The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 09, 2021, 08:20:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Colour co ordination advice  (Read 772 times)
Susannah
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: February 16, 2014, 06:38:02 am »

I have some navy sodiers trousers, navy with red stripe and a waistcoat almost identical blue and red. I will probably have to put it over Victorian style high collar ladies shirt - white, as I don't have anything else at the moment. However the question is this, do I go for a plain red or blue army beret / cap or is there somethjng else out there which might add a little more. 'Steampunk' interest do you think ?

I have a red bowler., but I am just wondering if there might be a cometely different hat style - and not in the obvious red or blue which might add a little more interest.

Any ideas?
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:56:08 am »

The bowler could work  or  a military cap in  blue , black , grey  or khaki      

Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:24:05 am »

I may try a military cap in navy, though I am thinking the trousers and waistcoat together look quite formal. In which case a navy bowler may be the way to go.

(I am keeping my eyes out though for ex royal marine headgear on e bay as it occurs to me they have this colour scheme)
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 02:12:56 am »

After a bit of a search I came across a Scottish glen garry hat in navy and red which would be great. As is formal but not as formal as a cap. That will also go with long blue ref plaid skirt u have.
Saying that I then came across a woman's marines band hat but it is a cm too small so I am asking seller if there is any give in it. I can be a bandsman with my bugle and fife. I wonder what a steampunk bugle call would sound like ?!

I will still find a navy bowler though as I think that Would always be useful.

There are not many navy bowlers around though I have to say. And as far as the one bowler I have and 2 coachman hats of different colours - I do like then plain. I think some ribbons is about as much decoration as they are going to get but I don't think that really matters.

The slightly silly thing is I started out a couple of months ago wanting to be a Victorian golf caddy. That outfit has the most props. Every thing else is hats, Jewelry and medals (still to be made). Ny Victorian Salvation Army uniform I think will be good though. I even hope to have a tambourine there ( with my bugle of course.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: