The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 07, 2019, 01:20:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events  (Read 77086 times)
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #375 on: September 29, 2014, 09:49:13 am »

Just a reminder that its this Wednesday at the Lamp Tavern

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #376 on: September 29, 2014, 10:30:24 am »

Just a reminder that its this Wednesday at the Lamp Tavern
Hurrah! Bring along your new purchases to show off, or old ones, or things you've made or projects under construction or books to swap or anything you like.

Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #377 on: October 02, 2014, 02:25:02 pm »

Not one that I'd go to but should anyone else want to here it is

Festive Christmas Carols!
5th December 2014 - 5th December 2014

Aston Hall are delighted to host Birmingham City Council's choir, established for the inspirational TV show, for one night only this Christmas.
Join us for a festive evening of musical entertainment. A ticket includes one performance in the Long Gallery, followed by a cup of tea or coffee and mince pie in front  of a roaring fire!
Performances are 5.00 - 5.45pm (arrival 4.30, close 6.15) or 7.00 - 7.45pm (arrive 6.30, close 8.15pm)
Tickets £7.50 per person, and must be prebooked and prepaid.
Please note that the performance is upstairs and there is no lift in Aston Hall.
For more information, please ring Aston Hall on 0121 348 8100
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #378 on: October 02, 2014, 02:38:22 pm »

BLACK COUNTRY LIVING MUSEUM
19 December - 23 December 2014

Escape the hustle and bustle and enjoy traditional Victorian Christmas entertainment set against a magical period backdrop.
The whole family can enjoy a traditional Christmas evening with musical entertainment, street performers, brass bands and carol singers.
Sing along with the pianist in the Bottle & Glass Inn and get a real taste for the season with hot roast chestnuts, traditionally cooked fish and chips and mulled wine.
Enjoy the family fun and games, treat yourself - or buy a friend a gift - at the food & craft market; have a laugh with Fizzog Productions as they perform the fairytale panto with a Black Country comedy twist; and, don't forget to meet Christmas’ very own VIP – Santa - by the fireside.

Booking Your Tickets
These are advanced booking only evening events.

Early Bird Discount
Book your tickets before Sunday 30 November and Save 20% on the full price ticket

Tickets Now on Sale:
It's easier to Book Online or you can call our bookings office on 0121 520 8054
Full Priced Tickets are:
Adult £15.95
Concession £12.75
Young person £7.95
Carer £7.95
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #379 on: October 02, 2014, 03:18:28 pm »

Steam-o-Rama at the Griffin in Dudley on Sunday 5th.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #380 on: October 02, 2014, 06:58:58 pm »

Spoke to staff at Bantock they think the Victorian Christmas night will be on the 5th December
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #381 on: October 02, 2014, 07:51:13 pm »

Ohhhh so many things going on!

Medicate with tea ❤️
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #382 on: October 02, 2014, 10:09:17 pm »

Dear Mr Fallowfield,
Many thanks for the comprehensive update on the local events. As Madam Takara says, there certainly is plenty going on! The Friday night ones (5th) could be be a bit tight for us (by the time I'd be back from work and changed a big chunk of the evening would already be gone) but the BCLM one could be interesting, provided our children will not have had enough of it for this year by then. Out of interest, is anyone else here planning to go the the BCLM Halloween night on the 1.11.14?

Yours,
Miranda.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #383 on: October 03, 2014, 11:35:49 am »

I won't feel like going as the price is ridiculous for the short evening openings. It used to be £7 but they want full price for entry. Well sorry but they can whistle for it
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #384 on: October 03, 2014, 01:22:45 pm »

I won't feel like going as the price is ridiculous for the short evening openings. It used to be £7 but they want full price for entry. Well sorry but they can whistle for it
Not forgetting the parking charge!
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #385 on: October 03, 2014, 01:24:26 pm »

Morgan & West, time travelling magicians at the Stourport Civic Hall 31st October.

http://www.morganandwest.co.uk/live-dates/
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #386 on: October 03, 2014, 01:48:58 pm »

Dear all, got this message from Phil one of the photographers who took some pics at the Griffin last time. It looks like they will do another session in the future if people are interested.

"Well the basics are -  myself and my far better half as well as being keen semi-pro photographers with a few connected business interests also run a small, local camera club.
 We are always looking for new and interesting things to do and subjects to photograph to (hopefully) keep members interested.  Following my own visit to see yourselves at The Griffin it occurred to me that inviting a few SP'ers along for a 'studio evening' would allow a win-win situation where members gain something new and attending SP'ers get some studio-style images.
 Our first attempt at this combination is to take place next Tuesday evening at The Kingfisher, Wallheath.s
 M***, H*****, R*** and 1-2 others have agreed to attend from c. 7pm and there are likely to be 12-15 club members.  We shall have two studio sets with proper backdrops and lighting and attending SP'ers will be sent images once i have collated them after the event.
 We would be delighted if you wish to come along, or if not for this particular event then perhaps a future similar one.   Whilst I do not wish to tread on the toes of any organisers or the people at The Griffin i feel that the additional and better space available may well offer a good venue for additional SP meetings and events.   As part of the 'promotional team' for the club I can help this to happen if required.
 Please feel free to call to chat about such"
Never mind the Cogs
Snr. Officer
England England

Chin Chin !

« Reply #387 on: October 03, 2014, 09:00:35 pm »

QUOTE "Well the basics are -  myself and my far better half as well as being keen semi-pro photographers with a few connected business interests also run a small, local camera club.".....

How much are they paying you as their models?
Who has the rights to the pictures, and who as control over image distribution?
With approx. 20 people is there an acceptable amount of space in the venue?
Are the 'photographers' covered by third party insurance?

I'll let you know if I think of anything else...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:36:26 am by Never mind the Cogs » Logged

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #388 on: October 04, 2014, 09:55:24 am »

Dear all, got this message from Phil one of the photographers who took some pics at the Griffin last time. It looks like they will do another session in the future if people are interested.

"Well the basics are -  myself and my far better half as well as being keen semi-pro photographers with a few connected business interests also run a small, local camera club.
 We are always looking for new and interesting things to do and subjects to photograph to (hopefully) keep members interested.  Following my own visit to see yourselves at The Griffin it occurred to me that inviting a few SP'ers along for a 'studio evening' would allow a win-win situation where members gain something new and attending SP'ers get some studio-style images.
 Our first attempt at this combination is to take place next Tuesday evening at The Kingfisher, Wallheath.s
 M***, H*****, R*** and 1-2 others have agreed to attend from c. 7pm and there are likely to be 12-15 club members.  We shall have two studio sets with proper backdrops and lighting and attending SP'ers will be sent images once i have collated them after the event.
 We would be delighted if you wish to come along, or if not for this particular event then perhaps a future similar one.   Whilst I do not wish to tread on the toes of any organisers or the people at The Griffin i feel that the additional and better space available may well offer a good venue for additional SP meetings and events.   As part of the 'promotional team' for the club I can help this to happen if required.
 Please feel free to call to chat about such"
I had a friend request from him on Facebook and the same info. I was a bit peaved you might say. The guy is so obviously not a Steampunk, we spent ages posing for him at the Griffin but never heard anymore from him nor saw any photos. now he gets in touch at short notice for a photo session and wants to offer us a new venue for steampunk events. Maybe I'm just getting cranky but I turned him down.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #389 on: October 04, 2014, 11:45:44 am »

How much are they paying you as their models?
Who has the rights to the pictures, and who as control over image distribution?
With approx. 20 people is there an acceptable amount of space in the venue?
Are the 'photographers' covered by third party insurance?

I'll let you know if I think of anything

thanks for that
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #390 on: October 04, 2014, 07:28:35 pm »

We booked the 'early bird' tickets which pulled down the price a bit, and if you're happy to walk up from the overflow car park the parking is free. Could be worse; over the summer we went to Alton Towers and and to spend £88 to get in, and that was with 'adults go free' vouchers!

Yours,
Miranda.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #391 on: October 04, 2014, 07:43:31 pm »

DON'T FORGET STEAM-O-RAMA AT THE GRIFFIN IN DUDLEY TOMORROW EVENING.

From 5pm. Crimson Clocks and birthrite will be performing and there will be traders and tea duelling.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #392 on: October 04, 2014, 11:53:00 pm »

DON'T FORGET STEAM-O-RAMA AT THE GRIFFIN IN DUDLEY TOMORROW EVENING.

From 5pm. Crimson Clocks and birthrite will be performing and there will be traders and tea duelling.

I really wish I could come but I have an engagement Sad maybe next time
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #393 on: October 05, 2014, 10:38:07 pm »

I hope everybody had a good time! Maybe I can come along next time, it was just awkward timing
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #394 on: October 13, 2014, 04:41:15 pm »

Well by the looks of it its been a quiet week OR people are too tired to say what they got up to at the weekend.

The stall pictures look fantastic Kevin I hope you had a good weekend in Leeds

Just a reminder that Ma Pardoes is this Wednesday bring your good selves and also feel free to share any artistic projects with with which you may be endeavouring in
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #395 on: October 13, 2014, 05:25:36 pm »

Well by the looks of it its been a quiet week OR people are too tired to say what they got up to at the weekend.

The stall pictures look fantastic Kevin I hope you had a good weekend in Leeds

Just a reminder that Ma Pardoes is this Wednesday bring your good selves and also feel free to share any artistic projects with with which you may be endeavouring in
It's been a busy week!
Thankyou Mr Fallowfield, we had a great time in Leeds.
Ma Pardoes already, seems like it was only two weeks since the last one.
Never mind the Cogs
Snr. Officer
England England

Chin Chin !

« Reply #396 on: October 13, 2014, 09:54:13 pm »

looks like I am on course for the next one? 29th! will that be right?
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #397 on: October 14, 2014, 03:18:01 pm »

The Electric Cinema in Birmingham is showing 'The General' this coming Sunday (October 19) at 12 midday.  A few of us have made plans to go and see it- anyone else want to tag along?

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #398 on: October 14, 2014, 03:20:03 pm »

The Electric Cinema in Birmingham is showing 'The General' this coming Sunday (October 19) at 12 midday.  A few of us have made plans to go and see it- anyone else want to tag along?
Sadly, unable to come.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #399 on: October 14, 2014, 05:48:24 pm »

looks like I am on course for the next one? 29th! will that be right?

Indeed sir the 29th will be at the Lamp Tavern
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: