The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 06, 2019, 02:42:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events  (Read 77076 times)
Steamed_Up_Scholar
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #350 on: September 11, 2014, 12:06:04 pm »

Good sir your connections never fail to surprise and amuse me.

We may all be Steampunks, but I prefer to call myself a Phantasmagorical Dandy.
Lucius Baxter
Officer
England England

Where there is no imagination there is no horror

« Reply #351 on: September 11, 2014, 08:36:49 pm »

Let's see, shirts 15 1/2 collar, jackets 38 chest, trousers 30-32 waist by minimum of 33 inch leg.

I look forward to Whitley, I certainly hope the weather keeps!

2nd lieutenant in his majesty's Royal Flying Corps
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #352 on: September 11, 2014, 08:38:47 pm »

Witley (if I can get there- trains are okay but only land me about 10 miles from the place, and then three hours after everyone else) looks to be good. 

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #353 on: September 12, 2014, 08:16:11 pm »

I'm afraid to say that I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I'm still recovering from a really long week, and we were informed of a Zombie infestation that needs to be sorted out locally so.....I'll be very busy with a blunderbuss....I shall see you all on that charity shop trawl, or at the next Wednesday meet (though that depends if I'm up to date on my college work >.<)

Have a good time Smiley
Love and tea,
Madam T

Medicate with tea ❤️
Lucius Baxter
Officer
England England

Where there is no imagination there is no horror

« Reply #354 on: September 12, 2014, 09:25:04 pm »

I'm sure we shall see you very soon Madame. I hope you deal with the zombies effectively.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #355 on: September 13, 2014, 05:49:48 pm »

Hope you all had a good day today. I was in Worcester and was informed the Victorian Christmas Market will be on the 29th November this year. Keep your diaries clear that day.

plus the asylum got a mention on the BBC website
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-29173933?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #356 on: September 14, 2014, 09:20:20 pm »

Hope you all had a good day today. I was in Worcester and was informed the Victorian Christmas Market will be on the 29th November this year. Keep your diaries clear that day.

plus the asylum got a mention on the BBC website
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-29173933?ocid=socialflow_twitter

I discovered at the Asylum that 'Steampunks in Space' will be at the National Space Centre in Leicester on the 29th and 30th of November this year, so given the coincidence of dates would the 30th be the day to aim for for Leicester?

On a less positive note, I'm afraid it looks like we will not be able to join in the charity shop weekend. My daughter's school has just organised a charity sponsored walk for that Saturday to which my daughter has signed up, so I'll be on taxi duty for the day.

Sorry,
Miranda.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #357 on: September 15, 2014, 11:15:47 am »

As I'm one of the traders at Steampunks in Space, I will be there on the Sunday.

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #358 on: September 15, 2014, 08:18:19 pm »

As I'm one of the traders at Steampunks in Space, I will be there on the Sunday.
I shall look forward to visiting  your mobile emporium! The terrible thing is, I'm already starting to plan an outfit for it...

Yours,
Miranda.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #359 on: September 16, 2014, 07:04:08 pm »

I shall look forward to visiting  your mobile emporium! The terrible thing is, I'm already starting to plan an outfit for it...

Yours,
Miranda.
Look forward to seeing you Miranda, do make sure to introduce yourself. It's never too early to start getting ready. No matter how long I have I still seem to be making/finishing stuff at the last minute.
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #360 on: September 16, 2014, 07:58:20 pm »

I've started a thread on here about the Worcester Victorian Christmas fair:
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43810.0.html

I too will be trading at the Space Centre at the weekend, so propose a mini-meet for the Thursday evening for locals/folk that can get home alright on a week day, and am looking for a volunteer to lead folk around on the Saturday (or Sunday) if there is sufficient interest to have the usual punknic-and-skittles.

We've had a meet at the Xmas fair every year since 2008 and it would be a terrible shame not to continue that tradition!

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
Esme Moore
Snr. Officer

Navigatrix, Combat Horticulturist (Cadet), Poet.

« Reply #361 on: September 20, 2014, 07:37:13 am »

I'm astonished to find, if the information on the Aetherweb is to believed, that I should be able to get to the Victorian Fair on the Saturday and the Steampunks in Space event on the Sunday by rail, although I'd have to catch my train home within quarter of an hour of 10pm on the Saturday.  This is looking doable for a rather splendid weekend!
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2014, 03:21:47 pm »

We shall get to see you on both days then Esme. Excellent.
Prof. Comberthwaite
Gunner

« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2014, 11:52:05 pm »

I usually have a commitment on Saturdays which keep me in Chester until around 13.30. Given that I ahve missed two due to The Asylum last week and something else today, I will probably struggle with Worcester, but I am planning to go to Leicester on the Sunday.

Prof. Comberthwaite
Ancient Historian | Archeoastronomer | Ethnochronologist
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #364 on: September 23, 2014, 11:14:42 pm »

I don't know if anybody is interested but I started a thread on goggles for my novel release, seeing as it is in a couple of months (oh my goodness!) And the trailer came out today Smiley

Please excuse my shameless self promotion! 

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43853.msg915706.html#msg915706
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #365 on: September 23, 2014, 11:21:37 pm »

I'm sure we shall see you very soon Madame. I hope you deal with the zombies effectively.

Infection neutralised!
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/266/a/d/10349879_691613480922521_390300233428942360_n_by_takarayuuki-d80a3gj.jpg

I will try to come along to the steampunks in space thing, sounds like fun! And I always haunt the Victorian faire Wink

Love and tea,
Madam T
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #366 on: September 24, 2014, 11:14:16 am »

Those who have given me sizes for Dancers, I have passed them on and if they have them they will get them for Saturday. If you haven't given me sizes then private message me the sizes of jackets, shirts and trousers and I'll pass them on before Saturday
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #367 on: September 24, 2014, 09:30:48 pm »

Dear Madam Takara,
Best of luck with your novel's release - I hope it goes well! Also, congratulations on keeping down the zombie hoards; you have to take a firm line with these types, or they'll walk all over you!

Dear all,
I hope the shop run this weekend is fruitful. We will be around Stourbridge late in the afternoon, but I imagine the group will have moved on by then. At least we will know not to pop into the charity shops for the next couple of weeks; I imagine they will be picked as clean as a whistle...

Yours,
Miranda.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #368 on: September 24, 2014, 09:44:11 pm »

Yes you'renot the only one to think that, Himself has chided me for organising the trip. He's a bit like Gollum not wanting to lose 'THE PRECIOUSSSS' :-)

BTW read best description of what steampunk is today.
"Think Jane Austin meets Mad Max" ok a little too simplistic but funny nonetheless
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #369 on: September 25, 2014, 10:49:41 pm »

Dear Madam Takara,
Best of luck with your novel's release - I hope it goes well! Also, congratulations on keeping down the zombie hoards; you have to take a firm line with these types, or they'll walk all over you!

Dear all,
I hope the shop run this weekend is fruitful. We will be around Stourbridge late in the afternoon, but I imagine the group will have moved on by then. At least we will know not to pop into the charity shops for the next couple of weeks; I imagine they will be picked as clean as a whistle...

Yours,
Miranda.

Thank you! I am really excited for it Smiley
Haha, yes, fortunately the infection was contained and neutralised....where are the league of STEAM when you need them?
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #370 on: September 27, 2014, 07:16:00 pm »

Wonderful to see everybody today, it was certainly a fruitful trip! See you all at the Lamp on Wednesday Wink
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #371 on: September 27, 2014, 08:49:54 pm »

I second that Madam T. A cracking day out shopping, very fruitful if tiring.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #372 on: September 27, 2014, 09:51:52 pm »

My feet hurt!!
:-)
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #373 on: September 27, 2014, 09:55:18 pm »

My feet hurt!!
:-)

Mine too but they're pretty (due to new boots) so its all fine!
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #374 on: September 28, 2014, 04:31:43 pm »

Well if I need any support I can always lean on my lovely new cane.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: