The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
June 04, 2020, 03:05:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Tamers - A room for those of us with anxiety / depression / etc  (Read 126931 times)
Arabella Periscope
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Edwardian summer

« Reply #325 on: June 06, 2014, 02:58:50 am »

That is quite fascinating about the inner ear.  The nausea associated with early SSRI use does have an appetite suppressant effect, too, whiich can be cheering to some.

*A tray is carried out by a willowy lady (with pre-loosened stays), a butler's tray which she sets on its bracket by the fire.  This is followed by copper kettles to refresh the beverage urns.  Today there is, under the silver domes, special-recipe ginger cake made with treacle, a ginger tea with a touch of lemon, a peppermint tea, and small apothecary glasses of iced cola cordial for those with sensitive stomachs.  For the others, there is spread out an array of crustless cucumber or cress sandwiches, lettuce or tomato sandwiches, Victoria sponge slices with blackberry jam, and hot scones with clotted cream. Smoked salmon is provided for any small creature not attracted by other fare.  Anti-anxiety medicines and a selection of anti-anxiety remedies are available by the door as you leave; they are not needed in here.  Balance is restored by the peace and privacy of this refuge, to which you can return at any time.*

Kenneth: 'If you're so hot, you can tell me how to say she has ideas above her station.'
Brian:'Oh yes, I forgot. It's fairly easy, old boy.
Elle a des idees au-dessus de sa gare.'
Kenneth: 'Idiot.  It's not that kind of station.'

Terence Rattigan 'French Without Tears.'
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #326 on: June 07, 2014, 11:50:35 pm »

I suddenly feel all melancholic. I was discussing Twin Flames on another forum. I had a twin flame here on this very forum. He was my Guardian.
I can't even remember what happened or why, but he just stopped talking to me. I know he still posts here.
I miss him.

Ginny Audriana Irondust Moravia. Pleased t' meet ya.
frances
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #327 on: June 08, 2014, 03:23:47 am »

If you would prefer a cat-friendly venue try here:

http://ladydinahs.com/
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

Communing with the Over-soul via you.

« Reply #328 on: June 08, 2014, 04:43:17 am »

*Removes a piece of ginger bread from the tray with steel hook -is it replacing a hand? Or an unaffiliated tool?- and a moment later deftly hooks a mug of ginger tea with lemon. A plate stacked high with delicious foods mysteriously appears on the mahogany tea table by her elbow, which stands next to the ample arm of the Alice In Wonderland chair. The cat is warming her lap, curled into a friendly ball of fur.*

Lady Dinah's sounds wonderful! What a brilliant idea. I thought Dragon Tamers was a cat-friendly venue? Wink

*Watches butterflies passing the window, the way thoughts and feelings pass through one's consciousness.*

That delicate forest flower,   
With scented breath and look so like a smile,   
Seems, as it issues from the shapeless mould,   
An emanation of the indwelling Life,   
A visible token of the upholding Love,   
That are the soul of this great universe.

~William Cullen Bryant

Trains to Steamtown, this way...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #329 on: June 08, 2014, 06:32:20 am »

Twin flames? I can't say I know much about that kind of thing, being what label-mongers tend to call a "loner." I do know a few things though.

Sometimes people move on. (lots of people move on from me, I kind of inspire that kind of behavior, apparently Wink) Sometimes they just kind of back off for a while. You can't really ever tell which it is until after it's over.  I obviously have no idea who the person might be, so I can't say either way, but it seems to me that forcing things won't help. Meantime, you have us folks, if you want.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #330 on: June 08, 2014, 08:06:23 am »

I have never met my twin flame.  And if I'm the twin flame of someone I know or have known, I have never been told about it. I hope I do before I die.

CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #331 on: June 08, 2014, 09:56:56 am »

Twin flames? I can't say I know much about that kind of thing, being what label-mongers tend to call a "loner." I do know a few things though.

Sometimes people move on. (lots of people move on from me, I kind of inspire that kind of behavior, apparently Wink) Sometimes they just kind of back off for a while. You can't really ever tell which it is until after it's over.  I obviously have no idea who the person might be, so I can't say either way, but it seems to me that forcing things won't help. Meantime, you have us folks, if you want.

Twin flames are the other half of your soul.
You know when you meet your Twin Flame because if they ever leave, or are in a relationship with somelne that isn't you, you feel an immense sadness and pain, right where your heart is.
It can also be devastating when you realise thatthe person you are in a relationship with is not your twin flame.
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2014, 08:04:00 pm »

The flame burns and the wind turns, sometimes to the betterment of the flame. And sometimes to it's bereavement.
We cope (usually) but much of this "close soul stuff" is beyond our control. (unfortunately).

It can take chunks out of you.

Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2014, 09:11:50 pm »

The flame burns and the wind turns, sometimes to the betterment of the flame. And sometimes to it's bereavement.
We cope (usually) but much of this "close soul stuff" is beyond our control. (unfortunately).

Indeed it is, M. Angus. Though one always has memories if one wants them. And as MWBailey says, when there is no twin flame about, there are friends. Some of whom can be quite uplifting!

Though I don't believe anyone here has yet addressed me specifically (other than dear Ms. Periscope-- thank you!), I will say I am fond of you folks who dwell in the corners of this peaceful chamber. Am I wearing that invisibility cloak still? I tend to forget... *Hangs it delicately it in the massive wardrobe, between one violet shawl and one green hunting cape*
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #334 on: June 14, 2014, 01:22:32 am »

Sorry, Rose. I've just been kind of sitting here, drifting between bouts of depression and numbness.
Also I suffer from Dermatillomania. Obsessive Compulsive Skin Picking. My legs are an absolute state and I'm aware of what I am doing and yet I cannot seem to be able to stop.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #335 on: June 14, 2014, 03:04:57 am »

Though I don't believe anyone here has yet addressed me specifically (other than dear Ms. Periscope-- thank you!), I will say I am fond of you folks who dwell in the corners of this peaceful chamber. Am I wearing that invisibility cloak still? I tend to forget... *Hangs it delicately it in the massive wardrobe, between one violet shawl and one green hunting cape*

Nothing personal, Miss Rose. I guess I'm just shy.
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

« Reply #336 on: June 14, 2014, 03:39:25 am »

Cool No offense taken whatsoever, and I hope not to have caused any. Was partly being silly and then also wishing to be part of things. So sorry if it came across less kindly and jestingly than it was meant.
Camellia Wingnut
Snr. Officer
United States Minor Outlying Islands United States Minor Outlying Islands

Take my camel, dear. . . .

« Reply #337 on: June 14, 2014, 04:19:07 am »

My Dear Rose,
I shall peer out of the (faux) fox-furs and wave the friendliest of lace mittens. Your presence is a delight. Tea? Scone?
Gt.-Aunt Camellia

Take my camel, dear, said my aunt Camellia, climbing down from that animal on her return from high mass. The camel, a white Arabian Dhalur (single hump) from the famous herd of the Ruola tribe, had been a parting present, its saddle-bags stuffed with low-carat [sic] gold and flashy orient gems, from a rich desert tycoon. . . .
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

« Reply #338 on: June 14, 2014, 04:52:16 am »

My Dear Rose,
I shall peer out of the (faux) fox-furs and wave the friendliest of lace mittens. Your presence is a delight. Tea? Scone?
Gt.-Aunt Camellia

Thank you, Auntie!! As is yours.  Smiley I believe I shall indulge in a scone and tea, will you join me? Will the rest?

I adore your mittens and furs, quite the elegant lady you are.

~Rose, who simply adores to 'play pretend'
Arabella Periscope
Zeppelin Captain

Edwardian summer

« Reply #339 on: June 15, 2014, 03:11:05 am »

Ah, Mr. B., splendid picture-can almost hear the tune.

And Rose,  I believe I could fancy a scone, thank you! *Casts herself across a chaise in graceful deshabille.  Heaves a corset-creaking sigh.  'Sanctuary.''*
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #340 on: June 15, 2014, 03:44:00 am »

*snip*

Dear ladies, I must also apologise for my absence of mind.  I seem to drift into sleep, and when I do, I dream of a Native Longhouse.  And in that dream, I'm sitting on a mat, surrounded by people I'm sure I don't know and yet feel like I have known of them forever.  And I'm speaking in a strange tongue I don't recognise yet I understand every word when spoken to.

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43181.0.html

It is a strange, but most cathartic dream.
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

« Reply #341 on: June 15, 2014, 03:57:47 am »

Most excellent Mme. Periscope! *serves up scones all-round the sanctuary*

M. Wilhelm (pardon me all, somehow I've begun to think I'm French... using their prefixes to names and henceforth), that sounds a most pleasant dream. I believe it is quite normal to dream such things, at least, I've had all manner of languages that I didn't know appear in dreams. Do you remember what the messages were when you awake?

Goodness knows sleep is a blessing on us all, especially I think on those who tend to gravitate toward this room. I am hoping I will be able to 'let go the reins' and start off to bed earlier than I have been doing lately.
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #342 on: June 15, 2014, 07:28:52 am »

M. Wilhelm (pardon me all, somehow I've begun to think I'm French... using their prefixes to names and henceforth), that sounds a most pleasant dream. I believe it is quite normal to dream such things, at least, I've had all manner of languages that I didn't know appear in dreams. Do you remember what the messages were when you awake?

Goodness knows sleep is a blessing on us all, especially I think on those who tend to gravitate toward this room. I am hoping I will be able to 'let go the reins' and start off to bed earlier than I have been doing lately.

Dear Ms. Inverness:

Unfortunately I seldom remember details like that  Tongue  They say that is normal.  And yes, I am a habitual late sleeper, I'm afraid.  Mostly because of my sales business, which requires a lot of promo over the internet.   I'm in a transition period right now.  I will taper off my business and hopefully if my latest job applications "stick" (God willing),  I will start employment very soon and that may afford me a more structured schedule.
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #343 on: June 15, 2014, 02:49:00 pm »

Its mostly BS trust me - esp twin flame jargon , that's about as new age as it gets .

And even if you do find related souls its doesn't guarantee anything unless your learned enough to recognise it and use it i.e. spiritual adepts etc etc

As love itself is unconditional , it would hardly make sense you needed or required , " a special someone " before you attained it - but it sells a lot of music and appeals to those who buy into it.

" You can lose every battle except that last " Sir Malcolm , Penny Dreadful
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #344 on: June 15, 2014, 03:03:48 pm »

Its mostly BS trust me - esp twin flame jargon , that's about as new age as it gets .

And even if you do find related souls its doesn't guarantee anything unless your learned enough to recognise it and use it i.e. spiritual adepts etc etc

As love itself is unconditional , it would hardly make sense you needed or required , " a special someone " before you attained it - but it sells a lot of music and appeals to those who buy into it.

Well, those are a couple of ways of looking at it.

*Settles in and plays a few ditties on the banjo*
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

« Reply #345 on: June 15, 2014, 08:13:18 pm »

Well, those are a couple of ways of looking at it.

*Settles in and plays a few ditties on the banjo*

*Sings, warblingly, with M. Bailey's assent? Tapping a toe or two and rocking the AIW giant chair on its retractable rockers. The cats scatter.*
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #346 on: June 15, 2014, 08:43:53 pm »

The cats have settled in laps that need them.  The caterwauling has developed harmonies and is settled in a group just past the largest gargoyle.  Sound only travels to those who want it and the singers are unabashedly enjoying their jam session, with scones naturally.   
Camellia Wingnut
Snr. Officer
United States Minor Outlying Islands United States Minor Outlying Islands

Take my camel, dear. . . .

« Reply #347 on: June 15, 2014, 10:28:22 pm »

And Devonshire cream. Watch out for those cats approaching the dish!
Oh.
Well, jam anyway.
C.W.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #348 on: June 16, 2014, 01:17:39 am »

*endeavors to play to complement Miss Rose's singing. They finish one tune, and start in on another*
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

« Reply #349 on: June 16, 2014, 07:03:21 pm »

The cats have assured us that cream was meant for cats, anyway. And that we can believe them on that point.

The gargoyle also appears to be singing, but it's just his squinchy face and open jaws that make it seem so. Someone is sketching him as well as the singers, with everyone's permission of course.

Cheesy Loving the jam puns. lol. And the jam session!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: