The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 25, 2020, 12:29:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Tamers - A room for those of us with anxiety / depression / etc  (Read 133694 times)
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1775 on: June 25, 2020, 04:48:07 pm »

I'm sorry you are feeling a bit uhh about your birthday rovingjack, alas time speeds up the more of it you've had!
Try not to think of them as milestones, for some people they become millstones.  I always think of you as adventurous, travelling around, visiting new places, trying out new ideas.  There is still time for you to gather any milestones you want to and enjoy life.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon Machinery (they/them)

« Reply #1776 on: September 07, 2020, 07:54:27 pm »

Life has been though recently. My relationship didn't survive the whole covid thing, and it's caused friction with my friends as well
But I got antidepressants, so that's good

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1777 on: September 07, 2020, 10:13:37 pm »

Life has been though recently. My relationship didn't survive the whole covid thing, and it's caused friction with my friends as well

Life is just a test Caledonian. COVID has exposed a lot of things around the world. Things will get better.

Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1778 on: September 08, 2020, 11:48:39 am »

Yes, antidepressants are wonderful things.
So is gin.
But, unfortunately it is not a good idea to mix the two!
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #1779 on: September 08, 2020, 02:04:25 pm »

We are all philosophers, worried about our role in life - some philosophers like the tipple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtgKkifJ0Pw

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1780 on: September 08, 2020, 08:08:17 pm »

I am so sorry to hear that. The whole virus situation has stressed everyone and made tempers short, making its awful legacy more than just damage to physical health. I do sincerely hope better times are around the corner for you.

With all my best wishes,
Miranda.
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #1781 on: September 21, 2020, 01:44:31 am »

A bespectacled, slightly-disheveled figure stumbles in from the storm, patting his pockets and mumbling, "Where did I put it?" He wanders over to one of the just-sufficiently-numerous quiet nooks, drops into the overstuffed arm-chair, pulls out a pocket-sized Babbage Engine and begins to read the thread from the beginning.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 01:47:38 am by von Corax » Logged

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1782 on: September 21, 2020, 08:11:44 am »

The fabric of reality in the inner vestibule splits, revealing  a glimpse of utter blackness, punctuated by the interstellar fires of the galactic firmament, and curtains of primordial plasmic incandescence. Through the split half-strides, half-stumbles uncoordinatedly a tallish figure in a brown trenchcoat, black-and-gold brocade waistcoat and black dress slacks. He grips a device, a black, button-bestudded brick of a thing in one fist and his cane in the other, glowing blue fog emanating from gaps and apertures in the bricklike device, which suddenly flashes orange-and-purple from within, as the split in reality seals itself once more.

He  peers past the inner entrance as he straightens his frame and his clothing, adjusts his flat cap and changes his grip on his cane, pocketing the timebrick somewhere in the depths of the trenchcoat and producing a turnip watch from his waistcoat pocket. He snaps it shut, having opened and perused the readouts therein, and proceeds into the room, a series of tentacles appearing from under the hem of his coat and snagging scones, butterpats, and a cup of tea and saucer  from the cart  in the center of the room, as the man (?) continues to a carrel in the corner of the room, sits in the high-backed overstuffed task chair provided, and begins to butter said scones and sip his tea as he reopens the watch and reads what he finds there...

« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 08:14:56 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: