The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 10, 2020, 01:44:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Tamers - A room for those of us with anxiety / depression / etc  (Read 123499 times)
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #350 on: June 17, 2014, 07:22:02 pm »

The flame burns and the wind turns, sometimes to the betterment of the flame. And sometimes to it's bereavement.
We cope (usually) but much of this "close soul stuff" is beyond our control. (unfortunately).

It can take chunks out of you.

Its mostly BS trust me - esp twin flame jargon , that's about as new age as it gets .

And even if you do find related souls its doesn't guarantee anything unless your learned enough to recognise it and use it i.e. spiritual adepts etc etc

As love itself is unconditional , it would hardly make sense you needed or required , " a special someone " before you attained it - but it sells a lot of music and appeals to those who buy into it.

Well, those are a couple of ways of looking at it.

*Settles in and plays a few ditties on the banjo*

The problem with beliefs is that you once you believe them they are no longer beliefs .

You don't remember what caused them , or even the belief itself yet there you are the total sum of them all ...convinced of who you are, yet with no idea of how you got there.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 07:30:04 pm by 4_0_4 » Logged

" You can lose every battle except that last " Sir Malcolm , Penny Dreadful
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

09madasafish
« Reply #351 on: June 17, 2014, 09:04:07 pm »

The problem with beliefs is that you once you believe them they are no longer beliefs .

You don't remember what caused them , or even the belief itself yet there you are the total sum of them all ...convinced of who you are, yet with no idea of how you got there

WTF?!  Huh  Huh

Please excuse me while I retreat into my alcove in order to try and wrap my head around this one.

Although, I will remind you that you have been asked to try and be more polite in your postings previously, and I have seen you being warned about your conduct on more than one occasion during your time on the forum by more than one user.

There's a reason why religion and politics are forbidden from being discussed on here, and your recent posts (here in this thread and elsewhere) are coming close to demonstrating why that is so.

I don't intend to threaten or cajole (and given I'm not a mod or an admin that should be fairly obvious), just to remind you of what is asked of members.

In parting I'll just point you in the direction of the VSS's 1 (and pretty much only) rule:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
Ada Thorold
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #352 on: June 17, 2014, 10:49:44 pm »

Did I hear something about scones....?

~A~
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #353 on: June 17, 2014, 11:06:58 pm »

404, don't be rude. That was uncalled for.
Not everyone wants to be a miserable sod like you.

Ginny Audriana Irondust Moravia. Pleased t' meet ya.
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #354 on: June 17, 2014, 11:38:06 pm »

You don't remember what caused them , or even the belief itself yet there you are the total sum of them all ...convinced of who you are, yet with no idea of how you got there

WTF?!  Huh  Huh

WTF indeed

How can you condemn what you dont understand ?

Shocked
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #355 on: June 17, 2014, 11:58:14 pm »

404, don't be rude. That was uncalled for.
Not everyone wants to be a miserable sod like you.

Was that a joke , or are you just bullying me again ?

Roll Eyes
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #356 on: June 18, 2014, 04:05:46 am »

~A~

Yes, and jam. And a jam session. *starts in on Old Fredonia*

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #357 on: June 18, 2014, 04:16:13 am »

~A~

*another serving trolley rolls by*
Did I hear jam? Bannock anyone?  I also have sweet Tamales, Churros, and Atole, courtesy of the Longhouse next door...

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 04:38:56 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

Ada Thorold
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #358 on: June 18, 2014, 07:53:11 am »

~A~

Did I hear jam? Bannock anyone?  I also have sweet Tamales, Churros, and Atole, courtesy of the Longhouse next door...

Ooooh, jam! And other interesting looking goodies. What are they?

~A~
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #359 on: June 18, 2014, 08:57:17 am »

~A~

Ooooh, jam! And other interesting looking goodies. What are they?

~A~

These, Ms. Thorold, are gifts from the Tribal Council at The Longhouse, club for steampunks of aboriginal descent right next door.  Were are just being good neighbours and sharing our breakfast with you!  Smiley  The council elders heard this is gathering of demon fighters, so you have awaken their interest.

The ones at the top are Sweet "Candy" flavoured Tamales (maize flour cakes, steamed in corn husks), the ones at the centre are hot chocolate and Spanish Churros, and the one at the bottom is a cup of Vanilla flavoured Atole, a sweet porridge-like drink made from maize flour (corn starch).  The atole and tamales are pre-hispanic foods from the Americas (as well as the cocoa which you know well), and in present day, a staple of Mexican breakfast (for details see here http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43181.msg904412.html#msg904412).

*uncovers a large cylindrical steamer*

Feel free to take as many as you please

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:05:48 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #360 on: June 18, 2014, 09:17:39 am »

Chorus of thank you followed by harmonised munching.  The magic safe area makes all sorts of experiments (food, science, fashion etcetera) possible and welcome.
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #361 on: June 18, 2014, 09:32:38 am »

You're welcome!  Careful with the atole; it's piping hot, and has a very high specific heat (it holds heat very well).
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #362 on: June 18, 2014, 11:56:43 am »

I've never had atole before.
Ada Thorold
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #363 on: June 18, 2014, 05:46:56 pm »

*tries a bit of everything and approvingly takes a large cup of atole, nodding gratefully at Mr. Wilhelm*

I think I need this, it's been one of those days.

~A~
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #364 on: June 18, 2014, 05:51:56 pm »

*Tugs a forelock to Mr. Wilhelm and tucks in with a will...*
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

Communing with the Over-soul via you.

« Reply #365 on: June 18, 2014, 07:01:06 pm »

Welcome, Mme. Thorold!  Cheesy

Thanks to M. Wilhelm and the Longhouse for sharing these treats! *several tamales are removed from the steamer and enjoyed happily*

That delicate forest flower,   
With scented breath and look so like a smile,   
Seems, as it issues from the shapeless mould,   
An emanation of the indwelling Life,   
A visible token of the upholding Love,   
That are the soul of this great universe.

~William Cullen Bryant

Trains to Steamtown, this way...
Flightless Phoenix
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #366 on: June 18, 2014, 07:56:16 pm »

*runs over gleefully and tucks in*

Many thanks to you sir!

cemeteryresearcher.com

'a lighthearted academic blog about funerary practice' - Updates Sundays*

*gremlins permitting
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #367 on: June 19, 2014, 12:53:12 am »

*bangs head off of table repeatedly* these feelings, or there lack of,  are really starting to not only worry me, but annoy me as well.
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #368 on: June 19, 2014, 03:12:55 am »

*bangs head off of table repeatedly* these feelings, or there lack of,  are really starting to not only worry me, but annoy me as well.

I've never had atole before.

Hang in there Ms. Carton! For you are not alone. Prozac must be a beast of a medicine, and the first couple of months are always tough.

As for the Atole... it's quite easy to make, dear Ms. Carton.  I definitely recommend it for a cold morning.  From what I understand there is a short cut to making it, and Maizena-brand corn starch (ultra-fine corn flour) is readily available in Europe.   It's as simple as dissolving some corn starch in a pot of milk and boiling the milk while whisking for a few minutes.  Flavouring added to taste.  Vanilla (real or extract), food colouring and fruit - maybe some fruit syrup, or even chocolate.

Recipe in here: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2011/01/atole-mexican-drink-recipe/

Also don't forget chocolate will release endorphins.  Definitely will make you feel better.  That should be a medical expense as far as I'm concerned.  The native discovered cocoa benas and invented hot cocoa, but the Spanish brought the sugar ground almonds, and cinnamon to make the very first chocolate tablets in Mexico.  You might should be able to get those tablets from Spain or an import store...

The chocolate is not emulsified, and hence it's not soluble in water; you have to boil milk and manually grind the chocolate or use a blender to combine with the scalding milk - but it tastes so much better than regular chocolate... http://www.patismexicantable.com/2010/02/ancient_ways_for_comfort_in_cold_days_mexican_hot_chocolate/

Both of these will make you feel better even if it's just a gesture on my part.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 06:38:10 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
frances
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #369 on: June 19, 2014, 08:36:11 pm »

Warning ... upsetting topic.

It has happened again and I am devastated.  On another board that I frequent a lady has died.  This is the third time on that board that someone I liked/was fond of has died.  The second time it happened that lady committed suicide.  She was talking to people during the night and someone got worried, found her on facebook and asked for someone who knew her in person to contact the police.  They had to break into her house but it was too late.  The previous person was elderly and had been ill for a long time.

What I find is that I am as shocked and upset in the same way I would be if an off-line friend had died.

I need a small furry doggie - is there one free at the moment.
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #370 on: June 19, 2014, 11:10:06 pm »

I took my prozac 12 hours late today.
I feel God awful right now....
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #371 on: June 19, 2014, 11:44:40 pm »

*Brings a small snuggly dog and gently sets it onto Miss Frances' lap*

There ya go.

*shuffles over to Miss XCornelia and delivers hot cocoa and peppermint, as a small black-and-white cat slinks over*
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

Communing with the Over-soul via you.

« Reply #372 on: June 20, 2014, 12:01:49 am »

Dear Frances,

Hugs. I am so sorry to hear that. Additional available snuggly dogs, for anyone who needs one:

Lyon

Tigre

Bayre

Omai

Tutu

Why do I have a strange feeling I'm not in Kansas anymore.....

*Takes off shiny emerald-studded gold shoes and tips them into the wardrobe, also exchanging a purple gingham dress for cozy red sweater and the world's most beautiful sweatpants*
frances
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #373 on: June 20, 2014, 12:19:12 am »

Doggies!!! *sniff*  thank you.
Camellia Wingnut
Snr. Officer
United States Minor Outlying Islands United States Minor Outlying Islands

Take my camel, dear. . . .

« Reply #374 on: June 20, 2014, 10:33:53 am »

My Dear Girl,
Please help yourself to this Cream Tea, served in the hidden Tea Garden behind our Dragon Tamer's Room.

Listen to the birds; feed them crumbs; smell the lilac; enjoy the scrumptiousness!
Yr. Affct. Gt.-Aunt,
Camellia

Take my camel, dear, said my aunt Camellia, climbing down from that animal on her return from high mass. The camel, a white Arabian Dhalur (single hump) from the famous herd of the Ruola tribe, had been a parting present, its saddle-bags stuffed with low-carat [sic] gold and flashy orient gems, from a rich desert tycoon. . . .
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: