The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 08, 2021, 08:37:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General J E B Stuart and Col. Sir Julius Hawthorne (retd.)  (Read 683 times)
PitYak Studios
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« on: February 08, 2014, 10:05:03 pm »

General J E B Stuart and Col. Sir Julius Hawthorne (retd.) discussing the finer points of Brasstech sidearms.

It was Rugby Sevens in Wellington this weekend, when all of Wellington gets dressed up in (very poor last minute) costumes. This is the night we go out to show them how it should be done. A half dozen or so of our very irregular group got together and it looks we might finally be getting some regular steampunk meets sorted out.

This is the only costume I have ever worn more than once because, let's face it, it's a beauty. Every year the uneducated masses mistake me for a pirate, this year I was referred to as:

A pirate (predictably)
Captain Hook (which is basically a pirate again)
Captain Cook (which I presume was just a brain stumble on behalf of the drunken commentator)
Zorro (which is frankly bizarre)
and Colonel Custer (which i had to admit was a pretty good guess)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:09:12 pm by PitYak Studios » Logged

pakled05
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 10:47:57 pm »

my condolences...it's hard enough to get people to even save their Confederate money around these parts...Wink Seriously though, what sort of hat is that? I'm not familiar with it, but the uniform looks spot-on. I honestly am curious, I'm familiar with the 'kepi type' and even the Hardee (I think) version, but not this one. Always willing to learn more about the Lost Cause...

Don't feel bad; I once wore a Star Trek TNG uniform on Halloween to work, and one of the 'children' thought it was from Star Wars...barbarians...Wink
PitYak Studios
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 11:11:09 pm »

the hat is my copy of J E B's original, as is the rest of the kit, with brassy add-ons

(the original is obviously quite old and faded now, so the original colour is hard to prove, some say butternut, some say blue/grey. I went for grey as it is the most iconic)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: