The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 07, 2019, 02:08:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona names  (Read 203362 times)
Nell Burke
Deck Hand
United States United States

orphan, stowaway on the Meridian airship

« Reply #1200 on: May 21, 2011, 12:29:32 am »

Nell Burke, orphan, who now lives with a nutty Professor, working together to create a time machine.

I have lists and lists of names, compiled from everywhere - actors, friends, maps. Whenever I see a name I like, I jot it down. The name Nell Burke isn't anything special, but I'm writing a steampunk story, and the rest of the names should be pretty interesting.

IrmaGeddon
Deck Hand
England England

mooncinder
« Reply #1201 on: May 21, 2011, 11:49:45 pm »

Irma Geddon was the name of my mad scientist character's long-suffering minion in a steampunk roleplaying game I was a part of. My character's name was Doctor Terrible but I though Irma Geddon sounded better (I dressed as Doctor Terrible for last year's Weekend at the Asylum though).
TVC15
Zeppelin Admiral

Extremely hazardous...have some?

« Reply #1202 on: May 22, 2011, 01:56:04 am »

Mine was given to me by an earth bound misfit passing by.

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...
Buck Sprocket
Deck Hand

« Reply #1203 on: May 22, 2011, 04:16:56 pm »

My Grand Parents had nick named me "Buckey" as a very young lad, and it holds a special meaning for me. When I was trying to find a surname to follow it up, my wife suggested "Sprocket". "Buck Sprocket" had a similar ring to "Buck Rodgers" in my mind, and made the perfect name for a semi-respectable, treasure seeking, airship pirate such as myslef. Now the whole family has adopted the name of "Sprocket".
Mr Blu Skies
Swab

« Reply #1204 on: May 23, 2011, 06:38:19 am »

It came from some artwork I've done, plus a tv show gave me that ideal call 'Probe'. A boy painted himself blue and got up on the roof of a house, why cause he wanted to be different... The character in my artwork is the same way..

David J Harmon aka Mr Blu Skies
Fifi_Fatal
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Fifi_Fatal
« Reply #1205 on: May 23, 2011, 04:28:40 pm »

My full persona name is Josephine Patricia Ozzard, with the nickname Fifi Fatal (Fifi being short for Joesephine, and originally a name I was dubbed with in college) Jo was my mums name when she used to follow bands around coming from the song Jo the waitress, Patricia is my middle name so no change there, and Ozzard was my Nan's maiden name, from whom her grandfather Harold Ozzard owned an Apothecary in Winchester, and worked and helped Edward Jenna with his research with smallpox and penicillin, so I only assumed it right to create my character as an Apothecary which is where the Fatal part came in due to the work with toxins; and raiding my Nan and her brothers lofts and garages in the process of creation.

Josephine Patricia Ozzard of Ozzard's Apothecary at your service.
Wealthy Brown
Deck Hand

« Reply #1206 on: May 25, 2011, 11:36:46 pm »

Teresinia Ravenstone, courtesy of Nephele's anagram creation. Smiley The name really speaks to me. I'm thinking chrononaut but I really do not know enough about all of this to be certain. Reading and learning.

Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative. - H. G. Wells
Guinevere Meander
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1207 on: May 26, 2011, 05:03:36 am »

Very spiffy hat and great glasses, I must note!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 05:06:16 am by Guinevere Meander » Logged

"...it was here just a minute ago!"  Motto of the lovely Lady Guinevere Meander
Wealthy Brown
Deck Hand

« Reply #1208 on: May 26, 2011, 12:52:08 pm »

Why thank you! Smiley The glasses are actually prescription. Smiley

They come from Jas Townsend. Please pardon the fact my bodice is not on in that photo. I'm shameless, don't you know. Wink

Lady Ravenstone hehehehe Wink

Guinevere Meander
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1209 on: May 26, 2011, 01:41:24 pm »

Good to know...about the glasses, I mean........... Grin
Anyhoooooo: a belated welcome to the forum, have a cup'a tea and grab a cookie, please find a comfy spot somewhere and get situated.
Guin
Dove
Officer

« Reply #1210 on: May 26, 2011, 02:54:23 pm »

Mine's Allisa CannonMadd curtsey of Nephele I was quite happy with the result since I was thinking of being an airship pirate! and what do pirates like more then loot? Nothing, but cannons are a close second! Grin I quite like it much more then any old made up name off some site ect. since it was made FOR me and from part of me (my name after all)

Augustus von Keiler
Gunner
Poland Poland

« Reply #1211 on: May 27, 2011, 03:12:40 pm »

Augustus von Keiler, or, using his full name, Percival Augustus von Keiler zu Schuttenbach is a persona I used to play in an role-playing campaign (a kind of spirit hunter modeled after Carnacki with a dash of mad scientist and stalkers from the novel of Brothers Strugacky). I like to put some allusions and puns in the names of my characters, so this one consists of foreign variant of my real name, my nickname translated into German and a name of the local folk-metal rock band.
Lt. Thomas Corvidae
Snr. Officer

Gentleman Artist and Collector of Curious Things

« Reply #1212 on: May 30, 2011, 05:42:01 am »

So, I know I have posted on here previously with my persona. But....I think I may have MSD (Multiple Steamsona Disorder). There is Lt. Thomas Corvidae, former airship crewman turned Mercenary Time Traveler. Then Dr. Edward Matthews who is the inventor/tinkerer who created the device which Lt. Thomas Corvidae uses in his temporal travels. Then there is the dark and often morbid gentleman-artist Mr. Albion McCobb.

Does anyone else have this problem?

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
Guinevere Meander
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1213 on: May 30, 2011, 06:55:25 am »

ME! ME! ME! ME!

Me, myself and I, we are in a constant struggle..You see, the Lady Guinevere Meander is the daughter of a family of high standings, but with a VERY ill repute (see my post in "introduce yourself"). She is sometimes  absent-minded and is looked upon within her family as somewhat ditsy.

Another persona (unnamed for obvious reasons) is an actress/dancer/spy ala Mata-Hari. (I chose her persona for her guts and also her close proximity to my birth-place.) She fearlessly overcomes and or fights borders, enemies, air-krakens and the like or worse,and is best suited to scout and venture into unknown territory, be it space or mind, she is a tinkerer and black-marketeer, will never forget a face (unlike her real life person Angry); her credentials are based on flawless transitions from one territory to another, the ability to converse in several languages fluently, and to be a fearless faker. She plays her assets and her looks to con, and does so very sucessfully.....proof?......nobody has caught her yet, she is still at large and therefore very active!

There are others, but after some indepth conversations, we decided not to offer further details at this time. Cool
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 07:00:37 am by Guinevere Meander » Logged
Sulla
Snr. Officer

Full of steam, young in punk.

« Reply #1214 on: May 31, 2011, 05:53:04 pm »

Was reading Coleen McCullough’s Rome series way back when and got interested in her characterization of her version of the historical figure Lucius Cornelius Sulla.  A real wild character but also a mean and cruel one. 

Anyways, he made for good reading and got me interested in all kinds of things from armoring, to fiction writing, to historical reenactment, etc.  I just started using ‘Sulla’ as my moniker on all kinds of forums including this one.  I even used variations of the name for roll playing characters.

-Andy
Jack Harkness
Gunner
Iceland Iceland

« Reply #1215 on: June 02, 2011, 10:19:27 am »

Jack Harkness is a Time agent gone rogue and teamed up with The Doctor and then Torchwood from the series Doctor Who and Torchwood
I always felt a connection to that character, not because of my sexuality or appearance, and felt that i could and would look good in a waistcoat sporting a pocketwatch and a lovely jacket, wich I do by the way, and so i did what possible here in iceland.
Penelope Fenwicke
Deck Hand

« Reply #1216 on: June 02, 2011, 11:43:51 pm »

My persona name came from a very dear novelist friend Richard Lee Byers.  I was entering a pvc steampunk outfit in a masquerade, and wanted an intro for the competition.  He came up with Penelope Fenwicke, a cross - dimensional traveller. 

I did the costume back in 2004 before there was really much of a steampunk subculture, so that didn't enter into it.  I have been doing re-creation historic costumes for a couple decades, and wanted to make something out of a non-historical fabric for a change of pace

Archibald loughlin
Deck Hand

Today thou shalt be with me in paradise."

« Reply #1217 on: June 10, 2011, 06:03:39 am »

Flt Lt. Archibald Loughlin is a character I created for my steampunk alter ego. he is an old brithish pilot

Father Archibald Loughlin
Katanya
Swab

« Reply #1218 on: June 11, 2011, 03:57:43 pm »

Hi my name is Susanne. I am trying to post about some pictures that were taken of me and my cousin at the Steampunk Expo in Dearborn last month. They were taken at the masquerade ball by Davroz 451. They were supposed to be on photobucket but we have not seen them yet! We really would like to see them. Do you know where we would find them on line, they are not on Photobucket, do you know where we might find pics by davros 451 taken at the ball! We only see the Necto pictures there!
SPBrewer
Zeppelin Captain

Sky Pirate Brewer

« Reply #1219 on: June 12, 2011, 02:38:16 am »

My initials and last name is SPBrewer.
I started with SP being Steam Punk thus in very early posts you will find me using  "SteamPunk Brewer".
Later I realized that SP could also be Sky Pirate, so I switched to "Sky Pirate Brewer".
Then I noticed that I could not find anybody else using a Sky Pirate Persona, so I shortened it to just "The Sky Pirate".  It was about this time that I combined the Skull and Cross bones with an Airship Pilots wings from WWI and made my trademark Sky Pirate Wings!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it, unless captured by the Evil Empire, then I'll plead the 5th.  Smiley
My Airship the "Queen Victoria's Revenge" is of course in reference to Black Beards ship the  "Queen Anne's Revenge".
  Oh, my ICON is a screen grab from a Documentary I was in titled "Pirates of the Carolinas".  We won an Emmy for that production!  See: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1150936/combined
So, you see I actually am a pirate!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:59:39 am by SPBrewer » Logged

The Sky Pirate
Captain of the "Queen Victoria's Revenge"

Eli_Rigger
Gunner

In chaos there is opertunity.

« Reply #1220 on: June 12, 2011, 06:48:12 pm »

Eli Rigger Formerly Lt. Riggs of Her majesty's army, had a nasty run-in with a court marshal sometime back. Something about jeopardizing the crown or what have you. The reason? Cause I love the name Eli and rigging things to work that wouldn't otherwise. I have used the name Eli several times in other stuff and just like it. NOTE: I used this name before The Book of Eli" film came out.

God will understand. And if He does not, then He is not God. And we need not worry.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #1221 on: June 13, 2011, 01:49:42 am »

Eli Rigger Formerly Lt. Riggs of Her majesty's army, had a nasty run-in with a court marshal sometime back. Something about jeopardizing the crown or what have you. The reason? Cause I love the name Eli and rigging things to work that wouldn't otherwise. I have used the name Eli several times in other stuff and just like it. NOTE: I used this name before The Book of Eli" film came out.

There was an older western, cannot for the life of me remember what the name was, had a preacherman in it by the name of Eli...

There's one bit where he gets a bit blasted, hillarity ensues...

Sorry, just the ramblings of a young man on fond memories!

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
Cordelia Cook
Deck Hand

« Reply #1222 on: June 17, 2011, 10:01:45 pm »

Hehe I used the Steampunk Name Generator.

I happened to really like what came out Wink
Roslyn Walker
Deck Hand

Two times World record breaking escape artist

« Reply #1223 on: June 20, 2011, 01:27:27 am »

The origins of my name are too complex to go in to here, but for those of you who are mega interested in how it came about please feel free to pm me and I'll explain.

Bogle
Deck Hand

« Reply #1224 on: June 26, 2011, 05:49:26 am »

Bogle is actually my last name. It means goblin, so I've always thought that was pretty cool.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: