The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 04, 2021, 04:19:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tea is changing my Life!  (Read 1015 times)
Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« on: July 03, 2014, 04:06:15 pm »

That's right.  Drinking tea has and is changing my life. I'm an old guy and for most of my adult life I have lived on Coca-Cola.  Usually drinking three 16 ounce bottles per day if not more, a lot more at times.  Over the past few years I have had a few health problems, including high blood pressure.  My doctor told me to loose weight, but all my attempts at dieting were short lived and unsuccessful.  At the end of January of this year I decided it was time to really do something dramatic so I quit drinking Coke almost cold turkey.  I switched to unsweetened ice tea as my main go to drink.  Not diet, but unsweetened.  Since January I have lost 15 pounds and my blood pressure has dropped from 140/100 to 125/75.  The rest of my diet has not changed much.  I still eat a lot of junk food, just got rid of the Coke.

So you see drinking tea has and is changing my life for better.  Remember there is no Steam or Steampunk without TEA.

Plutus Sar
Officer

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 04:29:20 pm »

Good for you!!

At the beginning of the year I was very overweight and flirting with high blood pressure - in the same range as you.

I dropped soda (mostly Mountain Dew, sometimes 3-4 a day) back at the first of the year - now I drink only tea and water (and lots of it).  I also began eating a sensible lunch, cut back on dinner portion size, and added a little exercise (very little).  I virtually eliminated snacks (something you might consider - I don't miss them anymore). As of July 1, I have dropped 48 pounds!!!!!!! I am so very happy.  I still have a way to go to get to where I want to be, but I think I'll make it this time.  

Hooray for you!  Hooray for us!  Grin  

Hooray for TEA!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:16:19 pm by Plutus Sar » Logged

"The problem is not that I was born in the wrong time, but that I should have been born in a time which has never existed..."
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 05:16:58 pm »

Wow!  Nicely done.
MarcusJuliusCroft
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 05:36:34 pm »

Tea is good, much better than if you were to have coffee and such.  Tea is wonderful and Welcome to the tea drinking ranks and I hope you are here to stay!

I am what I am because I am, an Entrepreneur, Villain, Student and Mastermind
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 11:22:37 am »

Sounds more like getting rid of coke is what changed your life. Why would you ever drink so much of that?

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 12:26:12 pm »

Sounds more like getting rid of coke is what changed your life. Why would you ever drink so much of that?

Taste?  Addiction?

Tea gave me something to drink instead of the coke.  While I also drink water, juice and milk, the coke served a purpose that the tea now does.  I generally only now have two tea drinks a day.  I have replaced the third coke with water.
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 02:07:55 pm »

Nice to hear!

Getting older is a lot of work.
I try to drink tea whenever I get the chance, but it's mainly water for me. I don't like drinking hot stuff and if I wait for the tea to cool down I forget that I even made it! Tongue

And anything with High Fructose is not a good idea, of course.

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 05:11:34 pm »

Nice to hear!

I try to drink tea whenever I get the chance, but it's mainly water for me. I don't like drinking hot stuff and if I wait for the tea to cool down I forget that I even made it! Tongue

A big factor was finding that Pepsi makes an unsweetened tea.  Having it cold and bottled is very convenient, especially when I am on the road or at a show.  Usually 7-11 has it and most grocery stores sell 6 packs. 
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 02:59:26 pm »

Nice to hear!

A big factor was finding that Pepsi makes an unsweetened tea.  Having it cold and bottled is very convenient, especially when I am on the road or at a show.  Usually 7-11 has it and most grocery stores sell 6 packs. 

Glad to hear you made the switch but dear sir, try Twinings Earl Gray (Hot). It is the only tea I can drink without milk and sugar (which I hope you also gave up sugar?)

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 06:48:39 pm »

Cold, pre-made tea? Don't mention that in the "I'm so steampunk..." thread.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 07:50:56 pm »

Avoid cold caned green tea.
Yuck, how do people drink that stuff!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 08:12:19 pm »

Avoid cold caned green tea.
Yuck, how do people drink that stuff!

Convenience and cost, mostly. That said, though, I do agree it's not up to "homebrewed" standards. I particularly enjoy the result of dropping a bag in a bottle of supermarket bottled water (oh yes, it does fit through the neck, too, if you poke it just right) and putting it in the sun on the windowsill for a few hours*...

*It's called sun tea, and it's been around at least since the invention of teabags, probably long before.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 02:44:21 am »

No cans, that is for sure.

The pepsi version in a bottle is actually pretty good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: