James Bond'-style with emphasis on the Initial as "B----" when it seems most apt.

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.
Guinevere Meander
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1279 on: July 30, 2011, 10:24:18 am »

HUh Hum....*shaken*  will always get You the attention of the Bond "Lasses", this one included...
ermmm.. Grin Grin
ta ta ta taaahhh taah Guin

"...it was here just a minute ago!"  Motto of the lovely Lady Guinevere Meander
LittonGuthrieJackson
Deck Hand

« Reply #1280 on: August 01, 2011, 06:09:44 pm »

Litton Guthrie Jackson was my grandfather's name.  Simple enough!

But by God, Eliot, It Was a Photograph from Life!
Lady Jemima Piddlepuddle
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Perpetual obfuscation!

« Reply #1281 on: August 01, 2011, 06:21:41 pm »

Hello  Smiley This is my first post here, indeed, my first post on any Steampunk forum as I am very new to this. Please be gentle with me.

My name derives from my youngest daughter's name, Jemma and the character Jemima Puddleduck. I used to read Jemma stories of said character when she was little, and her nickname evolved into "Jemmy Jemima". The Piddlepuddle came about when potty training began and numerous "accidents" would inevitably occur!

I kind of liked how the name rolled off the tongue easily.

Of course, as the years are becoming increasingly unkind and merciless to one's own physique, it is only a matter of time before the name becomes aptly applied to oneself...  Undecided  Grin

Anyhow, nice to meet you all  Smiley
Jormun Gandr
Deck Hand

Steampunk Viking

« Reply #1282 on: August 03, 2011, 07:59:34 pm »

The text under my picture is a hint.  Wink
Steamspirit
Deck Hand

« Reply #1283 on: August 09, 2011, 01:23:08 am »

well its been a while since i made this account but i remember trying to think of something but couldnt think of anything so i just chose this. "steam" as a part of the term "steampunk" and "Spirit" for me being a person who is enthusiastic about Steampunk.

i would have picked a better name but at the time i was so excited about signing up i didnt want to take the time to come up with something better *sigh* but i would normally incorporate the words "Summer" and "Dragonfly" or "wind" since Summer is my favorite season, Dragonflies are my favorite animal, and wind is my favorite element Smiley still though i am quite happy with my username here, i just believe i could have done better is all.

"There's an old saying about those who forget history. I don't remember it, but it's good."
— Stephen Colbert
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

Kapitän of the airborne assault carrier "Hermann"

« Reply #1284 on: August 09, 2011, 04:06:46 am »

Deleted Post.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 01:52:46 am by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz » Logged
Molly Dogfight
Swab

« Reply #1285 on: August 09, 2011, 08:11:53 pm »

Good-day to all-
This is my first post here too...and I must say I like it here very much. Where I live Steampunk isn't very widely recognised, and me being 14, people tend to think I'm just a bit eccentric (to put it mildly), the way I dress and sometimes talk and all.
On the subject I seem to be replying to, I guess I chose it because Molly is my actual name, and, well, I've always thought it would be really cool to be called Molly Dogfight  Grin
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

Kapitän of the airborne assault carrier "Hermann"

« Reply #1286 on: August 10, 2011, 12:02:19 am »

Deleted Post.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 01:51:20 am by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz » Logged
Rumer
Deck Hand

@_kelsidge_
« Reply #1287 on: August 10, 2011, 10:47:48 am »

Rumer is a Romanian name that starts with the same letter as my real first name. I like it mostly because it's a homophone for 'rumour', but also because it's a lot less common than my real first name. The middle name is Elizabeth, and the last name that goes along with it is Belstaff, because I think it sounds pretty nifty.

His eyes fell upon her delicate face, the sunlight illuminating her eyes, and he said of her,
"Blimey, you're a bit smashing! Fancy a cup of tea?"
Rosetta Anderson
Gunner

« Reply #1288 on: August 11, 2011, 10:56:31 pm »

I chose "Rosetta" because it was a name from the late 1800's and it reflects that I love languages (though I've yet to learn something other than my native tongue... Embarrassed). I chose "Anderson" because it was my great-grandfather's last name. He came to the U.S. from Sweden. He was told that "Anderson" was too common a name and he would have to change his name right then and there to something a little more unusual. He chose the Finnish equivalent of "Anderson" as a joke. He was quite the colorful character and we have the newspaper clippings to prove it. He was a champion speed skater, a window-display designer (he received a letter from President Roosevelt congratulating him on winning a national window-display contest), a mountain man and he once went streaking down Main St. (in his long-johns; it made it into the paper). He and my grandfather are my role-models.
neomanga
Deck Hand

« Reply #1289 on: August 16, 2011, 05:38:45 am »

I'm new here as well, but my name has been with me for years, mainly the simple name of neo. Although I took it from the website "Neopets", not "The Matrix"!. Cheesy But I like how it means new, or could be spelled as "one".

As for the manga part of my name, I basically took it from Japanese comics in which I was inspired by to start doing art. But I don't always use manga. It's dependant on a few factors in which the second half of my name becomes.
Tito Alba
Snr. Officer

Electrospagyrist, Ethnophysiatrist & Anarchodandy

« Reply #1290 on: August 16, 2011, 09:53:39 pm »

Tito Alba: from the Latin name for a Barn Owl (Tyto Alba) and changed slightly so Tito is spelt as the forename should be.

Why a barn owl?  My real surname (Woodley) has a family crest featuring 3 silver owls on a black background:

and some people actually think I am one  Grin
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #1291 on: August 16, 2011, 10:13:38 pm »

Tito Alba: from the Latin name for a Barn Owl (Tyto Alba) and changed slightly so Tito is spelt as the forename should be.

Why a barn owl?  My real surname (Woodley) has a family crest featuring 3 silver owls on a black background:

and some people actually think I am one  Grin

I hope that doesnt mean you spend your evenings swooping out of tree's to eat field mice  Grin

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
Aeryn Halley
Deck Hand

« Reply #1292 on: August 16, 2011, 10:16:25 pm »

Aeryn Halley is my character's name. She is a physicist by profession, but her true passion is astronomy. No, she is not related to that Halley fellow. It is simply a coincidence. The first name came from her mother, who is Irish by descent.
Tito Alba
Snr. Officer

Electrospagyrist, Ethnophysiatrist & Anarchodandy

« Reply #1293 on: August 16, 2011, 10:27:46 pm »

I hope that doesnt mean you spend your evenings swooping out of tree's to eat field mice  Grin

Funny you should say that...  Tongue

('v')
(  ( )
 ^^ \
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #1294 on: August 17, 2011, 12:15:33 pm »

Funny you should say that...  Tongue

('v')
(  ( )
 ^^ \

hahaha
nikki1876
Deck Hand
England England

female into steampunk from the uk

« Reply #1295 on: August 20, 2011, 12:31:22 pm »

what  makes  a good  female  name s

n mclearie
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #1296 on: August 20, 2011, 12:39:30 pm »

what  makes  a good  female  name s

[slightly tongue-in-cheek...]
Literacy, imagination, some poetry, a touch perhaps of whimsy or humour...

Failing that Nephele has a thread here somewhere that take a jumble of your RL name and produces a SP version.
Amelia Harper
Deck Hand
Wales Wales

« Reply #1297 on: August 20, 2011, 01:18:01 pm »

Hi, I'm Amelia Harper after my great grandmother (who was the wife of a painter and decorator in real life).  My boyfriend, who has been doing this for rather longer than me, calls himself Cutter Conway.

Steampunk adventure featuring Manchester's Chinatown is now available on Smashwords!
The Ministry of Unladylike Warfare by Lesley Arrowsmith
LadyRamona
Deck Hand

« Reply #1298 on: August 23, 2011, 11:13:57 am »

My name is a conglomeration (love that word) of all my favorite names that I have collected over the ages. Ramona, I admit was sparked by Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, Galadriel... I don't know... I just picked it up somewhere and I've been using it ever since. Crispalian is actually a place mentioned fleetingly in an episode of doctor who. I loved it so i stole it away in the back of my brain until it was needed.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.
-Sir Terry Pratchett
Doctor Obsidian
Deck Hand

« Reply #1299 on: August 25, 2011, 06:06:22 am »

Dear Readers

The volcanic glass 'Obsidian' has always appeared somewhere in my log on names since the mid 90's.

The Doctor part  was just a title to make it sound more Steampunkish.

Kindest regards

Doctor Obsidian
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: