The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 09, 2021, 08:11:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A TOP SECRET self-defense item for the discerning gentleman.  (Read 1108 times)
Cain McFaydon
Gunner
United States United States

Mercenary Grenadier

« on: March 03, 2014, 04:01:03 am »

Greetings from the workshop ladies and gentlemen! I have here before you, the prototype of a new self-defense and espionage device: The Tiger Cane MK1!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This single shot "hand canon" is powered by a single high pressure steam reservoir and is fired by a spring-returned push button. The narrowed barrel and flared muzzle make for a devastating impact that can even punch holes in brass plates at close range. Due to the nature of the smaller reservoir, the Tiger Cane MK1 can only fire 3-4 shots before requiring recharging. All this and it still serves as the discerning gentleman's walking cane.

So I had a few spare parts and through this together today. Its still missing the reservoir fitting but that should be fixed later tonight. The varnish and end cap will have to wait for a bit I guess but it's mostly complete. I started it out as a steam assisted crochet mallet but I thought that might be seen as cheating. Seeing as I have no real use for it, does anyone need a good walking prop?

Be thankful for life's little miracles. <3
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

09madasafish
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:09:12 pm »

I started it out as a steam assisted crochet mallet but I thought that might be seen as cheating.

Crochet? I always though that was done with a needle/hook. I don't suppose you mean croquet?

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
Cain McFaydon
Gunner

Mercenary Grenadier

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 04:32:21 pm »

... We spell it the other way now. its... trendy? Embarrassed  But at least you had a general idea of what I was saying. Wink Bully for you!
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 05:24:22 pm »

... We spell it the other way now. its... trendy? Embarrassed  But at least you had a general idea of what I was saying. Wink Bully for you!

If you say so sir, though I don't think many of the members here could be described as 'trendy' for anything after 1896.

Although, nice bit of kit you've got there.
Cain McFaydon
Gunner

Mercenary Grenadier

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 05:37:57 pm »

It was more of the royal we to be sure. And who knows anything about trends anyway? Last time I checked with "the stylish", Clothing styles were reverting as far back to the late fifties. Who's to say these fine people aren't just ahead of the curve?

And thanks. It was a moment of tinkering gone well.
CaptainMonty
Deck Hand

Ships might Fly

CaptAMB
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 06:36:21 pm »

Greetings from the workshop ladies and gentlemen! I have here before you, the prototype of a new self-defense and espionage device: The Tiger Cane MK1!

This single shot "hand canon" is powered by a single high pressure steam reservoir and is fired by a spring-returned push button. The narrowed barrel and flared muzzle make for a devastating impact that can even punch holes in brass plates at close range. Due to the nature of the smaller reservoir, the Tiger Cane MK1 can only fire 3-4 shots before requiring recharging. All this and it still serves as the discerning gentleman's walking cane.

So I had a few spare parts and through this together today. Its still missing the reservoir fitting but that should be fixed later tonight. The varnish and end cap will have to wait for a bit I guess but it's mostly complete. I started it out as a steam assisted crochet mallet but I thought that might be seen as cheating. Seeing as I have no real use for it, does anyone need a good walking prop?

I hate to be a bad sport, but one would surely burn the hands on the exposed brass when it heats.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: