The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 08, 2021, 07:08:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Captain's new shirt.  (Read 1041 times)
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« on: February 15, 2014, 09:50:06 pm »

I felt that my old shirt would not be contrasty enough when converted to B&W so I got a new one. This shirt cost me £23!

However, I can't help think that maybe I'm starting to look like a cowboy instead of an airship captain turned bounty hunter.

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Arabella Periscope
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Edwardian summer

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 05:43:50 am »

Let's see the collar  . . .

Kenneth: 'If you're so hot, you can tell me how to say she has ideas above her station.'
Brian:'Oh yes, I forgot. It's fairly easy, old boy.
Elle a des idees au-dessus de sa gare.'
Kenneth: 'Idiot.  It's not that kind of station.'

Terence Rattigan 'French Without Tears.'
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 08:39:56 am »

Let's see the collar  . . .

There isn't one, its a collarless (grandad) shirt.
Arabella Periscope
Zeppelin Captain

Edwardian summer

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 08:43:33 am »

Yep.  A cowboy.  Wild, Wild West.  How about some wings on a medal or some military buttons?
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 01:34:46 pm »

Yep.  A cowboy.  Wild, Wild West.  How about some wings on a medal or some military buttons?

I have some little compass decorations but can't work out how to fix them without sowing them on (which I really do not want.)
Have bee looking a badges with wings.
frances
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 09:57:31 pm »

It is the hat and lack of steamy decoration on the waistcoat that makes it look rather western.  I'm not saying 'stick on a couple of cogs' but at the moment the whole thing is a little featureless.
Arabella Periscope
Zeppelin Captain

Edwardian summer

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 11:58:30 pm »

Yes, it is definitely the hat.  And an airman might have some goggles, and maybe a white silk scarf.
Sludge Van Diesel
Zeppelin Captain
England England

SteampunkDJ.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 12:59:53 am »

Needs a flying helmet  Wink

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish

www.steampunkdj.co.uk  Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SteampunkDJ & Facebook https://www.facebook.com/steampunkdj
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 02:06:11 pm »

Oddly, I have almost an identical waistcoat, mine being just a tad darker.  Smiley

If you don't mind attacking the waistcoat, you could add small loops of leather for holding tools (wrenches, etc). That should bring the look back to 'engineering' rather than 'cowpoke'.  Plan to do something similar with mine (when I lose enough weight to fit in it again).

SS

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 10:33:56 pm »

Thanks All,
I have some compass decorations to go on it and at some point this year will have a shoulder harness for a colt 1851 spirit killer (THe winchesters would die to have my gun) which will be engraved with the snarling face of a warewolf!

Never though about tools but think of a tool belt!
Camellia Wingnut
Snr. Officer
United States Minor Outlying Islands United States Minor Outlying Islands

Take my camel, dear. . . .

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 09:40:12 am »

My Dear Captain,
Am I the only reader who hears an echo of "The Emperor's New Clothes"? Please remember to actually wear the shirt.
The tool belt has many intriguing possibilities, especially in regard to the special use for each tool. Could you design unique tools for, say, squid-skinning (sorry, ugh!), hostile zeppelin-puncturing, &c.? A bounty hunter could certainly use some sort of slingshot with a set of sharpened spinning cogs. . . .
Dear me, perhaps a whiff of smelling salts is in order.
C.W.

Take my camel, dear, said my aunt Camellia, climbing down from that animal on her return from high mass. The camel, a white Arabian Dhalur (single hump) from the famous herd of the Ruola tribe, had been a parting present, its saddle-bags stuffed with low-carat [sic] gold and flashy orient gems, from a rich desert tycoon. . . .
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 11:45:06 am »

My Dear Captain,
Am I the only reader who hears an echo of "The Emperor's New Clothes"? Please remember to actually wear the shirt.
My good lady, I was wareing that on thursday night at a pub in Bristol! (minus the gun!)
The tool belt has many intriguing possibilities, especially in regard to the special use for each tool. Could you design unique tools for, say, squid-skinning (sorry, ugh!), hostile zeppelin-puncturing, &c.? A bounty hunter could certainly use some sort of slingshot with a set of sharpened spinning cogs. . . .
Dear me, perhaps a whiff of smelling salts is in order.
C.W.

Ah...well... The belt will have a sword on it and 2nd gun holster, but as to what else, time is not on my side and I haven't been able to think up ideas for it. Sad

And need to craft a pouch to hold the fragile crystal cartridges.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: