The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
June 01, 2020, 04:26:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Tamers - A room for those of us with anxiety / depression / etc  (Read 126898 times)
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Communing with the Over-soul via you.

« Reply #450 on: July 21, 2014, 04:41:34 am »

*Dances joyously*

:-D Thank you! thank you!

I am still on the page of wanting to go, made a concrete step or two since I posted. So, this week I think I will apply to some jobs and see what comes of it.

Wish me perseverance!!

So wished, and good luck!

*plays Goin' down to Cairo (or, Black Them Boots)...*
http://youtu.be/6Xmku25LryY

(Sorry, I can't take vids right at the moment).

That delicate forest flower,   
With scented breath and look so like a smile,   
Seems, as it issues from the shapeless mould,   
An emanation of the indwelling Life,   
A visible token of the upholding Love,   
That are the soul of this great universe.

~William Cullen Bryant

Trains to Steamtown, this way...
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

Communing with the Over-soul via you.

« Reply #451 on: July 21, 2014, 05:10:39 am »

Sorry for double-posting. I am still new to this forum-game.

There are those of us, who love so completely, without reservation, that we never really stop, and we just have to learn, slowly each time, to move forward.  It's hard, it's painful, but it's the truth.

Agreed, Nyte, and hail! Welcome! Many have survived such things, and even been grateful (later on) that it ended.
Like Ms Periscope and Frances, I too have spent more time than I'd have wished in unsatisfying relationships. I thought it was up to me to stick it out and that things would change, but honestly the best thing for all of us in the long run has been things ending and moving forward with life.

Dear Miss Carton, things will look up both for him and for you. I have been learning that people are stronger than I think they are, despite my strong desire to protect them. I was in PRECISELY your situation just a year ago -it seems still like a week ago, but if it were I'd be a lot more despondent.... I don't think I stopped crying for three months straight for more than an hour (yes, I do drink a lot of water, and did get a lot of headaches as a result).

In a fit of self-esteem I told him what I needed, then had an utter meltdown and recanted, to which he responded by ignoring me. I felt tons of anger, fear, sadness. Though I kept putting one foot in front of the other to recover from the PTSD and anxiety that had been plaguing me since before he and I got together.

My point is, I am SO MUCH healthier now. I can stop thinking for a while and be at peace, I can experience emotions without wanting to bash my head against the floor, I can watch favorite shows again, and I don't feel crippled and dependent anymore. I am getting to know myself and learning to love myself and I really do like myself. It's all quite miraculous. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. And envision butterflies.

Saluting the toasters with her own mug of chai,

Rose
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #452 on: July 21, 2014, 09:22:26 am »

Meeting up?  Talking?  Oh dear.  Why not just wrestle in mud?  Loving is not what he wants; it is no substitute for 'being in love.'  You will find yourself saying, "We can always be friends,"  "It's not you, it's me," over and over again in an endless loop until you are exhausted.  Maybe if you are sure you will not change your mind you can deploy the 'geographical solution,' which is to separate for six months by moving away or suggesting that he does.  It is amazing how a man who is about to throw himself under a train can turn up in a month or two with a simpering blonde on his arm, in good spirits!  Statistically, most men who are divorced by their wives, with a great outcry, remarry in short order, while the wives do not, but remain emotionally affected for a longer time afterward.

I just feel as though I have to totally annihilate him to get the message across that there's no chace of us getting back together. I don't know if I can do that.

Ginny Audriana Irondust Moravia. Pleased t' meet ya.
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #453 on: July 21, 2014, 10:54:25 am »

There is something bitween "total annihilation" and "we can always be friends". I have been in a break-up on the receiving end, where my ex-girlfriend wasn't resolute. Sending (unintentionally) mixed messages. Meetups, break up conversations with open endings. Phonecalls, text messages. All with good intentions to ease the pain, but it's all counterproductive. Eventually, I was the one who broke up with her.

And ofcourse you love him, you have been together for quite a while, up to the point of engagement, if I understand it correctly. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. And the fact that you love eachother, probably means you've both tried to make it work. If you are beyond the point of trying, stick with the discision of breaking up. It's easier for both of you to prosess the break up if at least one of you is resolute.

And the fear of him trying to kill himself is understandable. I've read in one of your previous posts that an ex-boyfriend tried to commit suiscide after a break-up. A terrible thing to experience, first or second hand. But everyone is responsible for their own actions. Not for other people's actions. To be precise, you are not responsible for him to try to kill himself.

Perhaps I'm being to logical and not compassionate, but that's the way I feel in general. And after the birth of our daughter even more so. Especially with kids, one has to be resolute and most of the time more logical than compassionate. I have no problem with putting our daughter in the naugthy corner when she's being a bad girl. Ofcourse I feel her sorrow, but I have to be assertive to teach her right from wrong.

As for my wife and I, we're hanging in there. Prepairing for vacation keeps our minds occupied and distracted from the miserable things in life. Daughter is at grandparents right now for two days, so my wife can do some packing and work tomorrow. At work it's quiet before the storm. Usually the last week before summer break is hectic. Let's hope it's not going to.

I do enjoy the quite times I've incorperated into my dayly routine. With some time management, I've found a good hour before work to unwind. Usually a walk in the woods with my camera. I haven't had a bowel malfunction in a week or so, so that's a positive thing. Plan is to stick with the quite times rain or shine.

Today, after work, I'm bringing a book to my mother-in-law. It's called (translated):"Tell me about the old days, grandmother". It's a book for our daughter to remember grandmother after she's gone. We think it's a good process for both mother-in-law as for us.

The best way to learn is by personal experience.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #454 on: July 22, 2014, 04:50:22 am »

just having a bad day.

a week ago I got my dentures relined and within a few days they began to cut me, I went in to get them adjusted and nobody is in until tomorrow night and I had to fight to get in then. Apparently the only person they have to handle it is on vacation until tomorrow. So I had to try chewing anyway and now there is a swollen white spot there, blister or infected cut I don't know. and I've still gtot a day to go.

I tried beeswax or silicon rubber bits to raise and cusshion then so I can at least chew my food. but they don't work very well.

This morning after I ate (try the bees wax) I became flushed and whoozy and then proceeded to have digestive upset. I don't know if it was an allergy to beeswax, related to honey which I've cut out in response to problems a few months ago, or food not chewed very well, or an infection causing stress or just pain and stress itself.

Spent the day feeling weak and tired.

Meanwhile I'm edging closer to losing my healthcare unless I can find work, and I'm not sure I can work right now.

And all I can think about is I want to not have to fight for every day. I'd like to have something work out for the best and and not feel constantly like I'm on the edge of one more setback putting me further and further into dability until my days are just repeating the routing of managing my symptoms.

I hate this. and I know it's not that bad right now but it's all the mystery illness and unexplained symptoms and then thing after thing going wrong.

I need a vacation from being me. I need three or four months where I have no responsabilities and I can just catch my breath, get my feet back under me. Then a few days to plan what I'm going to do and a team to work with me in doing it.

Nyte
Zeppelin Captain

Architect of Social Chaos

« Reply #455 on: July 22, 2014, 05:54:07 am »

Hang in there RovingJack.  Things get tough for me as well a lot, and I am far too familiar with the need/desire to have a break from having to toil under the burden of modern stress.  Getting that break is hard at best, but take small moments when you can, every day, or a few times a day, just to do something for yourself, even if it's only read a line of poetry or two.  Find reasons to smile, and remember that there are some things that make each day worth seeing what you will find.

"Memories may last for years but, Names are just for souveniers..."
Arabella Periscope
Zeppelin Captain

Edwardian summer

« Reply #456 on: July 22, 2014, 07:33:39 am »

*Steals through in velvet slippers and veils to refill pots of Irish coffee, to add a pile of clean lavender-scented handkerchiefs to the box on the mantelpiece by the weeping nook. *

I will just set this creature down on the hearth rug in case anyone needs it.

Kenneth: 'If you're so hot, you can tell me how to say she has ideas above her station.'
Brian:'Oh yes, I forgot. It's fairly easy, old boy.
Elle a des idees au-dessus de sa gare.'
Kenneth: 'Idiot.  It's not that kind of station.'

Terence Rattigan 'French Without Tears.'
Nyte
Zeppelin Captain

Architect of Social Chaos

« Reply #457 on: July 22, 2014, 07:45:42 pm »

Why thank you, Miss Periscope, that is most thoughtful and kind of you, and what a cute bunny.  How are you dear lady?  So often those who look in on the likes of us get overlooked in their sometimes need.

*offers some tea and toast*
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #458 on: July 22, 2014, 07:50:05 pm »

Oh how lovely!  This will make a great stew...  What?  Oh!  So this is not for eating?  Oh dear, please excuse~!  *places unharmed bunny on the table*   Grin

frances
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #459 on: July 22, 2014, 08:18:00 pm »

*grabs up fluffy bunny and cradles it with soothing noises* 

*Glares at anyone who might have other ideas of what to do with bunny*
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #460 on: July 22, 2014, 09:42:10 pm »

*thunks head on a table* I am an idiot. A stupid, bleeding heart idiot.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #461 on: July 22, 2014, 10:55:04 pm »

*thunks head on a table* I am an idiot. A stupid, bleeding heart idiot.

No you're not. You're human.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Camellia Wingnut
Snr. Officer
United States Minor Outlying Islands United States Minor Outlying Islands

Take my camel, dear. . . .

« Reply #462 on: July 22, 2014, 10:55:40 pm »

My Dears (or Deers),
Here is a charming little animal for our Room:
However, in view of recent unkind remarks re: bunnies, please look closely at the little darling's muzzle. If anyone so much as whispers the word stew, this is what will happen:
BE WARNED!
Gt.-Aunt Camellia

Take my camel, dear, said my aunt Camellia, climbing down from that animal on her return from high mass. The camel, a white Arabian Dhalur (single hump) from the famous herd of the Ruola tribe, had been a parting present, its saddle-bags stuffed with low-carat [sic] gold and flashy orient gems, from a rich desert tycoon. . . .
Arabella Periscope
Zeppelin Captain

Edwardian summer

« Reply #463 on: July 23, 2014, 03:41:29 am »

For shame, Admiral Wilhelm!  Do not forget the Dragon who keeps this place warm -- she likes a knight or two at teatime . . .

Don't mind if I do, Nyte -- *Swirls clover honey on toast and sips tea with a delighted sigh.*   -- What a good idea.
Thank you!  Poor Cornelia needs comforting with apples, I'm afraid, and the bunny wouldn't say no to a carrot for shock.  Luckily this haven has all things for all troubled hearts!
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #464 on: July 23, 2014, 08:01:10 am »

[Walks through from the kitchen somehow managing to juggle a steaming bowl of stew, a rather worn spoon, a well-buttered doorstop of fresh crusty bread, and a pint of Stout]

[stops]

What..? It's comfort food. A hearty irish of mutton, vegies, and 'taters... Cook has a big pot on the stove if anybody wants some..

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.
Camellia Wingnut
Snr. Officer

« Reply #465 on: July 23, 2014, 09:50:32 am »

Hem! What did I say about stew?
Please note: This is a Wanted Poster for a notorious Murdering Musk Deer last seen on its way to Australia. I wonder why?
C.W.
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #466 on: July 23, 2014, 10:02:17 am »

Well, unless musk deer can fly up to 30,000 ft of altitude, I think I'll be safe aboard the USAS Orca.
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #467 on: July 23, 2014, 10:30:30 am »

[Wipes the last skerrick out of the bowl with the final bit of crusty wholemeal]

Hmmm, that critter looks neither cute, cuddly, or fluffy.  I might go see how Cook is at making a good flakey pie-crust...

[Drains the last of the hearty Stout, that restorative meal in a glass]

Now where has that duty deerhound got to?
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #468 on: July 23, 2014, 10:55:22 am »

For shame, Admiral Wilhelm!  Do not forget the Dragon who keeps this place warm -- she likes a knight or two at teatime . . .

Don't mind if I do, Nyte -- *Swirls clover honey on toast and sips tea with a delighted sigh.*   -- What a good idea.
Thank you!  Poor Cornelia needs comforting with apples, I'm afraid, and the bunny wouldn't say no to a carrot for shock.  Luckily this haven has all things for all troubled hearts!

Im sure she had more than her fair share of snakbites Smiley

" You can lose every battle except that last " Sir Malcolm , Penny Dreadful
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #469 on: July 23, 2014, 08:00:51 pm »

Come on gentlemen!  No need to be abrasive.  Besides, I'm not sure how that fanged creature will taste, and what if it brings it's distant relatives, the Muskox and the Musk rat?  I'm not sure we will be in physical danger as much as in a state of nasal overload  Grin

PS.  Wow. This place is like a zoo.  Hounds, wolves, cats, rabbits, mini lions, and now Musk oxen, Musk rats and Musk deer.  I wonder when we're bringing in the elephants and the giraffes...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:51:24 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged
Camellia Wingnut
Snr. Officer

« Reply #470 on: July 23, 2014, 08:15:30 pm »

My Dear Admiral,
These delightful creatures are all kept in the Zoological Gardens, out of that barred gate to the side of the Tea Garden and Miniature Village.
C.W.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #471 on: July 23, 2014, 08:39:47 pm »

Well, unless musk deer can fly up to 30,000 ft of altitude, I think I'll be safe aboard the USAS Orca.

*wanders in from the sculpture garden*

Anybody seen my magic reindeer dust--?

...What?
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #472 on: July 23, 2014, 08:53:36 pm »

In the news next Christmas:  "Vampire reindeer terrorise people around the globe"
Arabella Periscope
Zeppelin Captain

Edwardian summer

« Reply #473 on: July 23, 2014, 08:59:52 pm »

Sssshhhhh!  The Elephant is in the room.  We just don't mention it.
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #474 on: July 23, 2014, 10:01:54 pm »

Sssshhhhh!  The Elephant is in the room.  We just don't mention it.

[wordlessly hands Miss Periscope the Comedy Gold Award]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: