The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 08, 2021, 07:37:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small towns laughing stock :'(  (Read 3708 times)
Heckler
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2014, 10:28:59 am »

As yereverluvinunclebert said and Yves Saint Laurent so nicely summed up:

“Fashions fade, style is eternal.”

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The Call of Cthulhu"
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2014, 03:58:33 pm »

@ ForestB: ah yes, a stay at home mom. One of the most important, yet least appreciated jobs in the world. It is you women who have - to a very large degree - the awesome responsibility of shaping the future. I only hope that your family, and others, value your efforts sufficiently, and that all of you mothers out there had a great Mother's Day.

I was a single dad for almost twenty years (mostly during his teen years) and know that it can be quite a job. Looking back I can rejoice in the fact that he turned out pretty darn good, in *spite* of my many blunders. 

Respectfully submitted,
Ian S.

Thanks for the kudos, although now I'm working part time at a fabrics store, but raising my boys is still my primary job. And I did have a good Mothers Day, I watched my oldest sing the National Anthem at a baseball game with his chorus!

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
creagmor
Zeppelin Captain
South Africa South Africa

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2014, 04:10:01 pm »

Great!

“Love is an emotional thing, and whatever is emotional is opposed to that cold true reason which I place above all things.” Sherlock Holmes, in The Sign of Four.
VampirateMace
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Mein Hexapod

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2014, 05:39:25 am »

Being from a town too small to have a 'Wally World' I get it, it's hard when it feels like everyone's ganging up on you for being yourself. Best thing I could find to do was own it, so what if I'm 'Bat Lady' now, it was my favorite hat.

Funny now folks think church is one of the best places to gossip, seeing how the Bible instructs against gossip.

Desidus
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2014, 06:37:11 am »

Eh... big town, little town, fat town, skinny town... Don't really matter there are always judgemental people. In a small town it's just a little more noticeable cause everyone knows everyone. However that said... a lot of times our own actions force the issue and make it worse than it would be normally. We think everyone is judging us and so we act like it and they respond to that attitude. It's easy to judge other peoples actions without judging our own, but it often is either wrong or incomplete.

Every town has at least some cool people in it. Also remember that by human nature that which we don't understand we fear, so if you help them understand then you can rid that fear and help them accept. It's not easy, but it's often worthwhile.

At least that is my two cents... might not be worth the two cents but you got it for free anyways. Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: