The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 10, 2018, 07:05:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Cabaret In North Hollywood!  (Read 970 times)
MishaPeach
Swab

United States United States

« on: April 13, 2014, 06:08:37 am »

Ladies and gentlemen of Los Angeles,
Greetings and Salutations! Welcome aboard the hottest new Airship in town: The SF Awesome!
Join Misha Reeves, Joey Bybee, Lee Huff, Dionna Veremis, Matt Valle, and Alvin Forbes as they take you on a musical adventure of AWESOMENESS. Make sure to show up in your finest steampunk attire to impress your fellow travelers.
Enjoy our absinthe bar, amazing vendors and nonstop live entertainment.
April 28th, 8PM, Upstairs at Vitello's

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=4157354

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 06:13:48 am by MishaPeach » Logged
MishaPeach
Swab

United States United States

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 06:18:09 am »

Here's what Clifford Bell of 'Cararabia' had to say about our last show:

"ABSINTHE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER: A CABARET AWESOME SELFIE"

JACKIE GIBSON (freshly back from Europe) and I, immortalized ourselves in a selfie in front of the Absinthe bar at Jazz Upstairs at Vitello's for tonight's return performance of "CABARET AWESOME"...

it was a first for both of us and we had a great time...Jackie's observation was that it was like the early days of the cult band "OINGO BOINGO".....a fully theatrical experience with characters and costumes and props and dancing and sex and booze and rock and roll and rap.....

My observation is that it is what happens when heterosexual men produce Cabaret...

JOEY BYBEE and LEE HUFF, lead a very talented cast through all kinds of shenanigans that would definitely appeal to a young, hip crowd....I particularly liked "SHAKE YOUR ASS"....(yes, I actually did)

and I loved the unexpected finale of Pharell's "HAPPY"....

It was....dare I say it......AWESOME.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: