The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 04, 2021, 08:05:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transforming war bride suit  (Read 5249 times)
Susannah
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2014, 03:39:41 pm »

I like the Peter Pan collar on that image. (And actually like the little robot thing this person is carrying!)

I am not partial to carrying weapons but being some sort of military type mechanic would be fun, especially if I could find a little robot friend!)

Actually there are so many options with this outfit. The blossoming bride, a nurse in the trenches, flouncing the whole outfit up with added frills and then doing something like this.

The possibilities are endless!

By the way a bit off topic but I am fed up already of being boring old. 'Susannah ' . You all have such interesting names. Any ideas for who I can be? (Taking into account that I seem to have quite a few outfits or adaptable outfits that do not depict only one type of charecter. So I need a name which is universal as it were. Any thoughts. ?

Susannah
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2014, 08:38:58 pm »

By the way a bit off topic but I am fed up already of being boring old. 'Susannah ' . You all have such interesting names. Any ideas for who I can be? (Taking into account that I seem to have quite a few outfits or adaptable outfits that do not depict only one type of charecter. So I need a name which is universal as it were. Any thoughts. ?

Susannah

Susannah has a fair amount of punch .

It inspired me to

Susannah OH!
Susannah Alabama
Madame Susie Wong
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2014, 08:44:07 pm »

I don't know who the Madame person is - but I have my teenage years trying to stop my school music teacher singing that song! Not quite sure I am ready to embrace that memory !
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2014, 09:37:00 pm »

Have no fear . I am not casting aspersions on your virtue. This was a rather romantic story, though I do not recall watching  the movie , It is still a classic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_of_Suzie_Wong_%28film%29

Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2014, 09:44:58 pm »

Ooh I say! Virtue intact thank goodness! Are you named after someone specific?
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2014, 09:50:49 pm »

No one specific.  I may have been going for  the occidental style independent woman in a far flung out post vibe when I came up with the name. 

I am having trouble  with setting an appropriate avatar
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2014, 10:03:54 pm »

My one attraction is tea drinking - but 'susannah' doesn't slip of the tongue with anything to do with tea at all as far as I could think of.

Oh and I have a guide dog Casa. But for once my brain seized up there too. The only offering was from my newphew who said 'Susannahcasadog'. Sounded more like a super hero than someone from the turn of last century.
Felix Fixler
Gunner

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2014, 10:20:23 pm »

My one attraction is tea drinking - but 'susannah' doesn't slip of the tongue with anything to do with tea at all as far as I could think of.

Susannah Sugarcube
Susannah Cup-Saucer

Lapsang Susannachong (may have got carried away with this one)

Count Felix Alexavia Von Fixler
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2014, 10:22:59 pm »

Oh help - I have turned into a Chinese take away but the sound of that last one - the two first ones were better but I don't think we have hit the nail on the head yet.
Felix Fixler
Gunner

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2014, 10:27:57 pm »

Lady Susannah Samovar
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2014, 10:30:11 pm »

What's samovar ?
Felix Fixler
Gunner

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2014, 10:38:43 pm »

What's samovar ?

A Samovar is a heated metal container traditionally used to heat and boil water in and around Russia, as well as in other Central, South-Eastern, Eastern European countries, Kashmir and in the Middle-East. The heated water is typically used to make tea.

I was thinking you could be a member of the Russian aristocracy fleeing to western Europe after the evil priest, Gregory Rasputin murdered your beloved husband. You now spend your days inCOGnito serving Tea to the great and the good, biding your time until you can return to mother Russia to seek revenge.
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2014, 11:01:53 pm »

Ha ha. Trouble is the only Russian I learnt at school was the phrase 'how far is it the nearest petrol station'. It's just as well I never went to Russia as i am not sure how useful a phrase it was.

However I like the idea of a cover story though I think I want to be a spy ! I say this - have you heard of Kim philby  - the Russian spy ? Well, his English home when he was spying on this country was a house in sleepy Sussex village called crowborough. The one and same house which I grew up in and where my parents now still live.

Being a spy does allow me to have loads of unrelated costumes too and take on loads of roles and you suggest. I am a good humoured spy though. No weapons (just tea and sugar cubes to lob of course)

So there must be a good combination of words around spies spying secrets Susannah .... We are almost there...

So
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2014, 11:09:45 pm »

I could be a sleeper agent - so my role has yet to happen.

Sleeper Susannah ?

But we have lost the tea!
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2014, 11:54:33 pm »

What about 'codename teabag SIS'?
Or something similar
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2014, 03:04:45 am »

Don't worry too much about your user name, I couldn't think of a very steamy one either- it's actually my real name...

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2014, 06:12:15 am »

I know it doesn't really matter but I just fancied a steamy alias. You are after all the lady of the copper cogs. I am just plain old Susannah !

I was getting warned up to thinking being a spy was a good idea. Especially given my family history of link g I. The house where a real spy lived and of course good old Sherlock Holmes lived in the same village. If just seemed to be a nice connection with scope for wearing loads of different costumes then. 

I was almost there thinking I wiuld be 'codename teabag SIS' or something - just trying to think if there was a better tea related one to be.

Actually reading those words, they are not particularly steamy but at least I had the back story I liked.

Abt improvements on jr welcome

Susannah

Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2014, 07:59:49 am »

Dear  Codename  Susannah

Now you have me thinking of Mrs Peel, Madame X ,  Mata Hari,  Agent 99.

They would have all been genteel lady tea drinkers to the casual observer - while fiery and feisty , ready for a parasol fight  or seductive subterfuge at the drop of a veil.

Keep your thinking cap on and something will stand out and grab you.
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2014, 08:35:17 am »

I have giant teaspoons ready for my fight - literally. There huge!
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2014, 08:56:12 am »

Secret Agent Susannah Teaspoon
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2014, 09:19:29 am »

Friend came up with Susannah (code name kettle belle ) the belle bit sounds Victorian. - and female
Otto Von Pifka
Zeppelin Admiral

goggles? they're here somewhere.....

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2014, 11:36:56 am »

Suzi Oolong?
Susannah
Gunner

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2014, 12:00:21 pm »

I will thump anyone that calls me suzi. - as my brothers and sisters will attest to.   

Now I am a spy I am going to stick with my code name of kettlebelle for now. The kettle goes with my tea theme and the belle sounds female and Victorian. But still use Susannah . At least being a spy I will have to change my code name from time to time. So keep the ideas coming and I shall store them up
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2014, 01:29:09 pm »

Give yourself a title. Lady, Madam, Dame, Baroness, Countess, Dutchess and Marchioness are all good. It elevates you to the upper echelons of society (so important in Victorian England and handy for a spy! Plus the British ruling classes love their tea).

Maybe a slight,exotic 'foreign' influence(think Mata Hari)?

So..Lady Susannah Tasse de Thé
or
Contessa Susannah Taza de Té (you see what I did there..)

Do you want to keep 'Susannah' in your user name? You can drop it entirely.

Baroness Brewer-Cupp

Madam Infusion

Lady Grey which of course is a real tea.

or if you don't fancy being a member of the ruling classes..just plain ol'

Susannah T. Potts

Susannah T. Cupp

Susannah T. Bagg

Susannah T. Caddy 

..you get the idea with that one..

Incidentally it's probably worth mentioning that if you do decide to change your user name you will have to re-join BG under that name, your exsisting 'time spent on line' count will cease and you'll return to being a 'swab'..which I believe is the starting rank for newbies. You're already up to the rank of Officer as 'Susannah'. Now these ranks don't really mean squat! They are just a guide to how active you are and how much time you spend on line not how many posts you make. However it's nice to watch oneself rise through the ranks and some people don't like starting again from scratch. Mods can and have sometimes changed people's user names on request and let them keep their existing post record but that's usually only for very special reasons and 'I've thought of a better name' doesn't really count.

I hope some of this has been of use to you.

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2014, 02:47:12 pm »

I know it doesn't really matter but I just fancied a steamy alias. You are after all the lady of the copper cogs. I am just plain old Susannah.

I'm the lady of the copper FROGS, my dear, and it took me around two years to come up with that...it's because I make wire animals, copper frogs being the most prevalent...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: