The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 13, 2020, 02:19:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Tamers - A room for those of us with anxiety / depression / etc  (Read 128029 times)
Wormster
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1325 on: January 04, 2016, 08:22:04 pm »

"Well then..... now the frivolities are behind us, anybody else fancy a breath of fresh air, and a potter round "The Hidden Grotto" ?"

Tread softly and carry a GBFO stick!
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #1326 on: January 13, 2016, 05:46:07 am »

man, panic attacks related to health problems are a big one for me. short story long:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've had my three freak outs this week, and keep working my way back to center.

The two thing that make the biggest difference for me: Make a challenge for myself to come up with a way to triumph over defeat (loose a limb? make a modular tool arm to tinker with. Allergic to lots of antibiotics, see if we can come up with other ways to treat infections like colloidal silver we can make at home, or maybe even ultra sonic cavitation if we coul build a device to do that in the work room), Formulate a couple of plans of what to do for the current set of problems (I can take an antihistamine, I can get the prednisone perscription at a 24 hour druggists nearby, I could do both, I can take them in the waiting room at the ER any hour of the day, I can go unlock the door and set my phone to dial emergency with a word and take one or both meds at home, take them between when my housemate wakes up and when he goes to work ect ect) basically plan out options of things to do so I don't feel powerless when I feel vulnerable.

I still have me moments of freak out, and it's important to allow oneself that, but once the emotions of the situation are acknowledged ther comes a time where one must act in some way to do something about a horrible situation.

Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

Communing with the Over-soul via you.

« Reply #1327 on: January 15, 2016, 03:39:27 am »

I still have me moments of freak out, and it's important to allow oneself that, but once the emotions of the situation are acknowledged ther comes a time where one must act in some way to do something about a horrible situation.

Here here! hence my taking of sertraline for the past 2ish years.... needed to do something about anxiety other than attempt to 'will it away'. That didn't work. Orange juice, sunshine, and fish oil weren't really enough for me. Oddly enough, after the first 3 utterly dismal weeks of adjustment to the sert., I do feel quite a lot better. I also attend a meditation group twice weekly.

It used to take me 2 hours to leave the house no matter what. Now I can just pick up and go when I need to. I still get anxious like anyone would (or a little more so...) when something big is going on, but normal everyday stuff has settled down substantially.

That delicate forest flower,   
With scented breath and look so like a smile,   
Seems, as it issues from the shapeless mould,   
An emanation of the indwelling Life,   
A visible token of the upholding Love,   
That are the soul of this great universe.

~William Cullen Bryant

Trains to Steamtown, this way...
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1328 on: January 15, 2016, 10:53:30 am »

found this the other day that explains a strategy I blundered upon years ago. It might be helpful to some here.

Automatic Thoughts
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1329 on: January 17, 2016, 04:04:30 am »

Here here! hence my taking of sertraline for the past 2ish years.... needed to do something about anxiety other than attempt to 'will it away'. That didn't work. Orange juice, sunshine, and fish oil weren't really enough for me. Oddly enough, after the first 3 utterly dismal weeks of adjustment to the sert., I do feel quite a lot better. I also attend a meditation group twice weekly.

It used to take me 2 hours to leave the house no matter what. Now I can just pick up and go when I need to. I still get anxious like anyone would (or a little more so...) when something big is going on, but normal everyday stuff has settled down substantially.

Sertraline is Zoloft, right? I don't remember whether Zolft is newer that Effexor (I think it is). I mostly moved through the Venlafaxine (Effexor) branch of medicine - there were newer ones, but expensive, and Effexor already had venlafaxine generic internationally (which I preferred from Commonwealth sources, because the batches tended to be "fresher" Namebrand Effexor outside of the US was so expensive, people invariably went with the generic instead.

Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon Machinery (they/them)

« Reply #1330 on: January 19, 2016, 09:34:43 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My current emotion. I just want to...dissapear.

I actually know basic clockmaking now!
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1331 on: January 22, 2016, 11:23:29 pm »

Sertraline is Zoloft, right? I don't remember whether Zolft is newer that Effexor (I think it is). I mostly moved through the Venlafaxine (Effexor) branch of medicine - there were newer ones, but expensive, and Effexor already had venlafaxine generic internationally (which I preferred from Commonwealth sources, because the batches tended to be "fresher" Namebrand Effexor outside of the US was so expensive, people invariably went with the generic instead.

Indeed! The generic. I've no idea which is newer.

Hang in there, Caledonian!  *pours some rooibos tea spiced-up with citrus and cinnamon* This room is a good one to hide-out in.

There is also a plate of cinnamon cookies going around. I, for one, will partake and pull my comfortable chair closer to one of several fireplaces this room boasts of.

The weather says 100% chance of snow for the next 12 hours. (with a brief interlude of 90% chance at 9pm.... wtf? Is there a planned intermission during snowstorms?)

I had some 'black dogs' (one literal) to deal with this morning. Have probably stepped on a (nonliteral) toe or two. Possible apology to make, but not before I have a bite (or several) to eat. I have a tender heart and fiercely protective spirit. And a propensity to take things wildly out of proportion. Thankfully I'm not given to impulsive action. Just impulsive speech.

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1332 on: January 23, 2016, 03:30:53 am »

Indeed! The generic. I've no idea which is newer.

*snip*

There is also a plate of cinnamon cookies going around. I, for one, will partake and pull my comfortable chair closer to one of several fireplaces this room boasts of.

The weather says 100% chance of snow for the next 12 hours. (with a brief interlude of 90% chance at 9pm.... wtf? Is there a planned intermission during snowstorms?)

Perhaps like in Stanley Kubrick films, they play classical music for half an hour or so, suitably just after a snowstorm cliffhanger? Maybe plan to eat the cinnamon cookies then...
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1333 on: January 23, 2016, 03:42:24 am »

I'm finding myself unreasonably emotionally volatile during and for about 24 hours after flairs/reactions with my current health issue yet to be diagnosed.

As in completely falling apart and unable to function. But then I emerge and start pieceing together a course of action and figuring out things to do... only to react again and completely fall apart.

not that there isn't good reason for some of my issues. but I've never been one to spend time panicing while there are things to be done to decrease the cause of the panic.
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1334 on: January 24, 2016, 03:17:19 am »

*snip*

Perhaps like in Stanley Kubrick films, they play classical music for half an hour or so, suitably just after a snowstorm cliffhanger? Maybe plan to eat the cinnamon cookies then...

Hehehe. Yessss..... so I made banana bread last night, because when life hands you blizzards, bake something to warm the house up! Luckily I made a double batch because between my parents and I, the first was gone by about lunchtime today. I am about to go cut another piece and have it with hot chocolate and a Wizards of the Coast book (ahem... reading the book, not eating it...). Hope everyone is having a cozy evening.

I'm finding myself unreasonably emotionally volatile during and for about 24 hours after flairs/reactions with my current health issue yet to be diagnosed.

As in completely falling apart and unable to function. But then I emerge and start pieceing together a course of action and figuring out things to do... only to react again and completely fall apart.

not that there isn't good reason for some of my issues. but I've never been one to spend time panicing while there are things to be done to decrease the cause of the panic.

Aww. For your sake I hope that gets better, and really fast. I have similar things at times myself. Such as yesterday. I made some of this:
http://cauldronsandcupcakes.com/2014/05/22/warm-spiced-turmeric-milk-recipe/
The recipe helps to decrease pain and inflammation. I also find it calming/relaxing. I can't say whether it will help anyone else. I see sharing things that I find helpful as the only responsible thing to do.  Cheesy

CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #1335 on: January 25, 2016, 02:09:09 pm »

The worst thing you can do during a panic attack is fight it. Those are the words of my psychologist.

In other news, insomnia sucks...

Ginny Audriana Irondust Moravia. Pleased t' meet ya.
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

09madasafish
« Reply #1336 on: January 25, 2016, 09:10:05 pm »

Sigh, why the f**k am I feeling so down?

I mean for the first time in over 3 years, I've actually got a secure future (I was offered a permanent contract at work which I'm planning to accept), I'm getting by financially, and I'm living for myself (that is to say, I'm actually working in a job I want to do as opposed to working 'just to survive' or because I'm supposed to want to work). I've got pretty much everything I want out of life (ok, a bit of extra cash would help but it's not like I'm dipping into my overdraft regularly) so why am I not happy? I know I'm single and practically a social hermit, but I've been like that for a while and it's not really bothered me before now.

The rational part of my brain is telling me it's just the change, and fear of the unknown (I can't remember the last time I was able to seriously plan anything more than a couple of months in advance with any degree of surety) and the fact that up until now this was a temporary arrangement (my current contract at work was 3 months) and although I was prepared to put up with some hardship knowing it was only temporary, I've got to ask if I'll still be prepared to put up with it as a permanent state of affairs? And I could easily sort out something of a social life, but with a view to potential romantic interactions I've never been confident enough to approach a woman on that score and have no idea how/where to meet someone new. Add to all that the lack of anything and anyone I can relate to in terms of experience and it's obvious why I'm feeling down, but that doesn't help. God, I hate being able to emotionally remove myself from my problems.

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1337 on: January 25, 2016, 10:39:55 pm »

Dear Madasasteamfish
On the 'glass half full side' the fact that you've been offered a permanent contract is great - it means they like what you're doing.  And your brain is so used to coping with uncertainty (future, financial etc) that it's decided that this is the natural course of events and any change must be bad.  Most of us hate change, I know I do even if it's for the better in the long term.  Right now give yourself a pat on the back for getting that contract, remind yourself that you don't have to change anything else right now unless you want to - but if you do want a change in any other area of you life well, you've already been successful once this year haven't you?

Good grief, this reads like a motivational lecture, when all I really wanted to say was congratulations on the job front.

Regards
Cora

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Prof. Cecily
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

« Reply #1338 on: January 26, 2016, 08:33:43 am »

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
Please accept my most sincere congratulations, Madasasteamfish, on your contract.

My advice to anyone with your good fortune would be: start a savings programme to eventually finance a simply splendid steampunk project.
Advice-giving over, again, please accept my heartiest congratulations!

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily
Lady Coral Lesong
Officer

« Reply #1339 on: January 27, 2016, 04:53:11 am »

*The lady dressed in a fabulous pink ballgown dramatically reappears from the shadows of her own mind and comes in through the front door of the Dragon Tamer's ever expanding mansion. She takes a seat on the brown settee covered in a soft blanket and wraps it around herself to ward off the chill that sometimes comes from within her thoughts and in her wintry reality.*

Hello again, my dear friends. I have to wonder if, perchance, any one of you shall remember my name.

*The lady smiles around the room, hoping to see familiar faces and to be seen as a familiar face, albeit one that has been away for far too long.*

My depression is coming back in full force, this time bringing with it an anxiety level unknown by me a mere year ago. I truly wonder if I am worth the air I breathe sometimes. However, I have also, finally come clean to my therapist about my feelings of worthless and doubt. It only took me about 7 years to trust her with this information. I truly was an idiot in the past. I went to a therapist fairly regularly that knew about my depression and lack of self-worth and I only told her how worthless I feel just recently.

*The lady sighs to herself in exasperation with her past self.*

I have been on medication that usually helps, however, it doesn't seem to completely stop the anxiety and self-loathing anymore. It does stabilize my mood and keep me much happier overall, though. I do not know what to do or how to act most days. I do not wish to hurt anyone, especially my fiance. I love him too dearly to leave him.

*The lady shakes her head, as if to rid herself of troublesome thoughts, although she knows that they will never truly vanish.*

How has everyone been while I have been abroad in the real world? All is well with us, I hope. Smiley

Eternally your humble servant,
                                                                                                                 Lady Coral Lesong
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1340 on: January 27, 2016, 06:33:30 am »

I fell upon a website in an attempt to define what I've been feeling today. It's entertaining but also has sort of inspired me to maybe just do some emotion journaling.

http://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1341 on: January 30, 2016, 03:20:26 am »

*The lady dressed in a fabulous pink ballgown dramatically reappears from the shadows of her own mind and comes in through the front door of the Dragon Tamer's ever expanding mansion. She takes a seat on the brown settee covered in a soft blanket and wraps it around herself to ward off the chill that sometimes comes from within her thoughts and in her wintry reality.*

I do love your gown! Currently, I as well am contemplating white gowns, and learning to trust in the kindness and love of a kind man.

Hello again, my dear friends. I have to wonder if, perchance, any one of you shall remember my name.

But of course, dear Mademoiselle Lesong! How splendid to see you, although my fond wish is that you shall feel better exceedingly soon. And not merely better, but safe, secure, happy and well.

I must say that as often as I do so, beating up on our selves (or past selves) hasn't really any purpose other than sabotaging our Now. I've been encouraging myself to do a lovingkindness meditation as often as I can. Daily would be ideal.

Here is a version of what I do:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:22:54 am by Rose Inverness » Logged
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1342 on: January 30, 2016, 08:04:41 am »

Lady Coral Lesong

I would gladly tell you that you are worth more than the air you breathe because every human is a singularity of unfathomableness and that gravity we all hold lends us a power, we are each of us filled with potential and we shape our universe. So every day is a chance anew to shape the universe. So you, to me, are an opportunity for creating and sharing something that adds light to the universe... and as such you are most valuble, and renew your value every moment; because every moment is an opportunity, and opportunities are wonderful things.

But I know that can sometimes feel like a burden of expectation. So instead let me suggest that you forgive yourself your own self doubt and skeptical eye, as if you were a friend. If you won't grant yourself the favor of protection from harsh and unfair critiscisum, mayhaps you might grant it to a loved one. It's a start to be able to say 'this person loves me, I love and respect them, and part of that is not to disrespect or be cruel to that which they love.' and give yourself time to grow from there.

as for me. I'm bouncing around between two things right now.
1) a bit of emotional vulnerability to fear and panic brought on by my recent health issues. sudden stressors that would otherwise have been frustrations in an ordinary day, have become triggers that have me worrying about a downward death spiral in health problems. I have legitimate problems yes, but right now it's more questions than answers, and answering those questions with the question "what if... (fill in worst case scenario)?" is not any kind of useful.

2) I'm having to adapt to a good housemate leaving and an unknown person living with us now. I feel like I need to constantly make sure they are okay, rather like one does the first time you have guests staying over at your home. At the same time I feel like they might judge us. Wondering what they say about us to their friends or family when they call them up to talk. I know I'm not perfect and everybody has different expectations in life, some of which mean that not everybody can reasonably be expected to suit each other. Yet I find myself feeling like I should apologise or walk on egg shells.

In reality I know I just have to shake that feeling off for a bit and eventually the newness will have worn off and it will just become a matter of everybody gets their own space and we all just get used to the idea that we all do things a certain way that works for each of us.

In the meantime my thoughts of the emotion journaling idea gelled into an art idea. I think I will be crafting some of my demons, describing them as I make them, naming them, shining a bit of light on them, and then deliberately not fighting them. Acknowledging they are there, not giving them the reins. Taking the power back from them.
Lady Coral Lesong
Officer

« Reply #1343 on: February 01, 2016, 08:14:51 am »

I am unsure of how to begin with the love/believe in myself exercises recommended by Mademoiselle Inverness and  Mr. Jack. I cannot seem to comprehend that I am worthy of much of anything, especially love and compassion towards myself. I always believe that I do not deserve anything, especially my fiance, and I constantly feel as though he will realize my unworthiness and leave me. I know that it is unfair to him but I cannot help it. The black dog hounds me day and night, which makes it fairly difficult to believe that anything good could ever happen to me.

In other news, a new development has occurred in my anxiety and depression. I have recently begun to notice an unusual change in my ability to have social interaction. I have development a random social phobia. I do not know when or how I developed it, but suddenly I was scared of speaking to people on my favorite minecraft server. There is a program called teamspeak. Teamspeak is what I use to talk to the people that play on the server. I do not know these people in real life, but I know them well enough in-game that I consider them to be friends, if not, at the least, very good acquaintances. I could not bring myself to stay there for more than a few minutes. I could barely breathe and I was having small panic attacks. I can bear being in a section of the minecraft server's teamspeak if my fiance, who also plays on the same server with me, is in the room with me. However, I would not be able to use teamspeak at all without him on it as well. It has almost bled into my reality. I find it much more difficult to function in social situations than I would normally.

I realize that I should be telling my therapist this information and believe me I intend to do just that. Well, at least I will endeavor to do so, anyway.

Your humble servant,
                                                                                                           Coral

PS: I do hope that you find much happiness in your life with the kind man that you seem to be so enamored with, Mademoiselle Inverness. Was that a hint that you are looking into the prospect of marriage with this man? Congratulations may be in order if so. Smiley
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #1344 on: February 01, 2016, 01:02:32 pm »

If you can't believe that you are deserving of love, at least be kind to yourself. Give yourself time to rest, time to be. Take enjoyment from small things.

Transformation can come at unexpected times, from unexpected places. It might seem superficial, but something like buying and wearing clothing that you consider really cool (something you can wear without giving yourself anxiety over mainstream ridicule that is, I've got more than a bit of clothing I think is cool but wouldn't dare to wear outside a geek convention.) or taking up a cool hobby can have a big positive impact on your self-image. I speak from experience as someone who has self-worth issues. Try finding something that makes you feel powerful or cool, that you truly like and enjoy, and make it part of your self-identity.

I read once in a book about spirituality written by someone who believed in reincarnation, that (I'm paraphrasing) being human and living a human life is the most difficult task anyone can undertake. We're born into a world of maddening complexity that has no clear guidebook or handrails, and what warning signs exist are often illegible or contradictory. Just by getting this far, we've all achieved something incredible, nevermind what standards others give for "achieving something with your life."

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
Lady Coral Lesong
Officer

« Reply #1345 on: February 01, 2016, 10:05:10 pm »

I already do some of these things, Ms. Voltaire. My hobby, because I shan't proclaim it a lifestyle choice yet, is looking for small items, such as necklaces and gloves, that remind me of the steampunk aesthetic in the real world. I have recently fallen in love with two pendants that I had to buy and make my own. I found them both while they were on sale at one of the local malls. If that was not a sign that I had to buy them, I do not know what would be. Smiley One of the necklaces in question is an actual functioning pocket watch that is designed in the Victorian manner. It is beyond gorgeous and now I own the only one that the store had left at the time. I was in shock that no one else noticed this exquisite piece. However, that was all to my advantage. Smiley The other pendant is akin to a rose portrait. The portrait is black and white. There was a rose portrait that was in red and white, however, I greatly preferred this one. I had seen it in the same store awhile ago, but I knew that I could not afford the necklace. This Christmas was the first time that I bought myself something other than clothing or books for Christmas. That must go to show how powerfully I was dragged to these necklaces. I have also purchased a pair of black lace fingerless gloves from the same store. I love them, however, they need to have a better integration into my everyday wardrobe.

I find the cost of steampunk-esque clothing to be much more prohibitive. I own one pink lace dress. It is a high-low cut that is perfect for springtime and summertime, but not much else. I do love it. However, I see a great deal of clothing that I would love to own and they typically are much too expensive or they cannot be found in my size. This may be a blow to my ever-waning self-esteem, however, I know that I must keep going.

The reason for this bit of insight is because I know that I want to help people. The need to help people is the reason I went to law school in the first place and it is the reason I continue to live. I know that placing myself in the second position may not be healthy, and I do know when I am stressed out enough to need a break, but it is the only way I know to give back to the people that have helped me to grow as a person. When I do need that break, I know that I can come onto the aethernet and find a rather large and very welcoming group of friends on this forum or I can go onto the minecraft server I play on and build anything I want to build.

What I mean to say is that I know there is a need for me, it is just that, sometimes, I wonder why. I have never done anything to change my actual physical placement on this earth and I have no plans to ever change that.

Your humble servant,
                                                                                                   Coral
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1346 on: February 01, 2016, 11:10:50 pm »

Oh my dear Lady Coral, your desire to help others makes you more than worthy and when you can help others their respect and gratitude in return is  balm to the soul. You may not always get the thanks you deserve but that lack merely diminishes those who fail to acknowledge you, not you yourself. 
Yours,
Cora
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1347 on: February 02, 2016, 08:15:39 pm »

Dear Coral,

A few years ago, people kept saying 'you need to learn to love yourself before you can love anyone else' in my presence, often addressing someone else. But I decided the message was meant for me, as I kept hearing it so often. I wanted more than anything to love someone deeply, and yet I wanted not to look at myself. I like Rovingjack's creating visual representations of frustrating parts of 'self' in order to accept them. I think that can also be done by writing it out: I tend toward self-pity, depression, anxiety, feelings of inferiority. Actually for the past two years I have every day been writing three unique things I am grateful for and why (keeps me honest), and a list of all the good things I did that day, whether for others or for myself.

In the position you describe, I likewise was not able to do what I had recommended. It was simpler to start with.... doing tiny little things for myself that give me a feeling of healing and luxury... like putting on fuzzy socks, or taking a warm bath with salts in it, or having a cup of tea. And I did them not because I felt like it, but because I needed to be nice to me. I slowly learned to love me.

Maybe just for today, put on hold the discussion of whether to live or why to do so, just let that rest. Instead, do the next right thing. Only that. Each time there is a chance for a next right thing, don't look ahead to the second right thing, just do the next one. Do things like eating well, taking a walk. Make your bed. Clean your laundry. Let it be ok to sit and rest. Record each good thing you did, every night. Only the good things, for now.
Let yourself do these things whether or not you 'want to'. 'Want to' is something I've found to be unnecessary for a great many things in life that need to get done whether I 'want to' or not.

Warmly,
Rose

In regard to your postscript, yes indeed! You are correct and your congratulations are gratefully accepted Smiley

I had no idea I could be this happy. If you'd told me that I would 2.5 years ago when I first came to the dragon tamers, I would have barely lifted my eyebrows to roll my eyes and tears would have flowed with the idea that 'such lies you didn't knew you told'.... and yet, here I am. Having worked on learning to love myself for 2.5 years. And now am feeling well most of the time. And life is grand. :-)
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1348 on: February 07, 2016, 07:32:18 am »

My mood is very volatile lately. I'm rapidly moving between panic, depression, amused, slightly manic, determined and embarrassed, in no particular order.

I keep panicing at every little symptom, and getting depressed about how I was doing so well with my life and now that seems gone, I create plans of action and determine to beat whatever is making me sick, manic about being hyper vigilant and pro active, then embarrassed by my behaviour when I realize that the dragons of the day before where just shadows and my scream and run or sword waving is an over reaction ina situation where nothing is really known. A little distance gives me a spare moment of amusement about the reactions, if not the circumstances.

I am still sick, it is still frustrating to not be able to do much, and even worse to not know what is going on with my health. Struggling with what I can eat is no fun. But I have to keep reminding myself: all we know is that my body has been behaving weirdly with formerly safe to eat foods (burning itching feelings, or wheezing and congestion, or digestive upset), we discovered a new class of antibiotics we must avoid, we have some digestive upset, and dietary changes have cost me some pounds in weight and fatigue and weakness. I have had episodes of shaking and cramping muscles, but whether that is a symptom of sickness or stress we don't know.

it does no good to project more than we know about this situation just yet. I do know that I need to keep an eye on weight loss and nutrients because it's possible for that to go too far for me quickly. but aside from that, everything is uncertain.

I think thats part of what drives me nuts. I don't like bad things happening to me and not knowing why or what to do to resolve them.

I try to do other things during the day. but it can be difficult when symtoms keep popping up to remind me, and restrict my abilities.
Rose Inverness
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1349 on: February 09, 2016, 03:51:10 am »

*Takes a seat in my balloon-chair, trying to ignore that I just spent a lot of money on a wedding dress I am only reasonably sure is 'right' for me. Rose-colored curtains and lavender tea will suit me today. And shortbread. Lots of it, please. Still getting over last night's giant black-dog vs. dragon all-out battle royale.*

Rovingjack-- That really sucks. Have you any awareness of whether sulfites could be an issue? They are for me. That realization tied together several seemingly-unrelated problems. They are usually present in dried fruit, alcoholic beverages, some spices, grapes/raisins, eggs as far as I know, pizza dough, and various other things that have preservatives or 'dough conditioners'. They give me horrific reactions.

Also I have a thyroid problem. Hashimoto's thyroiditis. When it is unbalanced I feel awful, and very back and forth and volatile, like what you've described. The problem gives me a 'false-allergy' to several foods... as in, it won't show up on an allergy test, but I could still have an allergic reaction and die. (These are things I find quite easy to get depressed about if I dwell.)

*A rose-scented-mist-producing apparatus has been installed just inside the awning of my chair, and luckily these pillows are the pluffiest sink-in-and-relax kind.*
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: