The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 09, 2021, 07:36:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got invited to a steampunk ball... help!  (Read 1825 times)
George Salt
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 08:53:17 am »

Looks like a good base, I suspect the hat needs to be fixed on a tilt to avoid the William Tell look!

A few accessories will set that outfit off nicely - perhaps a lapel watch (aka nurse's watch),a broach, or a chatelaine?
Desidus
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2014, 08:30:46 pm »

She is getting a butterfly necklace to go with it today... other than that. I will mention the rest to her...
Rory B Esq BSc
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2014, 09:05:51 pm »

Looks fine, I go to steampunk events dressed as a late 1800's factory union organizer / radical type and no one bats an eyelid. The only essential rule in steampunk is to enjoy yourself being part of it.
Desidus
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2014, 06:17:24 am »

Rory.. yep I got that. I think that if I go to another one I will add two arm mounted grappling hooks connected to a pressure tank on the back for the fun of it. Cheesy
Desidus
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 01:41:08 am »

Thank you all... the steam punk went well. Got the masks finished in time and they looked pretty good (though my hat and mask didn't really fit. lol) Still got compliments on it and even more when they found out how thrifty me and my wife were. lol. Smiley Appreciate all the help and commentary... maybe there will be another event that I will be able to utilize those ideas.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: