The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 25, 2019, 12:22:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Tamers - A room for those of us with anxiety / depression / etc  (Read 100920 times)
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #1700 on: June 30, 2019, 04:18:23 pm »

I've been quietly curling into myself and withdrawing from the world into a protective nest that I neither feel comfortable in or safe. I've neglected the things that are important to me and from which I derive happiness because they require me to put myself out there and make me feel vulnerable.

F Lips sealed that. I'm not just putting my foot down, I'm putting both of my feet down and back under me, it's time to own my day.

went to bed early last night. woke up, and failed to get up right away and get started. But I did get up eventually, and a hard start is just a hard start, it's not the whole day lost. I didn't want to exercise, but I decided I wasn't backing down.  I argued that I could do a shorter easier work out, but I did the full one anyway. I took my cold shower afterward. and now I've got my recreational internet hour.

After this, breakfast on a new diet experiment. then a little physical activity, then working on my videos, then physical activity, then shooting some new content, then physical activity...

it's time to get on with my life, my way.

Synistor 303
Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #1701 on: July 01, 2019, 01:18:47 am »

I've been quietly curling into myself and withdrawing from the world into a protective nest that I neither feel comfortable in or safe. I've neglected the things that are important to me and from which I derive happiness because they require me to put myself out there and make me feel vulnerable.

F Lips sealed that. I'm not just putting my foot down, I'm putting both of my feet down and back under me, it's time to own my day.

went to bed early last night. woke up, and failed to get up right away and get started. But I did get up eventually, and a hard start is just a hard start, it's not the whole day lost. I didn't want to exercise, but I decided I wasn't backing down.  I argued that I could do a shorter easier work out, but I did the full one anyway. I took my cold shower afterward. and now I've got my recreational internet hour.

After this, breakfast on a new diet experiment. then a little physical activity, then working on my videos, then physical activity, then shooting some new content, then physical activity...

it's time to get on with my life, my way.

Hi Rovingjack,

You may not know, but I find you inspirational. If you don't post for a while I start looking and worrying a little, then when you post again I am relieved and very eager to learn what you have been up to. I have just a cursory relationship with the black dog - a tiny bout of post natal depression many years ago, but I will NEVER forget the black hopelessness of it. Keep going, keep putting one foot in front of the other and please get through each day. We always want to know how you are going.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1702 on: July 10, 2019, 01:41:46 am »

I saw your post the other day and I should say thank you for your kind words, I struggle with accepting kind words and I need to work on it more.

right now, I'm freaking out mostly as tomorrow I drive myself to a bus station, after which I will rely on a bus to get me to an airport and a plane to get to another airport where another plane will get me to california, where I will rely on buses to take me from airport to Vidcon, and then from vidcon have another bus take me to an address where I'm depending on a nice couple to give me a place to stay for a couple nights. after the convention ends I will find myself homeless in the Anaheim LA for about 36 hours before my flight back.

There are a lot of important things in the next week that are completely out of my hands and depend on others, which is something else I do not do so well.

I will be exhausted, likely sick, and without friends or family, and as always mostly poor... in a place I don't belong to. sooo, anxiety is having it's way with me right now.

I will make it, and it will be a great story to tell once it's done.
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

09madasafish
« Reply #1703 on: August 07, 2019, 05:17:52 pm »

Anyone got any decent tips for dealing with suicidal/self harming thoughts/ impulses?

I'm having some serious problems right now because of things at work. Despite my best efforts to provide information and insight into the problems I'm facing because of my mental health my line manager just keeps refusing to listen and things are very much coming to a head because of on going problems beyond my control which my line manager apparently expects me to resolve.

A good example of this is the fact for several months I've reported the fact that other members of the team are simply not passing on information and or making me aware of what they're doing (inasmuch as it affects me) and I'm being told that I am somehow the problem and I need to make an effort to make myself aware of such information, despite the fact that a) my line manager has repeatedly piled me up on not informing colleagues and b) in order to obtain such information I would need a level of insight on their work which I don't have and simply can't obtain without assuming a certain level of managerial responsibility for them and their work.

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1704 on: August 07, 2019, 06:47:41 pm »

Phone the Samaritans on 116 123, phone CALM (campaign against living miserably) who have a 24 hour helpline for men on 0800 585858, go to you nearest a & e and ask for help, phone your GP and ask for an emergency appointment.  Please get professional help as soon as you can, don't be afraid to ask.
Thinking of you.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1705 on: August 22, 2019, 02:19:55 am »

it's felt like I was doing such a good job of taking control and managing things in my life... then the place where I stay most often let me know that I couldn't stay there for a couple days, just reminding me that even though I usually can shower cook and sleep there and I pay money, I don't always have a place to do those things and it's not my home. and two days after I'm able to return I get a message on my phone that I'm overdrawn on my bank account... and there is still 100$ to pay for my things in storage at the end of the month.

so life keeps telling me that as much as I want to think I getting it together, it's none of it even collected in the same general area.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #1706 on: August 22, 2019, 03:18:41 am »

Starting to realise i am not doing well at all. I can't ignore this anymore...
Time to find a therapist.

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1707 on: August 22, 2019, 01:24:27 pm »

Can you hold on another week and find a good Scottish one, in Glasgow??
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #1708 on: August 22, 2019, 03:46:12 pm »

Can you hold on another week and find a good Scottish one, in Glasgow??

Well
Glasgow is a bit far off but yes, i will be looking for one in Aberdeen
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1709 on: August 22, 2019, 11:22:06 pm »

Ah, yes, Aberdeen - I had forgotten that! Thought you were going to Glasgow! Sorry! Grin
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery

« Reply #1710 on: August 23, 2019, 12:47:28 am »

Ah, yes, Aberdeen - I had forgotten that! Thought you were going to Glasgow! Sorry! Grin

I wish, my boyfriend lives there :p
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: