The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 08, 2021, 06:57:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with finding a pattern  (Read 693 times)
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« on: February 09, 2014, 01:46:32 pm »

Basically, I'm hoping to make a high-waisted skirt with a partial pleat. Problem is, the fabric store nearby shut down, and the only option is to go online for patterns. Therein lies another problem. There are no patterns for larger waisted women like myself. I have 45" hips and a 37" waist.
So I need help with finding a pattern that's suitable.
Any suggestions?

Ginny Audriana Irondust Moravia. Pleased t' meet ya.
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 10:06:31 pm »

Check vintage and retro patterns. .  Check the  charity and op shops for patterns, many of them have a big draw or box of  treasures. Check  on line and  the local library for information on pattern making and pattern adjusting, most patterns can be  adjusted relatively simply.

I would not have presumed your more curvaceous figure  was unusual . Keep looking and you will find  something that is "just the ticket".

These skirts had a  resurgence in popularity in the mid 80s  if that  helps narrow the search
Wilhelm Smydle
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 12:17:18 am »

Reconstructinghistory.com and patterns of time may have something.

Reconstructing history takes suggestions and usually responds to customer service questions in a day or two. Though it can take longer if they are at an event.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: