The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
February 27, 2021, 07:37:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transforming war bride suit  (Read 5246 times)
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2014, 05:13:04 pm »

Lady Sue-Han Gray?

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Susannah
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2014, 06:21:26 pm »

All useful thank you very much - though makes my thought process ever more complicated. I don't want to drop Susannah entirely - but would like a title - but my name is going to get ever longer ( and I thought Susannah was a long enough name as it was!)
Felix Fixler
Gunner

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2014, 07:04:11 pm »

On BG I go by plain Felix Fixler but my full title is Count Felix Alexavia Von Fixler and my Alias is the Black Kraken. There are no rules (as far as im aware) about name length. I left it deliberately simple on here just in case I wanted to change occupation from gentleman of leisure to something like a chimney sweep, or sky pirate. I now know I will always be the Count, it just fits my style and personality. You will suss it too Susannah I am sure of that Smiley

Count Felix Alexavia Von Fixler
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2014, 07:22:39 pm »

Yes I will - or I will get bored thinking about it!

(I am trying to type this and stroke casa at the same time. Everytime I stop stroking she turns to look at me - as if to say. 'I didn't give  you permission to  stop!)
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2014, 08:38:55 pm »

Actually thinking about casa - as she is my guide dog I wondered about using her in my title somehow. Victorians valued their dogs and used them as status symbols. Maybe their is a way I can revolve my name around her.
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2014, 08:44:37 pm »

But 'canis et mulier' is not much of a name or title
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2014, 09:30:28 pm »

Or Canem et Dominae
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2014, 09:52:38 pm »

While my own real name is moderately steampunk ,  I do prefer a non de plume. Hurricane  Annie is closer  than other names I uses on non related boards. 

.....and probably a little more lady like

Susannah lends itself to  so many pretty permutations.

Casa  ?? Cassy , Cassiopeia ( queen of Greek mythology and star constellation), Countessa / infanta Susannah  Casa del mar ( or other spanish title and castle )
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2014, 10:24:20 pm »

Trouble is I won't be called sue or suzie - I thump my brothers and sisters if they call me that - or worse.

It is casa - my dogs name. Guide dogs named her, but I know is Spanish for house ( I get to talk about her being in the dog house!)

Admittedly you lost me a little in what you were suggesting . ( my Spanish wasn't up to it !)

Casa is a Spanish word I know and infanta means princess ? - but there you lost me !

I do want to be of ruling classes (because that's the best place to spy!! ) so I need a title. I am assuming you meant infanta Susannah as the title ?? But then how did Casa change from a dog to a castle ?
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2014, 10:26:50 pm »

I have to say I like 'hurricane Annie' it's inventive yet simple. as you see I am tying myself up in knots with my thoughts
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2014, 12:47:40 am »

Decision for now ......

I shall have to stick with 'Susannah' as that seems to be what I am registered as and seems Impossible to change. But as I am a spy I shall use either lady or countess lily ( which is better lady or countess, sound wise). Lily is the choice as I am a spy and lily is what the name Susannah means so it's sort of a code. The tea element has gone unless I can be lady / countess lily t. (Surname) but I can't think of aristocratic tea sounding surname just now.

but at least that's a start of a decision.

Poor old casa will just have to keep her name to herself . That idea didn't take
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2014, 09:02:15 pm »

You can come up with a better, longer name and let people know what you've chosen but  keep your user name as Susannah for brevity.

It's a shame you don't like bring called 'Sue'. Your dog could have it's own user name 'Me Casa-Sue's Casa'

see what I did there  Wink

In case you didn't..'mi casa, su casa' is the abbreviated version of 'Mi casa es su casa' ('My house is your house' in Spanish)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:51:23 am by Capt. Dirigible » Logged

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2014, 09:09:38 pm »

Well, when I am good, i'm James Purcell or Captain James Purcell but when I am bad I am the Lycanthroupe Gray Wolf.
When I am in a really bad mood, those around me call them selves "I'm gone!"
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2014, 09:28:52 pm »

Yep your Spanish passed me by I am afraid .....

Casa has yet to be successfully bamboozled into steampunk (she confided as much too me - all because I was looking up 'doggy goggles'. She told me she was a guide dog and didn't need glasses!).

As for me, with the help of some non- sp friends and to the relief of many others

I have stuck with Lady Lily Cholmondley SIS.

Lily of course means Susannah. Cholmondley, if you can pronounce English properly! - and splendidly! You will be saying 'chumley'! I liked the word chumley it itself, and I expect that will no doubt become my nickname/ abbreviation. Meanwhile I shall giggle in a not so chum-like way at all those who cannot speak English properly.

The SIS is of course, secret intelligence service. I am a spy. And for those in the know, my password is 'pinkies up'!

Once that meaning has been fully established and I can be secure as a spy in your company, then we can all sit down and do what steampunks do best!

Lady Lily Cholmondley (SIS)
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2014, 09:35:50 pm »

And for capt dirigible - you might not know but there is a cafe at Birmingham new street station called 'mi casa'. I always take Casa in there when we are at that station and they make a fuss of her, give her a bowl of water and hopefully me a free cup of tea!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: