The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 07, 2019, 02:08:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events  (Read 77089 times)
Steamed_Up_Scholar
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #400 on: October 16, 2014, 09:14:56 am »

looks like I am on course for the next one? 29th! will that be right?

Indeed sir the 29th will be at the Lamp Tavern

I must apologised for absences over the past two occasions, alas I have been moving and things have finally just began to settle into a semblance of normality. I shall make every attempt to attend the 29th, as it happily falls upon a certain anniversary of my own personal calendar.

We may all be Steampunks, but I prefer to call myself a Phantasmagorical Dandy.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #401 on: October 27, 2014, 08:37:47 pm »

Bump up to remind people its the lamp tavern this Wednesday looking forward to seeing everyone

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Steamed_Up_Scholar
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #402 on: October 30, 2014, 10:22:58 am »

Yesterday was a wonderful evening, a great day to end the day. Thank you to everyone who attended, and I'm so thankful the cake turned out to be a success.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #403 on: October 30, 2014, 08:45:31 pm »

It was a lovely cake. Next stop .....bake off!
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #404 on: November 01, 2014, 03:57:30 pm »

Yesterday was a wonderful evening, a great day to end the day. Thank you to everyone who attended, and I'm so thankful the cake turned out to be a success.

Apologies for my absence, I was on a very short notice (but much needed) holiday!

Medicate with tea ❤️
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #405 on: November 03, 2014, 07:50:38 pm »

Good evening delectable dames and generous gentlemen!

I understand one Mr Fallowfeild has been spreading some cryptic information lately concerning an event on December 13th. Now I am back I can let the cat out of the bag, so to speak...

On Dec 13th you are all invited to join us at Dudley Library for an event celebrating the launch of my novel, Dead Night (I'm sure you've heard my shameless self promotion!) It will go on from 2-4 o'clock and will feature a talk and lots of steampunky/Victorian/christmassy goodness! I hear the first floor will be transformed into a Victorian tea room for the occasion.
I will be bringing books if you want to buy one! (Hint hint)

I hope to see some of you there!

Love and tea,
Madam T
P.S.  Beware uncivilised Vampires and Werewolves
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #406 on: November 03, 2014, 08:33:33 pm »

Wouldn't miss it for the world Madam T.

Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #407 on: November 03, 2014, 08:53:24 pm »

*blushes* guilty Grin
Steamed_Up_Scholar
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #408 on: November 03, 2014, 09:57:41 pm »

I understand one Mr Fallowfeild has been spreading some cryptic information lately concerning an event on December 13th. Now I am back I can let the cat out of the bag, so to speak...

On Dec 13th you are all invited to join us at Dudley Library for an event celebrating the launch of my novel, Dead Night (I'm sure you've heard my shameless self promotion!) It will go on from 2-4 o'clock and will feature a talk and lots of steampunky/Victorian/christmassy goodness! I hear the first floor will be transformed into a Victorian tea room for the occasion.

Love and tea,
Madam T

I take offence to that. La rose de la fleur de sang has only the most civilised clientele and has zero tolerance for any uncouth or disruptive persons. I can assure you that the maitre d'hotel, one Edwyn Remington Kane, will ensure that your event will be as perfect as clockwork.
Presently he has enthused most of his staff and superiors, to the point that some shall be making an appearance as guests when they would normally be entitled to their leisure, and is happy to say that all attending will be suitably attired. There is a new menu planned, displays already made, promotions distributed, and seasonal decorations being hand-made just for the occasion.

I would like to say however that personally I couldn't be happier to hear that this is going forward, and will do all that I can to ensure it's success for you. I should apologise in advance though if you are roped into any promotional photos for it, as there I've not had the best track-record with the usual photographer. It's just that it strikes me as more fitting to have YOU in the photos (should they be taken) rather than just the staff (namely myself, as it is almost always myself these days).

Winterbourne Gunner
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #409 on: November 05, 2014, 01:25:24 pm »

On Dec 13th you are all invited to join us at Dudley Library for an event <snip>

I look forward to it.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."
Max Thinsliced
Gunner

Fingers247
« Reply #410 on: November 05, 2014, 11:47:32 pm »

Drat, drat and double drat. Double booked again, in fact double, triple, quadruple booked all over the shop.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #411 on: November 06, 2014, 09:39:39 pm »

Love and tea,
Madam T

Apologies Madam T., that weekend my daughter goes off for yet another school trip (this time to Germany to visit one of their Christmas markets), so unfortunately I don't think we will be free to attend.

Sorry!
Miranda.
mercian guy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #412 on: November 08, 2014, 11:28:31 pm »

Love and tea,
Madam T

I've managed to miss a good number of events, but will definitely try to get along to this.

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
Carl Sagan
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #413 on: November 09, 2014, 12:32:26 pm »

Love and tea,
Madam T

I've managed to miss a good number of events, but will definitely try to get along to this.

don't forget the Worcester Victorian Christmas market too.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #414 on: November 10, 2014, 08:45:02 pm »

Wednesday night, Ma Pardoes in Netherton 7.00pm.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #415 on: November 20, 2014, 12:12:28 am »

Ok folks Worcester next weekend. I think that the meeting place should be the carousel in the fair. But what time did we say 12 or 1?
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #416 on: November 20, 2014, 07:47:36 pm »

Ok folks Worcester next weekend. I think that the meeting place should be the carousel in the fair. But what time did we say 12 or 1?

The facebook page suggests a 1 o'clock rendezvous.  I'll probably (as usual) be running a little late...

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #417 on: November 20, 2014, 08:47:56 pm »

I'm sure it was earlier last year, perhaps we should say 12.00 then if people miss it they may still get there before 1.00  Grin
We met at the Art Gallery last year but it's a bit of walk ou and then we have to come back, how about somewhere more central and obvious like the Guildhall? Shame they closed their tea room.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #418 on: November 20, 2014, 11:15:31 pm »

12 Noon: meet at the Art Gallery (the former library) on Foregate Street, for the vintage fair there. THis is very easy to find, just turn RIGHT out of Foregate Street Station and head down the street about 200 yards. Form there, we'll head to the Saracen's Head (a little further down the same street) to drop off picnic baskets, then explore Barbourne Road's antique shops.

1 o'clock: outside the Art Gallery, as above, and proceed into town.

4 o'clock; meet by Curiouser & Curiouser shop in Lychgate Mall.

it was indeed midday last year. Sounds good to me midday, guildhall. Anyone else got objections or suggestions?
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #419 on: November 24, 2014, 11:15:17 am »

Wednesday 7.00pm at The Lamp Tavern Dudley.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #420 on: November 24, 2014, 06:34:16 pm »

Wednesday 7.00pm at The Lamp Tavern Dudley.

I will hopefully be there now all the chaos with college/comic con has died down Smiley

Apologies if I have not said so already for my inactivity

Love and tea,
Madam T
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #421 on: November 24, 2014, 09:43:13 pm »

Apologies but I will otherwise be engaged at a book thingy at Birmingham central library. Wouldn't mind but I have to pay to go to an event I'm part of!!!! Not impressed!
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #422 on: November 24, 2014, 09:46:47 pm »

Oh and just to let you know there is now a vintage clothing shop opening up above Castle collectibles  in Dudley. Room looks great so far. Been told there will be a grand opening on Friday 3rd December with Aynook (apologies for spelling not sure of it) and mince pies
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #423 on: November 25, 2014, 09:07:17 am »

Aynuck.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #424 on: November 25, 2014, 10:59:48 am »

Thank you sir for the clarification
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 54   Go Up