The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 08, 2021, 07:53:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for boots  (Read 903 times)
Sebastian Gaunt
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

I have the key to the TARDIS!

« on: May 25, 2014, 06:57:16 pm »

Hello, I am looking for some men's brown, preferably leather, knee high boots but not having much luck with a general internet search. Size 9. Anyone got any suggestions? (not the new rock steampunk boots). Thanks.

"The fastest way to travel is by Gaslight"
Sludge Van Diesel
Zeppelin Captain
England England

SteampunkDJ.co.uk

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 07:36:10 pm »

Polo or riding / hunting boots?

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish

www.steampunkdj.co.uk  Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SteampunkDJ & Facebook https://www.facebook.com/steampunkdj
IGetPwnedOften
Snr. Officer

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 08:19:37 pm »

You might consider as a less expensive alternative a pair of Chelsea type boots (not sure where that came from - when I was younger they were called "Dealer Boots") and a pair of riding gaiters, maybe along these lines.

Here's a pic from the listing to give you an idea:

"Geoffrey, take their coats. No, not up the tree..."
FenrisWolf
Officer

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 09:26:23 pm »

You might consider as a less expensive alternative a pair of Chelsea type boots (not sure where that came from - when I was younger they were called "Dealer Boots") and a pair of riding gaiters, maybe along these lines.

I like them... Never seen this sort of thing before. But, just checked the sizes and the biggest is 16" calf. Mine are nearly 18" due to years of cycling Sad

Fenris Wolf
Iconographic Capturer of Ætheric Personalities™
www.fenrisoswin.com 
IGetPwnedOften
Snr. Officer

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 11:30:10 am »

Oh, they're certainly designed for those of a more delicate physique, not the likes of you and I, Mr. Oswin  Grin
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 02:32:45 pm »

Oh, they're certainly designed for those of a more delicate physique, not the likes of you and I, Mr. Oswin  Grin

I have two pairs of those. One black, one brown. They  certainly look the business when paired with the appropriate ankle boots. However you are quite right about the calf sizes. I got the largest they had and they were a bit of a squeeze to get on back when I got them (nearly 6 years ago now). I've put on weight since then and my calves  have grown. I can still get into them but they are a real struggle and I can only wear them for a few hours tops as they tend to stop the blood circulation. Ifyou're fairly slim, though, they are quite a good way of getting that 'riding boot' look (provided you  can find a pair of ankle boots in the same shade of brown).

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: